[OPEN BETA] Mute Profanity

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
bry Offline
Team-Kodi Member
@fegunz - might you possibly be interested in submitting this add-on to the official kodi repo?

first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
find quote
Sensative Offline
My previous problems were basically operator error but after getting Mute Profanity installed I consistently get errors like this:

11:07:08.649 T:12180 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
Error Contents: (123, 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect', 'smb://NSA321/video/TV/Mr Mercedes/*.*')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\mute-profanity-master\addon.py", line 39, in <module>
nav.handle(params)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\mute-profanity-master\resources\lib\nav.py", line 188, in handle
srtLoc = finder.getSRT(fileLoc)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\mute-profanity-master\resources\lib\SubFinder.py", line 39, in getSRT
for fname in os.listdir(os.path.dirname(fileLoc)):
WindowsError: (123, 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect', 'smb://NSA321/video/TV/Mr Mercedes/*.*')
-->End of Python script error report<--
11:07:08.665 T:2948 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.mute-profanity/?id=170&mode=mute-episode
11:07:08.666 T:2948 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.mute-profanity/?id=170&mode=mute-episode) failed

Any ideas?
find quote
fegunz Offline
(2017-08-20 18:25)bry Wrote:  @fegunz - might you possibly be interested in submitting this add-on to the official kodi repo?

That was my hope a while ago, but after everyone else started testing it here I've realized that there's a lot of bugs and quirks that only make this plugin work for certain setups. For example, since I need to actually create an EDL file for each movie, things like network share directories don't work right 100% of the time. I think this is why the subtitle downloader feature was brought into the Kodi code base rather than just a complete standalone plugin. What would be great is if there existed a Kodi API call where I could request the subtitle file for a particular video file, and a Kodi API call where I could say "put this EDL file with this movie". So many problems I run into with this plugin are with trying to get a movie's subtitle data and then trying to create and save the EDL file after it's done. But as it stands today, I wouldn't feel comfortable putting it in the official repo when it's so buggy.
find quote
bry Offline
Team-Kodi Member
I will ask and see what I can find out for you.

first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
find quote
bry Offline
Team-Kodi Member
@fergunz - https://romanvm.github.io/Kodistubs/_aut...le-xbmcvfs will help with network share issue

IMPORTANT:
find quote
Sensative Offline
The solution to the network share problem just occurred to me at least for Windows. Map the folder to a drive letter. I mapped my network folder to Z: and it finally works like a charm. If you haven't done this before Google "Windows 10 map network drive"
find quote