• 10(current)
[OPEN BETA] Mute Profanity
@fegunz - might you possibly be interested in submitting this add-on to the official kodi repo?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
My previous problems were basically operator error but after getting Mute Profanity installed I consistently get errors like this:

11:07:08.649 T:12180 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
Error Contents: (123, 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect', 'smb://NSA321/video/TV/Mr Mercedes/*.*')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\mute-profanity-master\addon.py", line 39, in <module>
nav.handle(params)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\mute-profanity-master\resources\lib\nav.py", line 188, in handle
srtLoc = finder.getSRT(fileLoc)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\mute-profanity-master\resources\lib\SubFinder.py", line 39, in getSRT
for fname in os.listdir(os.path.dirname(fileLoc)):
WindowsError: (123, 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect', 'smb://NSA321/video/TV/Mr Mercedes/*.*')
-->End of Python script error report<--
11:07:08.665 T:2948 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.mute-profanity/?id=170&mode=mute-episode
11:07:08.666 T:2948 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.mute-profanity/?id=170&mode=mute-episode) failed

Any ideas?
(2017-08-20, 18:25)bry Wrote: @fegunz - might you possibly be interested in submitting this add-on to the official kodi repo?

That was my hope a while ago, but after everyone else started testing it here I've realized that there's a lot of bugs and quirks that only make this plugin work for certain setups. For example, since I need to actually create an EDL file for each movie, things like network share directories don't work right 100% of the time. I think this is why the subtitle downloader feature was brought into the Kodi code base rather than just a complete standalone plugin. What would be great is if there existed a Kodi API call where I could request the subtitle file for a particular video file, and a Kodi API call where I could say "put this EDL file with this movie". So many problems I run into with this plugin are with trying to get a movie's subtitle data and then trying to create and save the EDL file after it's done. But as it stands today, I wouldn't feel comfortable putting it in the official repo when it's so buggy.
I will ask and see what I can find out for you.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
@fergunz - https://romanvm.github.io/Kodistubs/_aut...le-xbmcvfs will help with network share issue

IMPORTANT:
The solution to the network share problem just occurred to me at least for Windows. Map the folder to a drive letter. I mapped my network folder to Z: and it finally works like a charm. If you haven't done this before Google "Windows 10 map network drive"
This effort is much appreciated in my house. 

I'm currently trying to get it to work smoothly with our setup. We've got two Kodi installs using a video library hosted on a third computer. So we're getting the network share failures. Hope to see development continue. 

Question, would it be possible to run the addon like a script, outside of Kodi, to generate the .edl file and modified .srt? Currently I'm copying a movie and its subtitles to a temporary folder, refreshing the Kodi library, finding the duplicate movie entry within the add-on and generating the files that way. It's a bit cumbersome and is still sometimes creating empty .edl files. 

So could this be run outside of Kodi, maybe in a batch process?

Thanks for all your hard work on this.
I think this add on is great and it actually got me started on my quest to mute profanity from my movies, so I am very grateful to the developer and what I say next is not trying to take anything away from the developer. 

There is a Windows software out there that you can use to create an .edl from a .srt. Then all you need to do is move the .edl file to the folder with your movie in it. You may need to rename it as well. Not everything is done inside Kodi like with this add on, but it has worked very well for me. The program I am referring to is called EDL File Maker.

i am hoping what I said above doesn't hurt any feelings because I do have a question for the developer. Is it possible to make Kodi use a .edl file for any and every movie that is played through Kodi? Basically wondering if I could tell Kodi to look in folder downloads, and if there is a .edl file there, no matter what the name is, use it for whatever video is being played.

If that is possible could you please create an add on that would make that happen. Preferably that would also work on Android devices. i would be willing to donate for the help.

edit: I meant to quote the post above this one, to answer their question, but also ask my own. I forgot the quote part.
The issue that I had with the tv shows is the way an existing .srt.mpbak file is preferred as the subtitle source for all episodes in a folder.

In /resources/lib/Subfinder.py line 40, the getSRT function looks for any subtitle ending .srt.mpbak. It then returns with that value in line 48, which is used by the addon instead of continuing on in to the next block when checks for the correct name.

As a sloppy, quick workaround, I commented out lines 46-48, which deletes a processed subtitle, renames an unprocessed subtitle, then returns the backup subtitle file name as the original name.

# xbmcvfs.delete(originalname)
# xbmcvfs.rename(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(fileLoc), fname), originalname)
# return originalname

It would probably be more effective comment out the entire block that looks for the backup srt file if you have no interest in the backup srt.
I used this successfully a few years ago and we loved it as a family. I promoted it avidly. Coming back after a few years now, I tried to install as a Kodi add-on but was not successful. I am using Kodi 17.6.
I used this successfully a few years ago and we loved it as a family. I promoted it avidly. Coming back after a few years now, I tried to install as a Kodi add-on but was not successful. I am using Kodi 17.6.
Does anyone know if this is still functional? Or can it be made to work again? It's a huge need these days.
It has been my experience that Kodi v17 broke the edl functionality (mute\skip).  Because of this I use v16 and the plugin works as expected.  I keep seeing tickets on github regarding edl files.  Hoping it will be fixed in version 18.  I have not tested any of the pre-release builds.

The following is my basic knowledge share with the Mute profanity community for what its worth. 
http://moviecleanup.droppages.com
Could you make a plugin or app or whatever for Roku that reads its captions and mutes set words?  This would be kinda like TVG only on the Roku and mute live TV or movies just anyhting that the caption signal goes thru.  That would be awesome and I'd be willing to pay.
Has anyone tested this on kodi 18? Id make the switch to it, if its working there. I dont really want to downgrade from version 17.
Kodi 18.0 (Leia) has fixed the .edl mute functionality from my limited testing.  I also tested the mute profanity plugin and it is working as expected.  However if you use the edl "skip" or "cut" function using the zero function, it is not working correctly.  It skips to the wrong place and the kodi player time code no longer matches the movie.  A similar bug report is listed here:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15186

So if you just want to use the plugin as designed, it looks like Kodi is back on track.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OPEN BETA] Mute Profanity4