• 26(current)
Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)
(2017-09-12, 00:24)gillmacca Wrote: Need some advice.
In kodi 17.3, I patched 'menu', and swapped menu (m) with context menu ©, so the 'm' opens the context menu and 'c' opens the menu. Everything worked fine.
I have now upgraded to kodi 17.4 (also tried with a fresh install).
When I first start kodi, c will not open the menu (it is reset to opening the context menu and 'm' also opens the context menu), until I press save in the editor. It all works fine then, for a certain length of time (don't know how long), before it resets itself and I have to click save again for it to work.

Anyone come across this issue, or now how to resolve it?

Many thanks for any help
Sounds as if some other addon overwrites the custom keymap (gen.xml) every now and then. Not sure in which directory it is on your system, but you should have a look at the directory where the keymap editor "gen.xml" is saved. I assume that something renames the file. I know that e.g. "VPN manager addon for OpenVPN" and some other addons have a routine to make their own keymap.xml for making custom buttonmappings available. Some of them may overwrite it in your case.
(2013-07-10, 14:27)takoi Wrote: If you find any actions missing, let me know in this thread!

@takoi first off thank you very much for this Cool

Live TV EPG/TV guide is missing from fullscreen live tv, it's the letter 'e' on the keyboard. It would be nice to dedicate a button on an Amazon fire stick remote on a NVIDIA Shield TV.
Hi, im having a bit of a problem with my remote ever since i upgraded to Kodi 17.4. Before that my MCE remote yellow button was used for manually marking a show or movie as watched "change watched status". After the update the button still works in that way but it now also triggers an unwanted pop-up saying:

"No PVR add-on enabled
You need a tuner, backend-software, and an add-on..."

Im assuming it is not triggered from my userdata\keymaps\gen.xml as i cant find anything in there that would explain this behaviour. However i would very much like to get rid of this pop-up. My OS is Ubuntu and the remote is One-For-All.

Any ideas what is going on there?
(2017-10-14, 09:34)Trillian_M1 Wrote: Hi, im having a bit of a problem with my remote ever since i upgraded to Kodi 17.4. Before that my MCE remote yellow button was used for manually marking a show or movie as watched "change watched status". After the update the button still works in that way but it now also triggers an unwanted pop-up saying:

"No PVR add-on enabled

I have the same issue here with the Odroid C2 release - all color buttons doesn't do the mapped function from keymap Editor, they do some other preprogrammed stuff (what i don't need)
I just got a remote for kodi. I am trying to map the "backspace" key on my pc keyboard to a key on the remote. I have been able to find several places in this add-on where the word 'backspace" is placed. But none do what I am looking for. When I hit the backspace key on my pc keyboard I go back to the previous menu. I can't get this to happen on my remote an sometimes I end up in a menu somewhere and cant get out of it with the remote. Help please.

Donald
Ok, so I have now spent 2 hours trying to use this add-in.  I can't get one thing to work.  I can't map play/pause, ESC, Backspace, Fast Forward, Rewind.  nothing.   Not a single thing in two hours has worked.  I also can't find a single user guide to this.  How is a newbie supposed to be able to do this stuff?
p.s.  I went and found the gen.xml file.  all that is in it it: "<keymap/>"  That's it, that is all that is in the entire file.  Yes, I've beeb using "save"
(2017-10-26, 14:56)querty1000 Wrote:
(2017-10-14, 09:34)Trillian_M1 Wrote: Hi, im having a bit of a problem with my remote ever since i upgraded to Kodi 17.4. Before that my MCE remote yellow button was used for manually marking a show or movie as watched "change watched status". After the update the button still works in that way but it now also triggers an unwanted pop-up saying:

"No PVR add-on enabled

I have the same issue here with the Odroid C2 release - all color buttons doesn't do the mapped function from keymap Editor, they do some other preprogrammed stuff (what i don't need)

Yea, im getting the feeling as well that this is some preprogrammed functions beeing executed. But also the functions i have mapped via the Keymap add-On are executed so its both happening at the same time. Very confusing...
(2017-10-30, 04:18)DFergFLA Wrote: p.s.  I went and found the gen.xml file.  all that is in it it: "<keymap/>"  That's it, that is all that is in the entire file.  Yes, I've beeb using "save"

Myabe im reading you wrong but you dont map your remote keys to your keyboard keys in this addon. you map your remote keys directly to the function you want to be executed in kodi. The gen.xml file remains empty until it is actually changed. Try to actually map any function like play or so to a key. When this is done sucessfully you should see the change in the menu
e.g.: ("PLAY                         "R")
Then after saving you should see the gen.xml change.

Hope this helps.
I am not seeing any changes in the GUI as I am doing things. Is there an actual User Guide somewhere? Maybe I 'm just doing it wrong. I have looked but have not found anything that can explain to me exactly how to use the add-in.
I may be really confused here. I am trying to configure buttons on my RII remote. Is this the app for that? Or is this just for re-mapping keyboards?
I have been able to figure out that this is a mess.  There are instruction for how to get the key pressed code, for example move down is 108, but when I use the keymap editor it comes up as 61659.  What the hell?  Where did that come from?  How did the keypress go from 108 to 61659?  I am serious ready to give up on kodi.  I have made the entire thing work exactly like I want.  But I am not going to sit on my couch using an entire keyboard to use it.  So I need to know why a keypress that shows up in showkey -k as 108 is 61659 in Kodi and how to translate this so i have at least a small chance of being successful. I have been at this for hours and hours. I can't get what little documentation I can find to actually match what I am seeing on the screen. Where are these codes this add on is using coming from? They arn't ASCII codes, there arn't UTF codes.
Hi, I can`t find any place to map a button to go to home screen in the addon?

Libreelec
Is there a way I can use this add on to bind playerprocess information to a key? There is an option in the menu to bind codecinfo but nothing for player process. The keyboard buttons are ctrl+shift+o. How would I transfer that as a button on my remote?
I would love to see a keyboard shortcut to Information > Trailers so I could assign a button on my remote
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)7