• 20(current)
Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)
(2016-03-13, 07:10)scott967 Wrote: Kodi 17 early adopters--

DialogKaiToast.xml is replaced by DialogNotification.xml in current Kodi. The joys of running a nightly. You can edit line 96 in the add-on file editor.py to:

Code:
return super(KeyListener, cls).__new__(cls, "DialogNotification.xml", "")

note that in python leading spaces are important so don't mess with the whitespace!

I don't know that this makes the add-on work, but it should get around the error.

scott s.

Working like charm!!!
thank you very much!!!
In the meantime I saw that the plug in was updated!! thanks!!
(2015-07-24, 17:35)Swell6 Wrote: I'm trying to program the green button on my old style HP MCE remote to close a Chrome window opened using Chrome Launcher. I have tried looking for a suitable command within Keymap Editor add-on but can't find one which does this. I've managed to program the green button with a variety of commands so the add-on works fine with the remote - I just need to find the right command to map to it.

Does anyone know if there is a command which does this?

I can use either key combinations Alt-F4 or CTRL-W using a wireless keyboard to achieve this - can the add-on map a key combination to a button? I gather it is possible by editing the keymap.xml file and I realise there are guides for doing this, but would rather do it more simply with this add-on if possible! I can only find a file called gen.xml in Isengard 15.0 - has this replaced keymap.xml?

With the exception of trying to map it to the Green button (any button will do), I have the exact same problem/need. What are the steps to use Keymap Editor to combine Alt-F4 as a single button push to close Chrome Launcher? Can't figure this one out, or if it's even possible.
Hey there,
I love this addon! I just miss the possibility to change keys in FAVORITES. Will there be such a feature in the future?
Regards
Seb
hello people, i've got one question for you:

I use an odroid c1+ with a philips tv with easylink cec working fine. Only problem is the philips remote doesn't have any button for context menu, so I have to add this command with Keymap editor add-on. Few months ago I did that with my RPi2 running OSMC and it worked fine with a useless button of my remote. The problem is, it doesn't work any more with my c1+ running openelec 6.0.3 isengard final from this post, whereas it is the same button! Is it due to openelec or to the odroid ? And is there a solution ?

Thanks !
hi there, when editing a tv box box remote in the keymap editor add-on, in which the buttons aren't synced up right i am having difficulty as follows -

the volume down button opens the context menu, so when i change it in keymap editor to do what its supposed to (global, audio, volume down) i then have a problem with the keyboard - when pressing c it will no longer open context menu but instead turn the volume down. is there a way to fix this either in keymap editor or somehow manually? thank you
Hi,

Looks like this addon removes all the mods and the extras eg appcommand, etc..
and putting them in a separate xml doesn't work either because they all change to *.bak by the addon except for the gen.xml,

it would be great if Keymap Editor could ignore certain config files eg "keep.xml", so we can keep using the addon while keeping our own custom commands.

I have a lot of custom command keys including some for the normally unmapble MCE remote keys which get disabled every time I use this addon.
Hi, i would like to make GROUPS show in PVR simply by a button.click.. is this possible? Couldnt find anything
Hi, how can I backup all the settings I made within Keymap Editor ? Keyboard.xml doesn't seem to have changed. Which file does it modify ?
Hello,

Looks like this thread is quite so I hope I'll get an answer...
Raspberry Pi
Openelec 6.0.3
Keymap editor 1.0.10

I can't find any map related to unmount HDD. Do I miss something?

Use case: I run RPi/Kodi with an USB 2.5" HDD connected directly in RPi. I have few HDD and want to change for another one. I want to be able to unmount it using one remote button (open tray) and unplug it.
What should I map on the button?

Thanks
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2016-04-27, 18:28)MrNice Wrote: Hello,

Looks like this thread is quite so I hope I'll get an answer...
Raspberry Pi
Openelec 6.0.3
Keymap editor 1.0.10

I can't find any map related to unmount HDD. Do I miss something?

Use case: I run RPi/Kodi with an USB 2.5" HDD connected directly in RPi. I have few HDD and want to change for another one. I want to be able to unmount it using one remote button (open tray) and unplug it.
What should I map on the button?

Thanks
I believe this addon can only create a keymap for an existing Kodi action. I looked at this list Action_IDs (wiki) and didn't see anything about unmounting a HDD. Good luck.

Jay
Thanks jerndl,

I am afraid you are right, same list here and nothing about unmount.
I'll continue to investigate.
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
Hi
On PC or Android TV, the addon seems to only work with keystrokes that do not also have CTRL or ALT.
As soon as I press CTRL, it records CTRL as the keyboard stroke recorded, it does not wait for the accompanying other key to record the full command.

Is there a way this can be made to work?
Thanks
Mark
Anybody used this add-on with Xbox remote and Intel NUC successfully? I just want to reconfigure some of the Xbox remote buttons but finding it difficult.

I would love to be able to assign a button so that I could toggle the audio output selection but not sure if that's possible...
This add on are amazing.

Now I have a shield remote with very poor button...

Can long press action is programmable with keymap editor ?

Exemple up long press = show info

I saw how to do with manual édition but... Keymap editor are so Easy.

Thks
Hi ! Smile

Got a problem that I can't fix. In TV (PVR) mode. When I click on "4" on the remote, Kodi does "step backward". I've checked the key binding. It just seems ok for me. All other num keys are just fine. Does someone can figure out what can be wrong here ?

Thx !
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)7