• 6(current)
[OPEN BETA] Mute Profanity
You can't jail steak a fire stick technically you can't jailbreak android it's rooting but the fire stick is not root able. Most fire tvs are hot rooted either.

(2014-11-03, 05:55)skj88 Wrote: I did some testing with this with the movies on a server. I copied the movie to the local machine as the dev suggested earlier and ran the add on. It created the edl file. The movie played with the curse words muted out as it should. I copied the edl to the original folder for the movie on my server. I played the movie from the server and it had profanity muted. If copying to the local machine is an option, this may work for you.

Another option is to install XBMC on the server and the install the add on. Run the add on from the XBMC copy on the server and the edl file will be placed where the client machines can access it.

Workarounds, but they work. #2 is what I am going to do until the add on is fixed to handle servers.

I would imagine this would take lots of time as you'd have to go watch each movie and record the time that each word or scene you want to remove takes place. In some movies that could take days I would think we there are movies with over 200 words let alone all the scenes.
There has got to be a way to do this on auto
Well this is what I bought. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...0031801019

It says jailbroken. I dont know? It has Kodi and XBMC.
Oh it's just a term people use I do it because people associate jailbreak with Xbmc they assume because the old Apple TV had to be JB to run Xbmc that the new boxes like the fire stick and fire TV do as well.
In sorry the point I started to make was it doesn't have to be JB it runs on Xbmc well I haven't ever gotten it to work but if you have Xbmc it works it's not platform dependent
I havent received it in the mail yet from ebay. But you're saying there's no way to get it to filter the language on streaming content?
Whenever i try to edit my movie, it fails to download the subtitles and then says try again later! any way i can fix this
(2014-04-28, 18:14)fegunz Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 02:06)paulie79 Wrote: it the mute profanity to i think i downloading wrong or subs not for film i have to search myself for them, it finds them then makes the file but as of late mute profanity is not muting any of the blocked words, i see in post a few other having problem they load film into mute profanity, it says you can now watch your film but is not muting anything what so ever,it has stopped working Sad i tried uninstalling it in addons and reinstalling it with both your versions and the setting are the same as if i never uninstalled it any idea on how fix this ?

Put the contents of your .edl file that into pastebin and send me a link. Also send me the full paths of the video file, the srt file, and the edl file and I might be able to help.

how do i do that? what & where is pastebin? what do you mean by paths ? you mean just copy names of video srt & edl to see if they match as not use to this unknown what you mean Smile
Just so everyone knows. I tested the latest release of this add-on from the github download with the most up to date Kodi release on windows (Kodi 14.2 “Helix” (release candidate) and it worked perfectly.
I'm glad at least some people are getting this working and finding it useful. I know there's a number of bugs and I hope to spend some time this weekend trying to fix some of them. For example, network file paths (SMB shares for example) are not working yet (as skj88 pointed out), this is a known issue. But I'm sure there's a lot of other issues with this plugin that I can fix if I only had some more information on the problem. If you'd like me to look into why this plugin is not working for you, I need you to post your debug log file. You can either PM me the URL or post the URL here. Follow this wiki on how to get a URL to your log file: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file

Keep in mind this is a beta version only, there will be problems. I'd like to fix them but I can't help you without a debug log. Good luck everyone!
It should be noted that XBMC 13.x "Gotham" can not use edl files (see http://kodi.wiki/view/EDL) and will prevent people from benefiting from this plugin.

Quote:Note: The support for actual .EDL files is currently broken in Gotham 13.x at the least when applied to Recorded TV files. Comskip files (the .txt format only!) should be used as a workaround. Bug #15207

Some things I have noticed:

1. Library items are still not sorted alphabetically.
2. When a .mpbak file exists, it is always used, even when it is for a different video than the one that should be processed. This prevents processing more than one video file in a directory.
3. There are still problems with creating edl files for video files on a network share (I use raspbmc [OSMC] on multiple raspberryPi units sharing a common network location for media accessed with the Samba protocol.) I am however; able to use a PC installation of XBMC 12.2 "Frodo" with the shared location mapped as a drive (windows) to create edl files.

Except for these issues, this plugin is working, and a great boon to my media library. Thank you so much for creating this plugin.
What is the status on the updates to this Add-on? I am loving it and would like to love it more!!! I am using it on a fire TV stick, though I keep getting a script error when trying to run it on a file that is on my WD World book Network hard drive. This seems to work fine if the files are on my local drive. Any Idea of what to do?
It's working great on Kodi 15.0 (Isengard) beta 1 and 2.

Sorting is still not alphabetical and making sure that your srt subtitle files are correct is crucial for this addon to work.

Thanks Fegunz for this awesome add-on, it's amazing that I can mute all the movies that we could normally have rather skipped watching!
Does this work when playing a blu-ray movie directly from the computer via Kodi (latest version) or only after you convert the blu-ray into another format? Ideally I'd like to play my blu-rays and not have to worry about the profanity via this add-on.
So, does this also work for MKV files? I can't seem to get this to work with MKV files I've downloaded. HELP!!!
Just found this plugin and I can't tell you how excited I am. However, I am a bit disappointed that I can't use it to play files from my NAS (Samba share). Seems I must pull each moving down to my local box before it can work Sad. If the developer is still working on this project I'd love to make a contribution with the request for continued development. A few features that would make this the ultimate addon:

1. Ability to mute profanity from shared drives (Samba or otherwise).
2. Ability to mute profanity when playing from streamed sources (e.g. the addon known as Genesis).
3. Filter phrases in addition to words (for example: I don't want to mute "God" if it's spoken about in the correct context. But the phrase "Oh my God" could be a phrase in the current editable list).

Otherwise, keep up the terrific work. Hopefully someone else can continue where this dev has left off. No doubt there is a lot of users who would also be willing to contribute to keep this project alive! Nod
This is absolutely fantastic! I agree with a number of the other posts: the #1 priority (in my mind) would be to develop it for playing DVDs. Storing the .srt and .edl file in a temporary location would work well and I'm sure that thousands of people will be grateful! Thank you!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OPEN BETA] Mute Profanity4