• 14(current)
[OPEN BETA] Mute Profanity
(2020-09-30, 22:28)shaktoo Wrote: heres the debug log with the SMB Share

And This log is without the SMB share 

I hope now its satisfactory .
No replies ?
Anyone ! Please I am humbly requesting  to  see if theres a simple solution regharding SMB share & .edl files not working !
All the debug logs are there !
(2020-10-15, 21:52)shaktoo Wrote:
(2020-09-30, 22:28)shaktoo Wrote: heres the debug log with the SMB Share

And This log is without the SMB share 

I hope now its satisfactory .
No replies ?
Anyone ! Please I am humbly requesting  to  see if theres a simple solution regharding SMB share & .edl files not working !
All the debug logs are there !
Sorry. I think this thread is dead. 

The project is worth continuing but someone with money and time needs to take it up.
In case anyone is interested, I have developed a web app to create .edl files and modified / filtered (family friendly) subtitle files.

https://www.filterflix.com

Regarding the creation of .edl files:
  • 2 .edl files are created.
    • One is the regular "ready to use" .edl file.  This is a bit different from the ones we may be used to seeing from the "Open Beta - Mute Profanity" Kodi plugin.  
      • There is no preamble of **** which was causing certain versions of kodi to skip the .edl file. (and thus not work)
      • The "Open Beta - Mute Profanity" .edl file only listed the word that was skipped which sometimes made it hard to determine if it was an "appropriate" skip or not.  This one will list the phrase so that the word can be seen in context and thus the decision of whether to include the skip or not is easier to make
    • The other edl file created here is a "testing" edl.  BIG THANKS to @MovieCleanup for this idea!!!  Angel (See his post here).  He brilliantly created a windows script that would create a testing edl from the regular edl file on your computer. I decided to include the creation of a similar testing edl file (through a different process) automatically at the same time as the regular .edl file creation.
      • When you want to use the "Testing" .edl file, the file name needs to be renamed by removing the "TESTING" text and thus match the movie file (and thus the regular .edl will need to be temporarily renamed or moved out of the folder)
      • When watching the movie in kodi, The Testing .edl file will have kodi skip the movie to 5 seconds before and a few seconds after every "mute" / filtered word.  This way, you can "test" the timing of the filters as sometimes the subtitles don't exactly match up with the dialogue.  Adjustments can thus be made to the timing of the filter. (Obviously the timing adjustments will need to be made in the regular .EDL file as well!!)
  • There is an option to filter ALL profanities (STRICT) or to not filter a list of a few words.  (I could build this out further, not sure yet.)
  • Filter Timing - If you have a really good subtitle / dialogue match, you may want to try the option to "Mute Predicted Word Position".  This sets the mute to occur at the predicted time within the subtitle line according to when the swear occurs.  Thus - a much shorter mute but slightly higher chance of missing the profanity. . . . The other option is to filter the entire line which is what the "Open Beta - Mute Profanity" Kodi plugin does.

Regarding the creation of modified subtitle (.srt) files:
  • There is an option for the "to be filtered" words in the subtitle file to be replaced with optional text.
    • You can choose a single word
      • Marshmallow, Watermelon
    • you can choose a category from which a random word will be selected for each separate filtered word.
      • Random Fruits and Vegetables, Random Mythological Gods, Random Cheeses, Random Animals
  • 2 subtitle (SRT) files will be created.
    • One subtitle file will have the entire subtitles (with the filtered words replaced.)
    • The other subtitle file will ONLY contain those subtitles whose lines were muted by the filter. Accordingly, if you turn the subtitles on for the movie and choose this subtitle file, the (modified) subtitles will only be displayed during muted sections.  

I am NOT a programmer.  I don't have any coding training.  This was simply a pandemic project that I worked through with much trial and error and reading forums and watching youtube videos!!   So if there are any suggestions let me know, though my skill set here is rather limited . . .
(2020-09-21, 15:44)shaktoo Wrote: Hi,
Sorry to hijack your thread but this is the only place where anyone has discussed this recently.
I Just tried this for skipping Adult content from TV Series so it could be seen by children.
However, it does not seem to work.
I am trying to make this work for "Dark"  
Files are named : Dark - S01E01.mkv & Dark - S01E01.edl
This is what's in the edl file: "00:05:07   00:06:48   0"
I have tried substituting to just seconds & try 3 instead of 0 like " 333  338  3 "  but still nothing ?

Could anyone Help Please ?
Sorry I haven't been on in quite awhile, but I use this program to mute and skip in shows all the time.  Your file names are fine and I'll assume you have Mute Profanity Addon Installed already.

Are you first using Mute Profanity to create the edl or are you creating it manually?  After Mute Profanity creates the edl for my tv show, I then add an skips to the edl file which should already mute the profanity and the skips scenes would go above that.  I manually change the curse word for posting purposes:

07:14    8:56    0
30:15    32:27    0

###### This section is automatically maintained by the Mute Profanity plugin ######
01192.450    01194.024    1    #Muted:'f@*@ing'
###### END Mute Profanity plugin section ######

Hope this helps!
(2021-02-13, 18:15)Astrocyte74 Wrote: In case anyone is interested, I have developed a web app to create .edl files and modified / filtered (family friendly) subtitle files.

I am NOT a programmer.  I don't have any coding training.  This was simply a pandemic project that I worked through with much trial and error and reading forums and watching youtube videos!!   So if there are any suggestions let me know, though my skill set here is rather limited . . .
Excellent! Now that the profanity plugin *does not work* with Kodi 19 Matrix, your work is a life-saver!

Keep it up.
(2021-03-07, 04:55)Russian Red Light Wrote:
(2021-02-13, 18:15)Astrocyte74 Wrote: In case anyone is interested, I have developed a web app to create .edl files and modified / filtered (family friendly) subtitle files.

Excellent! Now that the profanity plugin *does not work* with Kodi 19 Matrix, your work is a life-saver!

Keep it up.

So, I'm curious...I have still been using Kodi 17 because every version I've tried after that the mutes are messed up with the subtitles, they work but they are but they are off sync. Has it improved in 19?
(2021-03-07, 14:39)techymomof6 Wrote:
(2021-03-07, 04:55)Russian Red Light Wrote:
(2021-02-13, 18:15)Astrocyte74 Wrote:  

So, I'm curious...I have still been using Kodi 17 because every version I've tried after that the mutes are messed up with the subtitles, they work but they are but they are off sync. Has it improved in 19?
It does not work in 19. It will not even process correctly. Instead, it errors out. Last I read in this thread (?), the developers were going to make sure 19 worked with it.
Noticed something really interesting while using the Android version of Kodi 19.0 (Git 20210218-f44fdfdf67), compiled on 2021-02-18, that while watching an older movie that I used the original Mute Profanity plug-in for to edit (on a Windows based computer running Kodi 17.1) that it successfully muted profanities within Kodi 19.0 with no issues. I have not verified whether or not it will successfully skip scenes. I'm also interested in whether or not the same Kodi 19.0 build (in either OSMC/LibreELEC/OpenELEC) will work on a Raspberry Pi... Hmm, stay tuned..
I can tell you the last version to work on raspberry pi osmc is 2019 06
(2021-04-06, 00:30)nracmo Wrote: I can tell you the last version to work on raspberry pi osmc is 2019 06
I'm trying to narrow down which build of OSMC that is, released in 2019, June?

Like this OSMC_TGT_rbp2_20190623.img?
I have a follow-up to this...I've been using the filterflix website to create the edl files and it has worked great...I can even go and add some custom lines if there are parts I want to cut out.

Now, is there a way to use this edl file to edit the video file itself and have the original video file edited/muted? That would make this a complete perfect fit!

Thanks
Heads up, I just tried Kodi 19.4 for Android and EDL muting was NOT working like it is in Jarvis.
So, I'm not sure as to what was fixed for EDL in Kodi Matrix.
I was thinking of trying Kodi 19.4 on my Raspberry Pi 3 to see if EDL works.

https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-matrix-19-4-release/
"
Video
Fix: EDL mute now working.
Fix: ASS subtitles display now working correctly.
"
Any examples, or sample files? Kodi.log ?
I had a python developer update the Mute Profanity plug-in to be used on Kodi 20. I would like if people could test it and let me know how it works before I pay him. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M2YQUdS...share_link
Yep it works!
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OPEN BETA] Mute Profanity4