• 19(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-08-01, 01:55)Lunatixz Wrote: You can chose whatever folder you want in PTVL settings. R u using the default skin? Did you enable icon option? Did u read my first three posts?

Icons work and do not require channel rules to make it work.

I am using the default skin, I did enable the icon option and I did read the first 3 posts (many times).

I started tinkering after starting this reply, and moved all channel logos to the default location and they now work. Thought it was odd, but F it, it works. Thanks again for your help.
(2013-08-01, 06:08)henbone11 Wrote:
(2013-08-01, 01:55)Lunatixz Wrote: You can chose whatever folder you want in PTVL settings. R u using the default skin? Did you enable icon option? Did u read my first three posts?

Icons work and do not require channel rules to make it work.

I am using the default skin, I did enable the icon option and I did read the first 3 posts (many times).

I started tinkering after starting this reply, and moved all channel logos to the default location and they now work. Thought it was odd, but F it, it works. Thanks again for your help.

Glad u got it working... But u should be able to use any folder you want.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Yeah, with the old non-live version, I could add any folder anywhere and it worked. Not sure what the difference is, but this refused to show logos otherwise. I am curious though, do you know of a way to force logos to other channels aside from network/studio/genre? For example, directory based channels. Do you know if it's possible to force a channel to use a particular logo without having to create all new logos?
@ Lunatixz and others involved
Just wanna say thanks ALOT for this PTV fork im really impressed by ur work, everything works as expected and brings back memories of the TV Time addon that sadly stopped beeing developed a few years ago.

A few suggestions :
* Is it possible to cache the tvguide data for faster loading?
* Possibility to choose channel logo placement, right and left upper and bottom pr channel in the GUI?

Hope this addon will be further developed and maintained a long time, thanks for ur hard work.

To all that have problems please read the instructions, this addon works fine on all platforms, just search for an answer in the forums and have some patience before using the limited time of the developers.

Roy
(2013-08-01, 17:16)jcaa6479 Wrote: A few suggestions :
* Possibility to choose channel logo placement, right and left upper and bottom pr channel in the GUI?

Roy

Yes, But re-parsing the data on startup helps keep the EPG in sync...
XMLTV was shoehorned onto of the original PseudoTV Code...
So without completely rewriting the EPG I'm forced to play by it's rules.

If you limit your XMLTV Data startup should be relatively fast, My PTVL loads 13 Live TV channels in about 2-3 seconds...

As for logo position, there are no plans to add user input on location. You can easily edit script.pseudotv.live.TVOverlay.xml and change it's location using notepad++.
(2013-08-01, 17:57)Lunatixz Wrote:

Roy

If you limit your XMLTV Data startup should be relatively fast, My PTVL loads 13 Live TV channels in about 2-3 seconds...

As for logo position, there are no plans to add user input on location. You can easily edit script.pseudotv.live.TVOverlay.xml and change it's location using notepad++.

I know about editing the overlay file, just my few cents was to add cannelbug1 2 3 4 to it as i did myself and add it to the GUI
I testet with the limiting the data startup and its much better with 19 live channels Smile

Thanks again and keep up the fantastic work Smile

Roy
(2013-08-01, 18:18)jcaa6479 Wrote:
(2013-08-01, 17:57)Lunatixz Wrote:

Roy

I know about editing the overlay file, just my few cents was to add cannelbug1 2 3 4 to it as i did myself and add it to the GUI

If you already added it, Share the work.. and I'll add it.. with credit for your contribution ...
(2013-08-01, 18:33)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-08-01, 18:18)jcaa6479 Wrote:
(2013-08-01, 17:57)Lunatixz Wrote: Yes, But re-parsing the data on startup helps keep the EPG in sync...

If you already added it, Share the work.. and I'll add it.. with credit for your contribution ...

Will do, cleaning up some code and hope to send it before ur final release Smile
Wondering if it may work for me now on my mac??

If i choose to try it, which one do u recommend i download? Stable,master, or the other one u have a link to?
(2013-08-01, 21:26)j2048b Wrote: Wondering if it may work for me now on my mac??

If i choose to try it, which one do u recommend i download? Stable,master, or the other one u have a link to?

Works like a charm on the mac's we have tested here with older and newer op systems, always use the latest master Smile
(2013-08-01, 23:30)jcaa6479 Wrote:
(2013-08-01, 21:26)j2048b Wrote: Wondering if it may work for me now on my mac??

Works like a charm on the mac's we have tested here with older and newer op systems, always use the latest master Smile

I have to ask how u got it to work? Everytime i would load scilz xml file it would show the channels lock and then say reading rule 1 and crash xbmc... If u could, we can talk thru pm to see if i can get this working as i just cut off dtv!!

Any help would be very appreciated as it just wont work on my systm under 10.6.8 or higher
ill give u the step by step that i do when installing ptvl and changing settings2 maybe this will help you
1. uninstall ptvl
2.manualy erase any folders left over by ptvl
3.install ptvl
4.go into ptvl settings then click ok and leave (important)
5.download from dropbox my settings2 do not copy or right click any of that. actually click on the link go to dropbox and then download
6.drag and drop new settings2 into folder that has old settings2 and click replace

btw if u dont follow that order it will probaly break somthing and crash
(2013-08-02, 04:26)scilz Wrote: ill give u the step by step that i do when installing ptvl and changing settings2 maybe this will help you
1. uninstall ptvl
3.install ptvl
5.download from dropbox my settings2 do not copy or right click any of that. actually click on the link go to dropbox and then download
6.drag and drop new settings2 into folder that has old settings2 and click replace

Thanks scilz ill try it exactly as u describe tonight and report back!!
(2013-08-02, 07:27)j2048b Wrote:
(2013-08-02, 04:26)scilz Wrote: ill give u the step by step that i do when installing ptvl and changing settings2 maybe this will help you
1. uninstall ptvl
3.install ptvl

Thanks scilz ill try it exactly as u describe tonight and report back!!

did as u suggested, clicked ptv, went to settings, clicked ok, closed down xbmc, went and replaced xml, went thru channels, got to the end, said reading rule 1, then... crashed...?
Been a while, been just dealing with a few issues. One of my installs is pretty stable, EPG is way off ie never accurate even after a PTVL restart, but I'm ok with that.

2nd install is a nightmare.

1. Crashes on its own all the time (XBMC) after running PTVL for long periods of time (I have auto off timer disabled)
2. PTVL EPG is off, same as first install
3. Sometimes when scrolling through a channel is not populated. The logo is there, but no shows are listed. TV Stream is still running but can't get out of EPG.
4. When scrolling through the EPG it'll lock up and stop responding to key presses. TV Stream is still running just fine but EPG is locked up and can't get out of it. If I could just close the EPG that'd be fine, but XBMC loses the ability or the PTVL script blocks the ability for XBMC to respond to any presses.

Anyone experience these issues? The key differentiating parameter: Wired/Wireless. The only thing I can think of without digging into the log (wife keeps seeing these issues and the logs are wiped after her button mashing and restarting) is that the PTV core isn't robust enough to handle delays, hiccups, etc due to the wireless. It goes to find an M3U listing, lags a bit, goes apeshit, button script goes haywire, and it can't recover.

Before I go modding again, curious if anyone's experienced this shit.

PS if you say wire my box, I'll stab you in the eye with a spork. K thnx. Utilities should be robust enough to handle errors in network transmission.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45