Ember settings for Frodo, with preexisting movies?
I used to use Ember extensively to manage my movie collection, and whipped a couple of thousand movies into shape using:

movie.nfo
fanart.jpg
movie.tbn

Then I had a baby and got busy, and went about 10 months without downloading/watching a movie...

Now I'm coming back, found this new EMM, saw a nice "Frodo Settings" button, which is good, because that's what I use...

But if I use the 'proper' settings, EMM doesn't recognize info for any of my already-downloaded movies..

What would be the best course of action for me moving forward?
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
I was about to ask the same thing. For example the poster image file used to be poster.jpg and now it is <movie>-poster.jpg
Is there a way to have EMM simply rename my hundreds of image files to the new format?
No. Use Bulk Rename Utility to rename existing files.
Thanks Dan.
Actually I have a program called 'Better File Rename' that I have been using for years.
Until you brought it up I never realized it had the ability to work like this...
Not sure exactly how Bulk Rename works but with BFR I could have it select all files and do multiple tasks in a single rename.
Selected 'add folder name' plus insert '-' 6 characters from end for the 'poster' files. Worked perfect.
Thanks for teaching me how to use a piece of software that I have been using for years... renamed 1000's of files with it but for some reason never thought to look at it for this task, LOL.
I'm sure BRU works similarly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember settings for Frodo, with preexisting movies?0