• 9(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-07-21, 01:23)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-07-21, 01:00)falconae Wrote: Great work on this add in! I've got it almost fully functional with a couple of minor issues.
1) I used the settings2.xml file linked on the front page which worked great, but I cannot get the schedule to update, it just lists the channel names in all the timeslots.
2) In your setup instructions/recommendations it is stated to update the advancedsettings.xml I am unable to locate this on my machine, running win 7 pro.

thanks!

1) That's how it works, Channel names for InternetTV, TV Listings for LiveTV
If you want TV Listings you will need to setup XMLTV and change channel type from 9 to 8, follow instructions in posts

2) If you don't have one, just create one in the same location you find your guisettings.xml. Use notepad copy/paste code and save as advancedsettings.xml. Then reboot XBMC...

Thanks got the advanced settings sorted, the XMLTV is still over my head though got a lot more reading to do. Only been using xbmc for about 8 hours now.
(2013-07-21, 03:29)XvMMvX Wrote: Lunatixz,

Having a problem once I switch over to PsuedoLive on my test box. Went a head and wanted to start fresh. The add-on works great; however, I cannot get my live TV channel to load. It will not pick up the channel at all. Below is a shot of my last log and settings2.

Quote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3yskw7r3zvsplh/xbmc.log

Thanks!

Did you setup xmltv.xml in settings? did you enable livetv? is your xmltv file on a network share?
let me know...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Quote:Did you setup xmltv.xml in settings? did you enable livetv? is your xmltv file on a network share?
let me know...

Figured out what the deal was, my XMLTV location was off and I didn't realize it. However, I am still experiencing the same issue with the EPG on live channels. When you first load Psuedo with a live channel it takes what ever is currently airing and sets it to start now instead of placing it in the correct time block. Take a look at channel 16 in my screen shot below, "Cold Case" should have started at 11:35 and should be ending at 12:35. Instead it sets it to start like all my other channels that are generated from my content.

Maybe I can set Live TV channels to "resume" instead of "real time" or something?

Epg fix, pushed to git
(2013-07-20, 18:02)Lunatixz Wrote: 1 - this isn't possible pseudotv doesn't handle playback xbmc does... I'm looking into a way to verify url on startup. Its always been recommended that you use sources that always work same goes for strms.

2 - this feature is already available "LiveTV" just use a internet source, find its timezone...then add to a xmltv grabber.

1 - Be cool if you can find a way to verify and then make the guide exclude any channels with broken streams. Totally understand that the ideal scenario has always working streams, but it would be a very handy addition.

2 - Duh... Can't believe I didn't think of that. Works a treat. Really loving this fork.
@Lunatixz

I am at a total loss as to why PsuedoTV Live loads my EPG this way. It treats the EPG like there are media files attached. This is a fresh reset with your latest fix. The first screen shot is how everything loads when there are no live TV channels setup. It starts each channel at the beginning of show at the current time. Then when you add live TV is takes the show that is currently airing and places it "starting" at the time of first loading the EPG (Causing huge sync issues). I guess a work around would be to load each channel at a time when a program is starting, which wouldn't really be a feasible way of loading things.

There seems to be an issue with the way Psuedo treats the EPG, it should just treat it like an NFO file and fill the data. It however, treats it like there are actually media files. Wish I knew more about the code to investigate. What am I missing here?

(2013-07-21, 17:08)XvMMvX Wrote: @Lunatixz

I am at a total loss as to why PsuedoTV Live loads my EPG this way. It treats the EPG like there are media files attached. This is a fresh reset with your latest fix. The first screen shot is how everything loads when there are no live TV channels setup. It starts each channel at the beginning of show at the current time. Then when you add live TV is takes the show that is currently airing and places it "starting" at the time of first loading the EPG (Causing huge sync issues). I guess a work around would be to load each channel at a time when a program is starting, which wouldn't really be a feasible way of loading things.

There seems to be an issue with the way Psuedo treats the EPG, it should just treat it like an NFO file and fill the data. It however, treats it like there are actually media files. Wish I knew more about the code to investigate. What am I missing here?

I didn't have time to test last nights update, but I can tell you that b4 that update their was no sync issue except for minor straying once in awhile.
Don't play around with channel rules for livetv and internettv has to be left as real time...

(2013-07-21, 15:55)Daavid Wrote:
(2013-07-20, 18:02)Lunatixz Wrote: 1 - this isn't possible pseudotv doesn't handle playback xbmc does... I'm looking into a way to verify url on startup. Its always been recommended that you use sources that always work same goes for strms.

2 - this feature is already available "LiveTV" just use a internet source, find its timezone...then add to a xmltv grabber.

1 - Be cool if you can find a way to verify and then make the guide exclude any channels with broken streams. Totally understand that the ideal scenario has always working streams, but it would be a very handy addition.

2 - Duh... Can't believe I didn't think of that. Works a treat. Really loving this fork.

Yeah only problem I'm having is that on startup it takes way to long to verify all of those address.... Might add a service to handle checking by final build.
(2013-07-21, 17:08)XvMMvX Wrote: @Lunatixz

I think you might just be expecting more then is possible... Let me explain. This mod is built on the already existing PseudoTV Framwork...
So naturally its governed by the rules set in the original code (not going to start from scratch and completely rewrite everything).

That being said EPG information is nothing more then a visual representation of a m3u playlist; A playlist that is created by PseudoTV.
So the LiveTV Mod parses the available XMLTV file and determans three things:

Was it on --- Is it on now --- Will it be on later

Now since LiveTV Can't play old shows, it ignores everything older then (now).
Takes whats on now and figures out if your tuning in late and corrects start time to account for your late tune in.
Then it populates future shows with the start and end time of the show.

Now since LiveTV Channels always reset and start at the top of the list on every load (to help keep it in sync).
On first launch it will always show the first shows start time as (now) and end time...
anything before (now) in the epg is garbage...
everything after (now) should be correct...

Hope this helps...
Speaking of channel rules, I just downloaded your realease and I can't seem to access the advanced rules. Once I click on Advanced Channel Rules I get the list but can't create one.
(2013-07-21, 22:28)virgahyatt Wrote: Speaking of channel rules, I just downloaded your realease and I can't seem to access the advanced rules. Once I click on Advanced Channel Rules I get the list but can't create one.

For which channel types?... Posts states, LiveTV and InternetTV does not currently feature in manager setup yet...
I have tried with standard local channel after letting it auto-generate (TV Network). Also tried it with a custom playlist with local content. I can get it to say Rule 1 Configuration but no rules.

Running Frodo 12.2 on Windows 7 64 bit. The content is accessed over SMB.
(2013-07-21, 22:56)virgahyatt Wrote: I have tried with standard local channel after letting it auto-generate (TV Network). Also tried it with a custom playlist with local content. I can get it to say Rule 1 Configuration but no rules.

Running Frodo 12.2 on Windows 7 64 bit. The content is accessed over SMB.

Works fine... just checked it myself... disable any gui advanced settings you might have enabled... info in troubleshooting!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n52c520o48h7om...hot000.png

(2013-07-21, 09:01)Lunatixz Wrote: Epg fix, pushed to git

Going back to old epg logic, causes less sync issues...
This is a fresh install of xbmc. no advanced settings yet. Created it to add your suggested libcurl settings. Here is what I see:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzw0c1669kdq9u...20type.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lj630lqqztumnc/rules1.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oiz7na12r74gjgg/rules2.jpg

Also if it's any help here is my log file after attempting to access it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmegxjymlhqu1mn/xbmc.log

I tried completely uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling a fresh downloaded version but still got the same response.
(2013-07-22, 00:41)virgahyatt Wrote: This is a fresh install of xbmc. no advanced settings yet. Created it to add your suggested libcurl settings. Here is what I see:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzw0c1669kdq9u...20type.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lj630lqqztumnc/rules1.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oiz7na12r74gjgg/rules2.jpg

Also if it's any help here is my log file after attempting to access it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmegxjymlhqu1mn/xbmc.log

I tried completely uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling a fresh downloaded version but still got the same response.

I also have the same issue on a fresh install and reformat to windows 7. Not really a problem for me, but I also can't edit rules.
if you cant see the advanced rules it's most likely the xbmc skin u have most skins the rules dont show because the font and background are the same color try some other skins for channel setup
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45