• 82(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I have no problem with it.
No problem for me.
No problem here.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
Go for it
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I too am a fan of GA but wonder how the data would really be of use to you. I think you can just as easily find the data you're looking for by asking in the forums.
i have a feature request - a slider in settings that you can set to disable fast forward/rewind. i have my dad's,kids,wifes ptvl set up with just live strms, but they constantly try to fast forward then i have to fix it lol. huge pain in the ass when my dad does it and i have to drive up to his house lol.
not sure if this is possible just a thought. and for GA i hate it in other dev's addon's but that is because i don't trust them from past experience. but i would not care if you did it luna cause i know you are doing it to make xbmc better. where as they do it to make money and it results in xbmc experience being worse.
(2013-11-21, 14:07)Guile Wrote: I too am a fan of GA but wonder how the data would really be of use to you. I think you can just as easily find the data you're looking for by asking in the forums.

I would normally agree but just count the users who post... Only a hand few...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-11-21, 17:54)scilz Wrote: i have a feature request - a slider in settings that you can set to disable fast forward/rewind. i have my dad's,kids,wifes ptvl set up with just live strms, but they constantly try to fast forward then i have to fix it lol. huge pain in the ass when my dad does it and i have to drive up to his house lol.
not sure if this is possible just a thought. and for GA i hate it in other dev's addon's but that is because i don't trust them from past experience. but i would not care if you did it luna cause i know you are doing it to make xbmc better. where as they do it to make money and it results in xbmc experience being worse.

As for disabling ff option I will look into it...

Thanks for the trust. I want complete transparency on what GA info is tracked. I'm not looking to make money selling data or ads. Just want to know how many users, what chtype, and what skin is being used. All this info can help me focus improvements.
hey guys
i have a question:
if i set my channel refresh for daily, i can go in the evening and i will have to wait a good 5-15 minutes till all of my channels are populated.

i asked this before but cant recall if you answered it, it would be cool to have a background channel rebuild/refresh.
something to schedule for 3am and never have to see the "channel 18 added"

that way i will have all my channels always ready to go.
i saw it refreshed in the middle of the day but i couldnt do anything with xbmc till the refresh was done (since it did the refresh in a window on top of everything else - if you know what i ment)

thanks
(2013-11-21, 21:30)EZ1976 Wrote: hey guys
i have a question:
if i set my channel refresh for daily, i can go in the evening and i will have to wait a good 5-15 minutes till all of my channels are populated.

i asked this before but cant recall if you answered it, it would be cool to have a background channel rebuild/refresh.
something to schedule for 3am and never have to see the "channel 18 added"

that way i will have all my channels always ready to go.
i saw it refreshed in the middle of the day but i couldnt do anything with xbmc till the refresh was done (since it did the refresh in a window on top of everything else - if you know what i ment)

thanks

I think u might be over using the refresh option.. .

Chtype 8 rebuilds daily.... Non configurable.

All others by default build automatically, which means when the playlist is at the end.

Rebuilding chtype 9-11 should be weekly depending on how often you watch and the limit you set.

In many cases rebuilding the above type daily would just regenerate the same playlist you had prior to rebuild.

All other types depended on how often new content is added. A channel setup for newly available shows should be set for daily reset.

basically you should be setting rebuild per channel not in general.
(2013-11-21, 17:54)scilz Wrote: huge pain in the ass when my dad does it and i have to drive up to his house lol.

Need to setup remote access into his system if possible. I use Windows 7 so I have access to my home system when at work and bored and want to make changes to it from here.
(2013-11-21, 23:22)mzup Wrote:
(2013-11-21, 17:54)scilz Wrote: huge pain in the ass when my dad does it and i have to drive up to his house lol.

Need to setup remote access into his system if possible. I use Windows 7 so I have access to my home system when at work and bored and want to make changes to it from here.

Yeah, or setup eventghost and a killswitch on your remote...

I have my exit button mapped to a long press command to kill xbmc.exe and I have a EG task to always start xbmc.exe if xbmc.exe closes...

So this way my HTPC always has xbmc running and if it doesn't fully crash you can kill it with a long press of the exit button.
good ideas but my new pc is crap not sure how slow remote access would be using it lol. and my dad uses a keyboard he is already highly confused bout all the buttons for xbmc i don't want to add another. he will eventually learn not to fast forward in ptvl.i just thought i would throw the idea out there for disabling ff and rewind but if it's a no go no big deal ptvl is already by far the best thing i have ever found Smile
Finally fixed EPG not opening after autotuning... such a pain to track down problem...

Thanks for the feedback about GA, I'm going to add it (down the road...) and will include opt-out switch.
Feature is really needed when this program is almost at final build... Since thats when feature tweaking will probably be needed, and info from GA will help me narrow down what needs to be fixed first.
I should be sleeping!! but while laying in bed I had an idea for testing streams before PTVL builds a channel... and so far my test code looks very promising... Soon PTVL will filter bad strms on its own without crashing it.

UPDATE::
Already tested and working great!!

can someone make a list of sources that are often used with chtype 9?
I just added rtmp error handling, http should be easy... am I missing any others?

Also need to mention only draw back to error handling is that chtype 9 needs to rebuild on every load... but this method seems to be pretty quick... so I don't see any issues with speed.

UPDATE::
Just added RTMP error handling to all XBMC platforms, going to bed Smile
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45