• 30(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-08-15, 21:11)Lunatixz Wrote: I responded to henbone... think there was miscommunication on my plans...

cleared it up, i knew you had awesome planned. and thank you scliz!!
Brick 
Would it be possible to add live TV channels using HDHomeRun strm files, without an XMLTV file?

Will channels load without the channel ID value or possibly some other ID?
Code:
<setting  id=channel_1_1" value="I60159.labs.zap2it.com" />

I'm stilling trying to learn how to use a grabber or download an XMLTV file, and would like to have live TV until I figure things out. Even if there is no EPG info just channel numbers.

Or would I just set channels up as internet streams with value in first line set to 9, and the HDHomeRun location set as the source?
Code:
<setting id="Channel_999_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_999_1" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_999_2" value="hdhomerun://xxxxxxxD-1/tuner1?channel=qam256:399000000&program=2" />
Thanks in advance
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
(2013-08-15, 19:00)Lunatixz Wrote: You're misunderstanding what I meant about removing manual settings...

Settings2.xml is just about the most important part of PTVL... so directly editing it could be problematic if an error in syntax is made...

You will still be able to manually edit, but not directly to settings2... I will have files like "livetv.xml" and internettv.xml" which can provided error checking before being written to settings2.xml

Thanks for the explanation. I had not heard anything about the other files. Great news.
(2013-08-16, 09:14)shess757 Wrote: Would it be possible to add live TV channels using HDHomeRun strm files, without an XMLTV file?

Will channels load without the channel ID value or possibly some other ID?
Code:
<setting  id=channel_1_1" value="I60159.labs.zap2it.com" />

I'm stilling trying to learn how to use a grabber or download an XMLTV file, and would like to have live TV until I figure things out. Even if there is no EPG info just channel numbers.

Or would I just set channels up as internet streams with value in first line set to 9, and the HDHomeRun location set as the source?
Code:
<setting id="Channel_999_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_999_1" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_999_2" value="hdhomerun://xxxxxxxD-1/tuner1?channel=qam256:399000000&program=2" />
Thanks in advance

Just use channel type 9 and follow example configuration for strm file.

I recommend you use a direct link for hdhomerun over strm files.

When your ready for xmltv switch to channel type 8 and change configuration.

(2013-08-16, 14:04)henbone11 Wrote:
(2013-08-15, 19:00)Lunatixz Wrote: You're misunderstanding what I meant about removing manual settings...

Settings2.xml is just about the most important part of PTVL... so directly editing it could be problematic if an error in syntax is made...

You will still be able to manually edit, but not directly to settings2... I will have files like "livetv.xml" and internettv.xml" which can provided error checking before being written to settings2.xml

Thanks for the explanation. I had not heard anything about the other files. Great news.

(2013-08-13, 00:57)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-08-13, 00:40)j2048b Wrote: Luna quick question, once everythib is set for final release will any of us need to do our own settings.xml's or have to take out channels that dont work? Or will it auto find channels that do not work and make them void?

Also if this is the case can we ask for certain channels to be added and someone keep up on a big settings.xml that is integrated?

Just a few q i had Smile

In the final build, almost all manual configuration will be gone...
Problem always remains that urls are too long to type by hand on XBMC, and its always going to be easier to (copy/paste) add that info using notepad.

But configuration will be made easier since options for adding from:
XBMC's favorite list and possibly directly from installed plugins will be included.

as for "Auto tuning"

To take some of the mystery out of it!! It will build channels either from a clean settings2 (no channels) or it will fill the empty channels with whatever was selected.

TV by TV networks (abc, amc, etc)
Movies by Genre
Mixed TV/Movies by genre
Music by Genre

As for the new channel types:

LiveTV and InternetTV will build from a list similar to the structure of the settings2.xml... this will allow for easier file sharing without messing up channel numbers for each user.
Youtube and RSS will have a structure also similar to what it is now, but cleaned up to just provide simple info like: name of channel, channel type
Livestream will read "thestreamDB.xml" livestream files and populate everything on the list...

BCT's will be mixed into auto tuned channels only... not sure of specifics yet...

as far as maintenance... I've tested everything from url headers, socket requests, rtmpdump requests... there is no one url validating method that seems to work universally.
So I will just improve error handling in general to avoid crashes.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Does anyone use optional strm file generation? going to be removing it, plus all of the switches for disabling and enabling live features as they aren't needed...
the youtube strn generator for library? if so yes i do
(2013-08-16, 22:54)scilz Wrote: the youtube strn generator for library? if so yes i do
oh... okay so I'll leave the strm option alone... but the enable/disable switch... isn't necessary since you can just not add the channel if you don't want it...
nevermind
Ever since the added youtube settings, my homeruntv settings; which were all working perfectly before, have stopped working freezing up on the parsing channel part. Here is an example, which used to work perfectly, and still does in regular xbmc...

<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="I432.43734.tmsdatadirect.com" />
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="hdhomerun://103B82ED-0/tuner0?channel=qam256:123000000&program=1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="true" />
<setting id="Channel_1_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="WSAV-DT" />

When it stopped working I also tried
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="smb://HTPC/HDHomeRun XBMC TV/3.1 WSAV HD (NBC) 3.strm" />

I just want to know if I am the only one now suddenly having livetv problems or if it is something others are experiencing as well.

Also I would be interested in the custom playlist question Aenima99x asked before as well. The custom advanced channel settings are a minefield to try to maneuver in, and there is no selection above advanced like there is on the non-livetv version for the playlists. Has anyone here successfully created a custom playlist on this version of Pseudo-TV? If so, please post the settings2 entry code for it so we know how to manually enter ours. Thanks!
(2013-08-17, 18:03)Invincer Wrote: Ever since the added youtube settings, my homeruntv settings; which were all working perfectly before, have stopped working freezing up on the parsing channel part.
My master can break something from time to time, I'm adding new features which could impact previous ones...

Nothing has changed for the LiveTV channel type, and your setup looks fine...

I would delete the cache folder and enter settings since I've changed things around maybe your settings weren't reset?
(2013-08-17, 18:03)Invincer Wrote: Also I would be interested in the custom playlist question Aenima99x asked before as well. The custom advanced channel settings are a minefield to try to maneuver in, and there is no selection above advanced like there is on the non-livetv version for the playlists.

I'll take a look
(2013-08-17, 18:03)Invincer Wrote: Has anyone here successfully created a custom playlist on this version of Pseudo-TV? If so, please post the settings2 entry code for it so we know how to manually enter ours. Thanks!

I have been able to setup playlists. I'm having the same problem as well. I selected custom playlist and then ok, I think it just took the top one on my smart playlist even though I couldn't see it. Then looking in settings2 I noticed a link to a smart playlist.
Code:
<setting id="Channel_14_type" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_14_1" value="special://profile/playlists/video/starwars.xsp" />
<setting id="Channel_14_2" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_14_3" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_14_4" value="" />
<setting id="Channel_14_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_14_time" value="153534" />

EDIT: This is not accurate I am going from memory, I will update the actual code when I get home from work so not to mislead anyone in the future. Or possibly Luna could update it. This is what worked for me. My path is C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\video (windows) alittle different for Linux.
I just changed the path to the playlist for whatever list I wanted. Deleted the cache and worked fine next time I went into PTV live.

Also thanks to Luna for the help on the live TV without XMLTV that I posted above, worked perfectly.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
@ the dev

Would you consider reserving a channel, say Channel 1, for a Search function that would enable a user to search their library and/or another addon of their choosing ?

In that way the app becomes more "self-contained" should the user decide to watch something more specific than that which is shown in the guide.
(2013-08-18, 04:09)mmartell Wrote: @ the dev

Would you consider reserving a channel, say Channel 1, for a Search function that would enable a user to search their library and/or another addon of their choosing ?

In that way the app becomes more "self-contained" should the user decide to watch something more specific than that which is shown in the guide.

and make that the channel it switches to if a stream is broken
(2013-08-18, 06:40)nerdmastax Wrote:
(2013-08-18, 04:09)mmartell Wrote: @ the dev

and make that the channel it switches to if a stream is broken

This is not even a remote possibility... Its out of the realm of the core program.

If you found bugs... nows the time to bring them up... before I move on....

Bugs I'm aware of:
  • LiveTV EPG out of sync
    Missing custom playlist rule

I need to clear up the complaints that were made but never seem to get resolved (users never responded back!).

On my end, All channel types are working... I corrected url encoding problems, and playlist limits that were cutting off links... I added a youtube/rss media limit to speed up startup, and removed force reset rules for everything but LiveTV...
is there anything elseHuh
Hi All... Linux Uber-NOOB here (heh-heh, running with OpenELEC)

First may I say a big THANK YOU to Lunatixz for getting PTVL up and running... and continuing to refine Function and Features.

I'm using PTVL for the first time now (with a huge choice of internet streams courtesy of scilz's latest settings2.xml file) - what fun !

I notice the audio is muted quite often - if this was covered previously, please forgive my asking. Under what conditions does the auto-muting happen, and will I have to unmute the sound every time I change a channel ?

Also, I cannot get the audio/video codec display to show in the usual way... is there a command to see this info while watching something from within PTVL ?

And one more thing (sorry...) - using my GP-IR02BK MCE remote (with no key remapping), I'm NOT able to switch channels with the CH UP/CH DOWN rocker switch (beside the Green Windows button)... only the navigation arrows respond. Is this the expected behaviour ?

Thanks again for an awesome AddOn !
Cheers...
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45