• 3(current)
[OPEN BETA] Mute Profanity
bump
Will this work with Gotham?
Hey is this being worked on?
I love the idea of this, and your execution seems to be better than other profanity filters that I've tried for XBMC. However, I can't figure out how to actually trigger the generation of the EDL file. That is, I have installed the add-on, and I've already got my .srt files in place, but nothing happens when I actually play the file.

What exactly do you mean when you say "Navigate to a movie or TV show you'd like to edit."? I don't see any kind of interface for your plugin, aside from the configuration options that I find inside of "Settings > Add-ons > Video Add-ons". I think I'm just missing a step.
I think the dev left as he hasn't been on here in months
I installed this on 13 Beta 1 and when I select a movie to edit it doesn't do anything. Am I missing something?
I finally found where to trigger the add-on to actually create the .edl files. It's under "Video -> Video Add-ons -> Mute Profanity". Makes sense if you know where to look, but it this is your first time running a video add-on (like it was mine), then it's pretty tricky to track down.
Even when you go to the addon nothing happens. It says it creates a file but language is still there in the movie. So not sure
Does your .srt file have the profanity? Do you see the .edl files being created?
I don't know I'll try one tomorrow it never worked for me with my videos so I have up. But I know how to get to it I have tons of addons in my video folder.
It doesn't do anything even when I click on it it gives a script error.
after the subs download for your film, is there any way when using this addon to watch the film without the subtitles being visible? like a use in background mode Smile also how do i edit the list i have added other swear words which i want banned, how do i get my new updated list in xbmc, even though i updated and saved over the original, it still showing the default list and not the extra words i have added, i tried uninstalling it in xbmc and re installing but again showing same list, can any one help on this ? Smile
Mine doesn't do anything and I have never gotten a response from the owner.
Hello again everyone! I forgot to subscribe to the thread and haven't logged in here in months, but now I'm back! Smile Unfortunately, I have no updates yet, but I just finished another project I was working on and would like to get this plugin working better.

To answer some questions:
"how do i edit the list i have added other swear words which i want banned" -> Honestly it's a pain right now, but it can be done. You have to find the folder where the plugin is installed, then look under "resources/filter.txt". Each line of the file has this structure:
<word>: <rating>
The higher the rating, the more offensive the word, and therefore will be blocked even at low settings. For example the F-Bomb has a rating of 10 for most offensive and therefore will blocked on every setting except "None", but 'crap' only has a rating of 2, which means it won't be blocked unless your blocker is turned up all the way. I know this can be confusing and it's one of the things I'd like to improve upon.
If you need help finding this file, let me know what OS you're running and I can point you in the right direction.

ilovemymac: I still haven't got around to fixing the issue where the video file is hosted on the network, which was the problem with your situation last time I checked. Can you try moving one of your files to the machine you're running XBMC on and checking if that works? If the plugin says it worked, you should see a file with a .edl extension in the same place where your movie file is. For example, I have on my computer a folder called "Iron Man" with the files in it Ironman.mkv, Ironman.srt, and Ironman.edl. The .edl is the file that is generated by Mute Profanity. You can even open up that file in a text editor and it should show you which words were muted.

"Will this work with Gotham?" -> I haven't tried this myself yet but I have no reason to think Gotham would behave any different. Did you end up trying it out? I'd be curious to see what happened.

Thank you all again for being such great beta testers!
I have an Apple TV 2 so I can't get movies on it but they are on my nas drive
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OPEN BETA] Mute Profanity4