Inbuilt Media Player on TV or from computer via HDMI cable?
Thanks for all the tips. I think the issue lies with the face that movies are coded in such a way that they are to be displayed natively on a TV's Inputs. I read this on another website and have since closed the page so i cant link to it. But basically there is a conversion process happening when going from Comp to TV and during this process, some of the "quality" is lossed. It does not matter that its HDMI to HDMI.
^That website explanation sounds suspect to me, at least not knowing the details. There is no conversion or loss of quality between the computer and the TV. The TV can affect the quality once receiving the input (via picture settings), or the computer can affect its output with various graphics card and media player software settings.
YCbCr is the digital counterpart to analog YPbPr component video. (YCbCr converted to analog is YPbPr). Digital RGB converted to analog is usually referred to as VGA.

SD and HD DVDs are encoded in 8bit YCbCr 4:2:0. After/during decoding it's upsampled to YCbCr 4:2:2. If RGB output is required the YCbCr is upsampled again to 4:4:4 (sometimes done only once 4:2:0 -> 4:4:4) and a standard and simple transform converts to RGB 4:4:4.

*From another website*

So basically there is a conversion process... Or maybe im missing something?
Maybe its just the way things were stated. Any conversion & processing happens on the PC or TV, not between the two. No quality is lost via the HDMI connection.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Inbuilt Media Player on TV or from computer via HDMI cable?0