MP TV Server
Ok, I am continuing my XBMC journey. I now have a tuner card, Media Portal TV Server installed. (note: card/mp tv server is on a seperate pc from XBMC) I can now watch live TV on XBMC. However any time I got to EPG the entire XBMC stops working. Task Manager reports XBMC.exe not responding and I have to end task on it. I have no idea why or what may be wrong.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36410

David
I have just added a tuner card to my XBMC and now have live TV. I use the ACE skin (love it Big Grin) but can't for the life of me figure out how to start recording or schedule a recording or a season pass or anything....

It is probably obvious but I am just not seeing it.

David
(2013-07-13, 01:29)DFergATL Wrote: I have just added a tuner card to my XBMC and now have live TV. I use the ACE skin (love it Big Grin) but can't for the life of me figure out how to start recording or schedule a recording or a season pass or anything....

David

Have you already setup the TV back-end server app and the XBMC PVR front-end client? See here for details: PVR (wiki)
I am just now getting my XBMC setup to record TV. I have installed the MP TV part and can see live TV on XBMC (note: the card/server is on a different PC then XBMC) and anytime I go to EPG, XBMC will lock up. Task manger says XBMC.exe is not responding and I have to end task to get it back.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36410

I have no idea why or where to stat and XBMC is not giving me any error it just locks up.

David
Please do not cross-post. Threads merged.
@artrafael

I have MP backend setup and I have the PVR setup in XBMC. I can see and watch Live TV just fine. It is only when I go to EPG then it is just dead.
(2013-07-13, 01:35)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-07-13, 01:29)DFergATL Wrote: I have just added a tuner card to my XBMC and now have live TV. I use the ACE skin (love it Big Grin) but can't for the life of me figure out how to start recording or schedule a recording or a season pass or anything....

David

Have you already setup the TV back-end server app and the XBMC PVR front-end client? See here for details: PVR (wiki)

I have figured this part out. But I still have XBMC lcoking up anytime I want to go to EPG.
Code:
780. 19:14:23 T:2960   DEBUG: CGUIEPGGridContainer - EPG::CGUIEPGGridContainer::SetStartEnd - start=07/12/2013 11:00:00 PM end=01/01/1601 12:00:00 AM
This is interesting... The end time is in the year 1601 . This looks like an XBMC bug to me.
The end time should always be later than the start time...

Now the question is how did your XBMC installation trigger this. Your log file does not show any request from XBMC to the MediaPortal addon for EPG data, so I'm not sure if the PVR addon did something wrong here or XBMC itself.
Could you try the "Reset the PVR database" option located under "Settings"->"Live TV" and report back if this helps...

Are you using a different skin than the default Confluence?
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
@ Margo.

I went and moved to ArgusTV and am having better luck but still have some issues. Just to answer your questions about Confluence. I am using ACE but did switch to Confluence to test to see if it happened on more then one Skin.
DFergATL, I've seen your issue before. When you go to the EPG, your PC freeze and you have to reboot, correct?

If thats the case, you have no channels listed in the guide. which plugin are you using for EPG?

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to go with something as simple as DVB. I was never able to get any EPG data using MP at all, ever. I am at least able to get DVB data on others.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP TV Server0