• 172(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-02-01, 22:38)Guile Wrote: REALLY weird and VERY annoying problem. I've been using 0.3.1 now and feel I've finally got things where I want/need them...until yesterday. No idea why but everything just stopped functioning! My live channels are the thing that took me a lot of time and now don't work at all! If I run auto-tune, it will auto populate channels as normal. Unfortunately, my old settings2 file just won't work. It won't populate the m3u anymore. Below is an example of a live channel that just won't work anymore. I even attempted to create a new settings2 file and start with 1 channel at a time but it won't work.

<setting id="Channel_2_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_2_1" value="I20.28455483.microsoft.com" />
<setting id="Channel_2_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/0.pvr" />
<setting id="Channel_2_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_2_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_2_time" value="54171" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1" value="CBS" />

Does anybody see something wrong here or have ANY idea why this might have happened?

Same thing happened to me, i had to restart from scratch. I also had to use the stream file for the hdhomerun (hdhomerun://10338282-1/tuner1?channel=8vsb:587000000&program=1" />) instead of the favorites link.
(2014-02-01, 22:45)ylafont Wrote:
(2014-02-01, 22:38)Guile Wrote: REALLY weird and VERY annoying problem. I've been using 0.3.1 now and feel I've finally got things where I want/need them...until yesterday. No idea why but everything just stopped functioning! My live channels are the thing that took me a lot of time and now don't work at all! If I run auto-tune, it will auto populate channels as normal. Unfortunately, my old settings2 file just won't work. It won't populate the m3u anymore. Below is an example of a live channel that just won't work anymore. I even attempted to create a new settings2 file and start with 1 channel at a time but it won't work.

Does anybody see something wrong here or have ANY idea why this might have happened?

Same thing happened to me, i had to restart from scratch. not sure why.

After all the time I invested? Scary....

Force channel rebuilding, and set all "Channel_X_changed" to True instead of false. Delete your cache folder. Then start up PTVL. If it's not working, try it with one channel and work your way up..

This has worked for me in the past. It might for you.

EDIT: I don't actually have any HDHomerun or PVR channels. But it has worked for me with other plugin:// or 24/7 live streams.

EDIT 2: If that also fails. You can also try setting "background updating" to Off and "Override Stream Validation" (under Misc.) to On. Maybe the channels will load then. But if so, they're probably should be a bug report made to Lunatixz.

Maybe this all won't help, just my 2 cents.
Nothing has been changed! No need to panic and change your settings2.xml...
if something doesn't work it may be a bug... which there is right now... I'm working on fixing it.

If you are worried about running into problems don't upgrade! All my releases are beta, and anything can break at anytime!!

If you run into a problem and i'm not aware of a bug, report it with a log and detailed post about the problem...

Tonight update should fix a few problems and missing channels
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Lunatixz, you were talking about keymaps that may come in handy. A zoom button would be nice ('z' in normal xbmc player), so 4:3 can be stretched etc.
(2014-02-01, 23:40)Sleuteltje Wrote: Lunatixz, you were talking about keymaps that may come in handy. A zoom button would be nice ('z' in normal xbmc player), so 4:3 can be stretched etc.

I'll consider it... I would say yes, but I'm running out of available keys on the remote Wink
(2014-02-01, 22:37)moontan77 Wrote: Confluence at the moment. Usually use refocus big but that always crashes xbmc after a few channel changes in pseudotv live and no explanation in the log (no such issue with confluence).

Although the posters appear ok now, no fanart/landscape picture appears on the epg screen (using aurora skin). If it means to show a landscape picture then my library probably doesnt have one (definitely has fanart pictures though).
Same thing happened to me with the artwork downloader.Also for the epg artwork i downloaded "landscapes" and for the shows that couldn't find renamed fanart.jpg to landscape.jpg
(2014-02-01, 23:52)tromy Wrote:
(2014-02-01, 22:37)moontan77 Wrote: Confluence at the moment. Usually use refocus big but that always crashes xbmc after a few channel changes in pseudotv live and no explanation in the log (no such issue with confluence).

Although the posters appear ok now, no fanart/landscape picture appears on the epg screen (using aurora skin). If it means to show a landscape picture then my library probably doesnt have one (definitely has fanart pictures though).
Same thing happened to me with the artwork downloader.Also for the epg artwork i downloaded "landscapes" and for the shows that couldn't find renamed fanart.jpg to landscape.jpg

I prefer landscape since it has the show title... but a lot of old shows don't have a landscape image. I'm considering changing it to fanart, with a clearlogo over it...

FYI any user can easily change what art is used by a skin... open either EPG.xml or overlay.xml in the skin folder, Look for "dynamic art" change 507 or 509 label name (ie. landscape to fanart)... read the txt file in the skin folder for details...

Aurora uses landscape.jpg for the EPG dynamic artwork, if you run artwork downloader addon and tell it to get landscape artwork for movies and tv that should fix your problem.
(2014-02-01, 23:49)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-01, 23:40)Sleuteltje Wrote: Lunatixz, you were talking about keymaps that may come in handy. A zoom button would be nice ('z' in normal xbmc player), so 4:3 can be stretched etc.

I'll consider it... I would say yes, but I'm running out of available keys on the remote Wink

Thnx! The normal z button doesn't work in PTVL. It would be great if that would work. If someone wants it on the remote they can just map a remote button to Z. I have my remote mapped to keyboard presses. So it would be ideal for me Smile.
Why aren't my TV Show channels using all episodes? It seems to jump around and take one episode per season. This happens with every show.
(2014-02-02, 01:04)xecutionx Wrote: Why aren't my TV Show channels using all episodes? It seems to jump around and take one episode per season. This happens with every show.
Read post 3 - FAQ

(2014-02-02, 00:23)Sleuteltje Wrote:
(2014-02-01, 23:49)Lunatixz Wrote:

Thnx! The normal z button doesn't work in PTVL. It would be great if that would work. If someone wants it on the remote they can just map a remote button to Z. I have my remote mapped to keyboard presses. So it would be ideal for me Smile.

Yes, and with Eventghost the skies the limit... but I'm going to add a few basic remote features. My end goal for this project is an ALL in one Settopbox replacement, with easy setup and configuration, along with a windows and android companion tool for on the fly channel editing...
(2014-02-02, 02:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 01:04)xecutionx Wrote: Why aren't my TV Show channels using all episodes? It seems to jump around and take one episode per season. This happens with every show.
Read post 3 - FAQ

The problem in the FAQ isn't exactly what happens with me (it adds the channel and adds a few episodes from each season, in order, but it skips from like S01E02 to S01E20 to S02E05). If I make a TV Show Smart playlist and add it as a Playlist channel, it works. Is this supposed to be the new normal behavior (it's different from the normal PseudoTV).
(2014-02-02, 03:14)xecutionx Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 02:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
Read post 3 - FAQ

The problem in the FAQ isn't exactly what happens with me (it adds the channel and adds a few episodes from each season, in order, but it skips from like S01E02 to S01E20 to S02E05). If I make a TV Show Smart playlist and add it as a Playlist channel, it works. Is this supposed to be the new normal behavior (it's different from the normal PseudoTV).

You have your answer, use the information as you like...
(2014-02-02, 03:26)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 03:14)xecutionx Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 02:54)Lunatixz Wrote: Read post 3 - FAQ

You have your answer, use the information as you like...

So what would be the point of the TV Show channel type now? Just asking. The thread is huge and everyone has different setups and usage so it's hard to get clear information on any specific option. I was just trying to use the TV Show channel type as I've had for months, if not over a year now and didn't understand why it didn't work as it did (and all I could find regarding problems with that channel type had something to do with Channel Sharing, which I currently do not use).
  • 172(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45