• 9(current)
[OPEN BETA] Mute Profanity
@ilovemymac

I would delete your old movie folder to get rid of the duplicates. I have one folder called "Movies". That's what I added to Kodi and within that folder I have an individual folder for each movie. That way it's one step to scan and update the Movie Folder for any new movie adds and eliminates duplicates. You can Mute Profanity in any new movie within that folder
No I mean kodi is reading the folder and the movie itself for some reason. I found that I can just have a movies folder and as long as the edl file is in there for each movie so far it works

Sent from my iPhone 6+
@ ilovemymac

I add my deleted scenes above the Mute Profanity log, seems to be the only way that works and I use minutes and seconds instead of all seconds but either should work, I NEVER have used "#skip" My edl looks like this (I use tab between the marks, but this forum removes the spaces, hope you are able to understand the format, otherwise message me privately and I will and try and send it to you. The first line is seconds only, the rest are minutesConfusedeconds):

50 56 0
6:46 6:50 0
7:03 7:11 0
7:15 7:17 0
###### This section is automatically maintained by the Mute Profanity plugin ######
00742.029 00743.385 1 #Muted:'damn'
00749.367 00750.335 1 #Muted:'damn'
00764.350 00765.252 1 #Muted:'damn'
00903.222 00904.075 1 #Muted:'hell'
00910.161 00911.346 1 #Muted:'god'
01587.147 01588.012 1 #Muted:'hell'
01635.693 01636.513 1 #Muted:'hell'
02158.918 02160.090 1 #Muted:'hell'
###### END Mute Profanity plugin section ######
@ ilovemymac

I'm sure many setups will work. I find the most streamline for pulling metadata and Mute Profanity, with minimal errors is separate folders for example:

TV Shows
New TV Shows
Movies
New Movies

Then within each folder, another separate sub-folder for each TV show and Movie with Year. This will streamline all your Metadata being pulled correctly. I find this is the most effective setup.
How do you keep kodi from scanning the folder and movie as 2 files?
Then once I figure how to skip scenes them I'm good

Sent from my iPhone 6+
@ilovemymac
I would start fresh, Go to Video-Files, Right click on your current movie folder and click remove source. Once they are removed, Click on your movie tab in Kodi and make sure there are none left there. If there are, right click-Manage-Remove from library for any on the list. I find this is where some of my duplicates get stuck from removal.

Once your Movie Tab is empty, go back to Video-Files-Add Videos-Browse to your movie folder, click OK, click OK again, Under "This Directory Contains", Click down and select: "Movies", then under "Content Scanning Options", make sure "Movies are in separate folders..." is checked. Then click OK

Refresh> YES

Now when you go back in to Movies it should only be one copy of each movie. In the future to add new movies do the following. Don't add new movies individually in the future. Go to Video-Files-Right click on your "Movie" folder. Click "Scan for New Content" This will automatically add and new movies in your folder. From there you can Mute Profanity or Play movies.

Hope this helps. I know having an accurate Movie Database is VERY important to me, borderline makes me crazy lol
Hi Everyone, I just tried to add this plugin to Kodi but it keeps failing. Can someone please let me know if the source is correct?
Also, I am looking for EDL for Transformers Age of Extinction movie if you have one please PM me.

Thx in advance
Thanks for this add-on! I'd love to support the author! I registered on the forum just to come here and say thank you!
(2013-07-14, 05:14)fegunz Wrote: After a near one year hiatus, I'm back and getting ready to release version 1.0 of my mute-profanity plugin! I've made numerous improvements and enhancements and am pleased on how much this is progressing. But before 1.0 is officially released, I need some more testing and feedback from the community. So please download the beta and test it out on your setup.

I use github for both source control and issue management. Download the zip and log any bugs you find there, but I'll be watching this thread as well.

Download link
Github Project Page

I'm especially interested in hearing from you if you meet any of the following conditions:
* You have .mp4 files with embedded subtitles
* You're running on a linux / Android / iOS system
* You need to extract subtitles from a mkv or mp4 file in Windows
* You have a lot of TV shows you want to mute profanity on

Feel free to comment about anything, from bugs to what you just don't like or wish it had. I want this to be used. However, realize that this is a beta and might not work perfectly just yet. If you're the type that gets angry when something doesn't work just right, you should hold off and get the release version in a few weeks.

Any plans on any updates!?! I can't seem to get the MKVToolNix to work.
Hey guys im trying to get this to work with no luck.

does this work with .srt subtitles?
i have them in the same folder as the movie with the same name.
(2017-07-13, 12:32)tallpr24 Wrote: Hey guys im trying to get this to work with no luck.

does this work with .srt subtitles?
i have them in the same folder as the movie with the same name.

Can you explain what's specifically not working? Do you see an error? Is nothing being muted? Is there another file in the same folder as the movie but with the extension .edl?
(2017-05-19, 22:21)Ruester Wrote: Any plans on any updates!?! I can't seem to get the MKVToolNix to work.

I was never able to get MKVToolNix working well due to all the challenges of running across various platforms and different file types. I suggest just downloading the SRT file and using that instead.
I installed Mute Profanity in Kodi 17 on Windows 1703 by copying the unzipped mute-profanity-master folder into the Kodi Addons folder. The Add-on appeared but videos would not appear to be selected in the Add-on. So no success. I just installed OpenELEC and I don't see the option to install Add-ons from zip files so I copied the unzipped mute-profanity-master folder into the addon_data folder in the file browser. Two files were already there peripheral.joystick and service.openelec.settings. The Mute Profanity Add-on does not appear in the list of Add-ons. Does anyone know how to get Mute Profanity working on either Windows 1703 or the current OpenELEC?
Is there a repository for Mute Profanity for use in Linux?
(2017-08-20, 14:32)Sensative Wrote: Is there a repository for Mute Profanity for use in Linux?

It should be the same zip file for all platgorms, but I only have mac and Windows at home so those are the only platforms I've tested with. On your Windows device, are you able to open the plugin and see the main menu? The options should be like "Edit Movies", "Edit TV Shows", etc. This plugin works only with local files that have been added and categorized within Kodi. If you post your debug log file, I might be able to help you more.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OPEN BETA] Mute Profanity4