• 11(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
uninstalled and removed any package data. Then downloaded the latest version from git and reinstalled. no change. If I move my settings 2 from psuedo tv any rules I created are listed but I can't make changes. Or at least see to make changes. can't be sure.
Rules not showing up fixed in latest git
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Tested and it works!!! Thanks so much Lunatixz!!
Got this post through an other topic. The addon is almost perfect, except for 1 thing in my case.

I would have rather seen this addon use the XBMC live tv option. Now I can not activate Live TV from XBMC. :-( Would have been great if the addon would have used the XBMC live tv option and EPG. But then it had to be an PVR Addon instead of a program addon.

None the less, nice job you did! This is the best addon I've seen so far that can work with .strm files and an EPG!
Quote:not currently, and I really don't believe this is causing the syncing issue... if you try and load future shows it will lose sync, but left alone it stays in sync (at least on my end).
The main problem with epg syncing has to do with how ptv deals with channel changes or stops...since this is LiveTV there is nothing to stop... no last position...

Remember to run in realtime, and if you start to lose sync restart and it should resync.

I'm trying to track down the bugs with syncing, on my system its manageable. maybe loses sync by 10-15mins after six hours of viewing...

Maybe I just don't know what I am doing wrong then. If I exit PTV on a non-live TV channel, load a fresh start exactly the moment a program is starting on that channel then it will be in sync. Then if I select and load my live TV channel it then will shift the EPG to start the show (even it it is the current show in where the time bar is) to starting at the current time (show starts at 7, I have to load at 7). This throws the whole thing off, when I reload PTV it will resume from this time... until, I select and load the live TV channel. It keeps doing this.
(2013-07-22, 22:32)XvMMvX Wrote:
Quote:not currently, and I really don't believe this is causing the syncing issue... if you try and load future shows it will lose sync, but left alone it stays in sync (at least on my end).
The main problem with epg syncing has to do with how ptv deals with channel changes or stops...since this is LiveTV there is nothing to stop... no last position...

Remember to run in realtime, and if you start to lose sync restart and it should resync.

I'm trying to track down the bugs with syncing, on my system its manageable. maybe loses sync by 10-15mins after six hours of viewing...

Maybe I just don't know what I am doing wrong then. If I exit PTV on a non-live TV channel, load a fresh start exactly the moment a program is starting on that channel then it will be in sync. Then if I select and load my live TV channel it then will shift the EPG to start the show (even it it is the current show in where the time bar is) to starting at the current time (show starts at 7, I have to load at 7). This throws the whole thing off, when I reload PTV it will resume from this time... until, I select and load the live TV channel. It keeps doing this.

I'm looking into it... EPG has some bugs...
Has anyone been able to get the channel sharing to work proper? The channels all load up on both machines, and the channels are the same (synced), but there are different shows playing at the same times on either machine. Could someone point me in the right direction?

By the way Lunatixz, thanks so much for this. It is what I have been waiting for! It works wonderfully.
(2013-07-23, 03:18)peppy6582 Wrote: Has anyone been able to get the channel sharing to work proper? The channels all load up on both machines, and the channels are the same (synced), but there are different shows playing at the same times on either machine. Could someone point me in the right direction?

By the way Lunatixz, thanks so much for this. It is what I have been waiting for! It works wonderfully.

I use channel sharing... without any noticeable problems. Shows are within ten mins or so to each other...

To clarify channel sharing setup, on your secondary machine enable channel sharing, map to userdata\script.pseudotv.live\ on your master machine... that's it Smile
(2013-07-18, 19:02)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-07-18, 18:27)bry- Wrote:
(2013-07-18, 17:21)alienhead95 Wrote: Thanks for adding screenshots, looks really nice.
shiiiiiiiet! Did not see that those were posted! Thanks for pointing that out!

Question - do you know if we can apply these different skins to the new fork?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157452

Read post 2 Tongue

BTW I'm spending most of my day at work remoting to my desktop trying to finalize some stuff for a midnight release Wink

I just now installed and got the provided settings2.xml working and its sweet, thank you for this. I wanted to test to see if I could change the sking and was not able to figure this out. I checked the path and instructions for replacing a default folder that I cannot seem to locate. any ideas?
skin folder is in your xbmc addons folder, (portable_data/addons or appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons) script.pseudotv.live/resources/skins
(2013-07-23, 20:11)Lunatixz Wrote: skin folder is in your xbmc addons folder, (portable_data/addons or appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons) script.pseudotv.live/resources/skins

C:\Users\%usernam%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\skins

got it! thank you
i have figured out how to get veetle channels to play in ptv live without the plugin. but they start paused and u have to push space bar to start them anyone have any idea's how to make it start not paused?
Can this script work side-by-side with stock PseudoTV? Or is there really no need?
I just don't to screw up my working setup testing this out.
So this is really starting to frustrate me.

I've reinstalled like 10 times now and spent a good 12 hours today on this and finally got everything working perfectly, all live channels and local media working great. Decided to update to the latest version that was updated 3 hours ago, now for some reason I'm having the same problem I was earlier... This time my ABC channel wont load. It will either load correctly, load the previously played live channel, or not load at all by buffering and saying unplayable media.

I tried re-installing every single older version of PTVL on the git to fix it, but I can't get the channels to work right again no matter which version I try now......

Also, I know it sounds like the settings2 is either messed up or the hdhomerun stream is not working. But I've verified both 1000 times... The settings2 has the correct xmltv channels info and the correct EPG info shows up for the channel regardless if the channel loads or bugs out. As for the hdhomerun stream, I verified that the stream still works and plays flawlessly outside of PTVL, and that the correct stream is in the settings2 for each channel. I've done that last part so many times it's not even funny. To top that off, when everything was working 100% perfectly, I backed up the settings2 file and deleted it. Restarted the computer and pasted the backup, everything worked, so it can't be the settings2 file. I had it all working flawlessly until I pasted the files that were updated 3 hours ago, then ABC quit loading...

I did notice that if I changed the xmltv link for ABC to a different channels xmltv, then the channel would work, but show the wrong EPG info (obviously since not correct xmltv). But if I use the right channels XMLTV then the EPG loads all the correct info, but the ABC channel won't load... I had the same exact problem the day before with FOX and other channels, it seems to be randomly effecting channels. I did try schedules direct instead of the default but it then made other channels experience this issue.

Here is my log showing channel 3 (ABC) not loading for some reason: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dkm719...t/xbmc.log

Could it be this?

21:57:42 T:2824 DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers(hdhomerun://103BD3DB-1/tuner1?channel)

with the italic being incorrect, even though the right stream link is in the settings2.xml??

Here are my settings2.xml: http://www.mediafire.com/download/e8q324...tings2.xml

Thanks!
(2013-07-24, 05:03)blobdole Wrote: So this is really starting to frustrate me.

I've reinstalled like 10 times now and spent a good 12 hours today on this and finally got everything working perfectly, all live channels and local media working great. Decided to update to the latest version that was updated 3 hours ago, now for some reason I'm having the same problem I was earlier... This time my ABC channel wont load. It will either load correctly, load the previously played live channel, or not load at all by buffering and saying unplayable media.

I tried re-installing every single older version of PTVL on the git to fix it, but I can't get the channels to work right again no matter which version I try now......

Also, I know it sounds like the settings2 is either messed up or the hdhomerun stream is not working. But I've verified both 1000 times... The settings2 has the correct xmltv channels info and the correct EPG info shows up for the channel regardless if the channel loads or bugs out. As for the hdhomerun stream, I verified that the stream still works and plays flawlessly outside of PTVL, and that the correct stream is in the settings2 for each channel. I've done that last part so many times it's not even funny. To top that off, when everything was working 100% perfectly, I backed up the settings2 file and deleted it. Restarted the computer and pasted the backup, everything worked, so it can't be the settings2 file. I had it all working flawlessly until I pasted the files that were updated 3 hours ago, then ABC quit loading...

I did notice that if I changed the xmltv link for ABC to a different channels xmltv, then the channel would work, but show the wrong EPG info (obviously since not correct xmltv). But if I use the right channels XMLTV then the EPG loads all the correct info, but the ABC channel won't load... I had the same exact problem the day before with FOX and other channels, it seems to be randomly effecting channels. I did try schedules direct instead of the default but it then made other channels experience this issue.

Here is my log showing channel 3 (ABC) not loading for some reason: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dkm719...t/xbmc.log

Could it be this?

21:57:42 T:2824 DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers(hdhomerun://103BD3DB-1/tuner1?channel)

with the italic being incorrect, even though the right stream link is in the settings2.xml??

Here are my settings2.xml: http://www.mediafire.com/download/e8q324...tings2.xml

Thanks!

Everytime you have a problem with PTVL...

rename your settings2.xml to settings2.xml.old
delete cache folder
go into PTVL settings click default
then run PTVL... if it works, then problem is with your links or your settings2 syntax...
if PTVL doesn't load, its something wrong with PTVL

BTW your logs only problem is it shows your m3u's have no data...are you changing channel configurations a lot?
if you are you should delete your cache folder before each major (major being changing what was a livetv channel to local or vice versa) change.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45