• 2(current)
[OPEN BETA] Mute Profanity
I enabled debugging, exited XBMC, restarted XBMC, recreated the "error" and uploaded the xbmc.log file that was located here:
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log

Did I do it right?

Good luck! This is all gibberish to me.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9byeNy3...sp=sharing
(2013-07-19, 02:27)dickalan Wrote: I enabled debugging, exited XBMC, restarted XBMC, recreated the "error" and uploaded the xbmc.log file that was located here:
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log

Did I do it right?

Good luck! This is all gibberish to me.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9byeNy3...sp=sharing

Yep, that's what I needed. Looks like the error has something to do with editing the SRT file to show **** characters. Although I don't know why. I'll need to look into it more. Thanks again for beta testing.
Ok, I spent some time this weekend and re-coded my database over to be able to use nfs with read/write shares (pain in the backside when you have a lot of symbolic links...and moving from Samba).

This plugin works really well.
The caveat is (as fegunz indicated) that you *must* have accurate subtext files (surprisingly harder to get than I thought).
Issues I've found:
1) I was dumb enough to run the plugin twice on a movie...which used the already filtered subtitles, so ended up filtering nothign
2) Alphabetical sorting (already mentioned)

Requests:
1) A way to filter DVD's (this would be great as they have perfect subtitles......mostly).
2) A way to search
3) A way to add or remove a few seconds from the EDL file (ok...this is the subtitles fault of not being in sync, but it would be good to be able to adjust)

Thanks for a great plugin Fegunz - It's a fantastic effort
(2013-07-21, 11:54)cinam Wrote: 1) I was dumb enough to run the plugin twice on a movie...which used the already filtered subtitles, so ended up filtering nothign

Actually, this type of thing should be supported, as I ran into this same problem and tried (but apparently failed) to fix it. If the plugin replaces the profanity in the subtitles file, it backs up the original file with the same name but a .bck extension. If you try to mute profanity on the same movie again, it will first look for a subtitle file with the .bck extension, and use that as the original subtitle file. If that didn't happen, I have a bug in my code to not use the .bck file (or maybe it didn't create it) as the master subtitle file. Can you verify there is a .bck subtitle file for me?

Also, thanks for the requests, I'm adding them to the project page's issues list. I'll let you know once I've had time to investigate the feasibility of them.
Sorry for the slow reply...bad week.

I can confirm there are backup files being created.
All I get with this is addon.sy script failed
(2013-08-04, 18:03)ilovemymac Wrote: All I get with this is addon.sy script failed

ilovemymac, can you send me the log file?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy

Thanks for helping me beta test, this is exactly the type of thing I was hoping to catch before the release.
here is the script error for an apple tv 2 running 12.2 i dont have the debug log for eden but it gave the same error.
xbmc logs id 42936
(2013-08-07, 03:21)ilovemymac Wrote: here is the script error for an apple tv 2 running 12.2 i dont have the debug log for eden but it gave the same error.
xbmc logs id 42936

Ok, this is somewhat related to the no support for samba shares issue. Looks like I don't support the Apple Filing Protocol (afp) either. I think I might be able to fix this by using xbmc's translatePath function, but I'm not sure yet.
You need xbmc.vfs()
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
So what do I need to do to get rid of the script error
I tried this using NFS as well still script error.
Any luck on how I an use this
So happy to see this being worked on!! Thank you! The only issue I have now is that I get a "script did not finish properly" error on every movie. It started happening after I checked the option to have the words replaced with ****. I really have no clue how to upload a log... I'd love to help though.
Any progress on this...?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OPEN BETA] Mute Profanity4