• 13(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-07-26, 06:07)j2048b Wrote: Ok i am a newbee and probably have the dumbest q ever but here it goes:

In order to run ptv, do i need a pvr set up or even a tuner card for that matter?

Or can i use my installed addons as channels from the ones that have live streaming tv channels? And program ptv to see and set up those channels from my addons as the tv channels?

Im a total new guy to the love tv stuff, so please bare with me... I hope ive made sense?

You don't need a tuner or PVR setup...
But u do need xmltv setup if you want detailed EPG info.

Otherwise yes you could use plugins with streams as your channel.

Try reading first three posts to give you a better idea on setup.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
0k ive read and re read the first three posts,

i hit enter and the epg screen pops up, but with the settingsxml2 item i got from scilz, is it supposed to show a bunch more channels? i put the settingsxml into the appropriate folder i believe? but its not showing anything other than the channels such as vevo, and sky news along w animation, im confused on how id set say all of the live tv feeds from mashups add on or even navi x feeds? im a total newbee so im sorry w all the questions im just not good w wrighting xml or strm files....

awaiting response as id love to set this up on my mac as well as both openelec systems on my atv1's...

and in the configuration settings im not sure im pointing the program to the settings2, as i cant see it when i look for it in the folder i dropped it in?
alrighty how do i get a log so i can post it because now that tv live is scanning scilz settings file i got, it scans, shows it scanning, then says update complet, and shuts down my xbmc!!
lol you should probaly uninstall ptvl and delete both folders it makes then re-download it and ill help u with the settings2 if it did not ask you to overwrite when you dropped the settings2 then you put it in the wrong folder ptvl makes 2 folders that i know of in windows 7 C:\Users\scilz\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master

C:\Users\scilz\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv.live
the second one is where you put the settings2 at
btw you need to change scilz to whatever your pc name is

(2013-07-26, 21:42)scilz Wrote: lol you should probaly uninstall ptvl and delete both folders it makes then re-download it and ill help u with the settings2 if it did not ask you to overwrite when you dropped the settings2 then you put it in the wrong folder ptvl makes 2 folders that i know of in windows 7 C:\Users\scilz\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master

C:\Users\scilz\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv.live
the second one is where you put the settings2 at

i run a mac, but i looked in the userdata place and placed the settings file in there, a pop up said one already exists and asked if i wanted to replace it... which it did, yeah its odd, and i can only find

but i will uninstall and have u help me if u can on a mac?
i have never used a mac if your putting settings2 in the right place it should work tho
ok cool thanks man, not sure why its shutting down after it sets up the channels then?

is there a setting in the configuration that may slow it all down, so it loads slower perhaps, and gives it time to load the channels and not create an issue perhaps?
yeah still not working... hmmm damn macs! i need this to work for openelec and my mac for the kids and wife... hahahaha man alive!!
Lunatixz -

it seems that PTVLive doesn't support PgUp/PgDn in the epg? is that by design?
(2013-07-26, 23:23)hellohello Wrote: Lunatixz -

it seems that PTVLive doesn't support PgUp/PgDn in the epg? is that by design?

Yes PseudoTV has never supported page up or down, maybe that will be something that is added for final build...
ok, I was just wondering. I dint know if there would be a release with lesser possible errors released. Im usually scared of downloading beta versions.
(2013-07-27, 03:25)toki5 Wrote: ok, I was just wondering. I dint know if there would be a release with lesser possible errors released. Im usually scared of downloading beta versions.

I understand, I try not to release anything unstable... But with different systems... Anything is possible. Almost all problems reported so far have been user error.
(2013-07-26, 23:17)j2048b Wrote: yeah still not working... hmmm damn macs! i need this to work for openelec and my mac for the kids and wife... hahahaha man alive!!

I installed it on openelec with no problems. For the mac why don't post your xbmc log at least. I'm not sure where the PTVL logs would be if any. But XBMC first go to settings -> system -> debug and turn debugging on. Then recreate the issue. The log is at: ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata or Users/<yourusername>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata. FYI the user library after 10.6 is hidden. Either option click the go menu or the Go To Folder... option (shift-command-g) and put in the address.
(2013-07-27, 03:57)virgahyatt Wrote:
(2013-07-26, 23:17)j2048b Wrote: yeah still not working... hmmm damn macs! i need this to work for openelec and my mac for the kids and wife... hahahaha man alive!!

I installed it on openelec with no problems. For the mac why don't post your xbmc log at least. I'm not sure where the PTVL logs would be if any. But XBMC first go to settings -> system -> debug and turn debugging on. Then recreate the issue. The log is at: ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata or Users/<yourusername>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata. FYI the user library after 10.6 is hidden. Either option click the go menu or the Go To Folder... option (shift-command-g) and put in the address.

thanks man if i get a chance tonight i will, i have openelec running but not w ptvl, im trying the mac first and then i was gonna see how it went w openelec,

if i get a chance ill post it sometime tonight or tomorrow.

thanks appreciate the help as well as from scilz as well!
how do u post a log mine seems to be freaking long and i also show a hubwizard log as well

duh newbee brain pastebin!!
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45