• 692(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2015-10-14, 02:15)jacobreed222 Wrote: How much do I have to donate to get the donor features?

$300/mo for the rest of your life.

Kidding. Seriously though, its up to you. Food for thought: the devs work on this program in their free time for the benefit of everyone. I look at it as showing gratitude for creating an amazing way to watch TV after "cutting the cord" rather than buying more features. I donate to show gratitude for giving me a way to save $200+/mo on my cable bill. Luna gives thanks by giving me extra features. Do what's right for you.
Regarding the slow channel creation in 0.6.9 , Luna was able to discover what the issue and posted in the debug forum post:

(2015-10-15, 14:05)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-10-15, 01:28)amcfarla Wrote: ...TV channel creation is extremely slow compared to the previous version....

It looks like "lowpower" mode isn't kicking in for your system, which it should.

Fix in next update and u will be required to configure 'platform" type under settings.
(2015-10-12, 22:25)1deep Wrote:
(2015-10-12, 02:10)stephendt Wrote: 6 months on, is there an elderly-compatible solution to this? A way to make the UI look exactly the same as the stock TV UI? Remapping keys and expecting my stubborn, lazy 65 year old father to understand how it works isn't going to fly I'm afraid. They need to see stuff on-screen.

Been using ptvl since the first release and wow it's come a long way Luna's amazing. I too am hoping this software ends up being more non-tech people friendly in it's stable release but this is still the testing phase. When I leave say a girlfriend in front of it I still fear something will go wrong. I couldn't imagine letting somebody over 50 use this as their main source of TV but then again I guess it depends what kind of channels you have but for me no way. If I go to work for 10 hours I'd be worried about it cutting off and them not knowing how to get it back on. That being said this project is amazing hope it reaches it's full potential so I can throw my STB in the trash!

(2015-10-12, 22:36)RamboUnchained Wrote:
(2015-10-12, 22:25)1deep Wrote:
(2015-10-12, 02:10)stephendt Wrote: 6 months on, is there an elderly-compatible solution to this? A way to make the UI look exactly the same as the stock TV UI? Remapping keys and expecting my stubborn, lazy 65 year old father to understand how it works isn't going to fly I'm afraid. They need to see stuff on-screen.

Been using ptvl since the first release and wow it's come a long way Luna's amazing. I too am hoping this software ends up being more non-tech people friendly in it's stable release but this is still the testing phase. When I leave say a girlfriend in front of it I still fear something will go wrong. I couldn't imagine letting somebody over 50 use this as their main source of TV but then again I guess it depends what kind of channels you have but for me no way. If I go to work for 10 hours I'd be worried about it cutting off and them not knowing how to get it back on. That being said this project is amazing hope it reaches it's full potential so I can throw my STB in the trash!

Pretty much the same for me. All of my channels are from USTVnow and my library, but channels hang sometimes. USTV tends to just stop playing. When I'm in the USTVnow addon, it'll just kick me out to the channel list. If a USTVnow channel freezes while in PTVL, the entire system locks up on Android and Windows. Not much of a task for me to force close or open the task manager and close Kodi from there, but for my family, it's too much of a hassle if it's constantly happening.

Thanks guys. I might look at it again about a year from now. This extension shows a tonne of potential. Look forward to it becoming more stable and easier to use.
I just updated to new version 0.6.9b and set my PC to celeron in settings and I no longer have channel logos in my channel guide. I cannot locate a setting to turn that back on in the settings. Does anyone know how to turn that back on? Thank you.
I've just installed PsuedoTV Live after having used the original PsuedoTV several years back.

I have to say the progress is amazing... it's so much nicer to look at, faster, and has more features than it used to, so hats off to the new devs for some great work Wink

I've just been having a small issue with the population of the guide, and wondered if anyone could shed some light, or knows how to fix my problem.

So the issue is, that the guide only shows the currently airing program, and the program that aired before it. The previously aired program extends back down the timeline to the beginning of time, and vice-versa for the currently airing program.

Here's some information to shed some light on my configuration:

I am using the Emby extension to populate my local library, and while I would like to use the extra content features such as trailers and commercials, I currently have them disabled for problem-solving purposes.

I used the auto-generation feature to create my channels, and chose to only include library content (no pvr or internet sources).

This basically leaves me with 3 groups of channels, populated by library content:
> TV Show Channels
> Movie Channels
> Mixed Channels of TV and Movies

Has anybody else experienced this or possibly have a fix?
Lead Developer @ TheGamesDB.net

(2015-10-16, 19:18)amcfarla Wrote: I just updated to new version 0.6.9b and set my PC to celeron in settings and I no longer have channel logos in my channel guide. I cannot locate a setting to turn that back on in the settings. Does anyone know how to turn that back on? Thank you.

PTVL- configure/visuals; point to channel logo folder then enable "Find Missing Logos". Here`s a zip with over 3000 logos... https://www.dropbox.com/s/6kzn2byy7soliv...s.zip?dl=0 Cool
(2015-10-16, 20:39)dave157 Wrote: PTVL- configure/visuals; point to channel logo folder then enable "Find Missing Logos". Here`s a zip with over 3000 logos... https://www.dropbox.com/s/6kzn2byy7soliv...s.zip?dl=0 Cool

that link doesnt work for me Sad
Having a little trouble running PTVL from the repo.

Clean install of Kodi on Ubuntu 14.04 64bit (kodi 2:15.1~git20150816.1137-final-0vivid) with no prior ~/.kodi directory. Installed lunatix repo, then installed the plugin. First launch of PTVL 0.6.9b I get this:

Quote:17:03:37 T:139936192321280 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/fog/.kodi/addons/script.pseudotv.live/default.py", line 22, in <module>
from resources.lib.Globals import *
File "/home/fog/.kodi/addons/script.pseudotv.live/resources/lib/Globals.py", line 206, in <module>
OS_SET = int(REAL_SETTINGS.getSetting("os"))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
-->End of Python script error report<--

Any ideas on what can cause this? Can't seem to get past it.
(2015-10-16, 21:17)wyild1 Wrote:
(2015-10-16, 20:39)dave157 Wrote: PTVL- configure/visuals; point to channel logo folder then enable "Find Missing Logos". Here`s a zip with over 3000 logos... https://www.dropbox.com/s/6kzn2byy7soliv...s.zip?dl=0 Cool

try it now
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6kzn2byy7soliv...s.zip?dl=0
(2015-10-16, 21:17)wyild1 Wrote:

Let me know if it works now, if it doesn`t I`ll upload it to Google Drive and put it a link through there
Google Drive link... https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-wuOT8...sp=sharing
(2015-10-16, 22:40)dave157 Wrote: Google Drive link... https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-wuOT8...sp=sharing

Sweet thanks!!! Smile
(2015-10-16, 19:45)flexage Wrote: I've just been having a small issue with the population of the guide, and wondered if anyone could shed some light, or knows how to fix my problem.

So the issue is, that the guide only shows the currently airing program, and the program that aired before it. The previously aired program extends back down the timeline to the beginning of time, and vice-versa for the currently airing program.

Actually, I've just been doing some digging, and what I said before isn't exactly true.

There are other programs showing further along the timeline, they're just tens of hours apart... in fact after doing some counting it seems that the duration of items in my guide is incorrect. For every 1 minute of runtime that a show has, PsuedoTV Live is plotting 1 hour on the guide.

For example:
> A 21 min episode of 8 Simple Rules is showing as lasting 21 hours in the PTVL guide
> A 45 min episode of Breaking Bad is showing as lasting 45 hours in the PTVL guide
> A 120 min movie is showing as lasting 120 hours in the PTVL guide

At least I see the pattern in it now... Has anyone else experienced this before, or got any ideas on how to fix this?

As I mentioned before I'm using the new (replaced the original) Emby plugin to fill my Kodi library, and I'm not sure if this could cause the problem?
Lead Developer @ TheGamesDB.net

Is it just me or is the latest version reset all the settings on startup?

I change the settings, like turn background updating on but when I fire it up, it resets the settings and turns background updating off. It also resets all the channels when it does that.

I also tried changing the device type to intel celeron but it gets reset and changed to Android every time

Edit: After turning on override optimized settings, it still took a couple more cycles of changing the settings and starting and stopping the addon for the new settings to stick

Edit 2: Now I see that my channel rules are getting overwritten. I had "only play watched items" at as the first rule for each channel. But those got overwritten with the "channel name". I'm beyond frustrated and give up. Every few days a new update breaks things and I have to spend a bunch of time trying to figure out and fix. Maybe I'll come back if/when there is a stable release
  • 692(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45