• 21(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-08-03, 04:42)bry- Wrote:
(2013-08-03, 02:41)Lunatixz Wrote: BTW sorry I can't really help, I'm busy adding Youtube channel option Wink

once this is ready - here are some chans you can test with Smile

http://www.reddit.com/r/fulltvshowsonyoutube

Thanks...
really torn on best approach to populate the channels...
I've been playing around with two options:

Using a parser courtesy of peppy6582 to create youtube strms and populate a channel off the physical strm's...
Or to directly write to m3u, only problem with that is if new media is added to youtube the channel has to completely rebuild the m3u, which is a little more time consuming
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-08-03, 02:41)Lunatixz Wrote: BTW sorry I can't really help, I'm busy adding Youtube channel option Wink

This is awesome, love what you are doing with this.
(2013-08-03, 05:20)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-08-03, 04:42)bry- Wrote:

once this is ready - here are some chans you can test with Smile

http://www.reddit.com/r/fulltvshowsonyoutube

Thanks...
really torn on best approach to populate the channels...
I've been playing around with two options:

Using a parser courtesy of peppy6582 to create youtube strms and populate a channel off the physical strm's...
Or to directly write to m3u, only problem with that is if new media is added to youtube the channel has to completely rebuild the m3u, which is a little more time consuming

Is there any obvious draw backs to using the physical strms?
If a user had a particularly active youtube channel in their selection it could seems like PTVL is a 'problem' for them if it always seems to be rebuilding the m3u. I understand that would really be a user problem, but it could still seem frustrating to them. If the physical strms avoids that without any obvious drawback I reckon it would be the preferable option.
Got a really dirty log other wise I'd post it, but, found one issue:

Error Contents: 'TVOverlay' object has no attribute 'sleepTimer'

Not sure what that is, but soon after in my log:

10:11:15 T:3924 ERROR: XBPyThread:Confusedtop - script C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv/pseudotv.py didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
10:11:15 T:1588 WARNING: The python script "C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv/pseudotv.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: WindowXMLDialog,WindowXMLDialog,DialogProgress,ControlImage,Player,ControlImage,ControlImage,ControlImage,File

That's when I no longer have remote control of my XBMC. The only option is to open the shutdown menu and close gracefully or do an all out force close.

Is that a bug because I have my sleepTimer disabled? It will take me hours to debug if I have to set a sleep timer, if you get a chance let me know. For now I'll put one in to see if that issue just goes away.. but it could be days before it exhibits itself again.

As for my 2nd install that runs like trash, may be a driver issue. Latest crash log points to an error in DXVA. Going to see if I have the latest catalyst installed and go from there.
(2013-08-03, 18:57)blazin912 Wrote: Got a really dirty log other wise I'd post it, but, found one issue:

Error Contents: 'TVOverlay' object has no attribute 'sleepTimer'

Not sure what that is, but soon after in my log:

10:11:15 T:3924 ERROR: XBPyThread:Confusedtop - script C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv/pseudotv.py didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
10:11:15 T:1588 WARNING: The python script "C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv/pseudotv.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: WindowXMLDialog,WindowXMLDialog,DialogProgress,ControlImage,Player,ControlImage,ControlImage,ControlImage,File

That's when I no longer have remote control of my XBMC. The only option is to open the shutdown menu and close gracefully or do an all out force close.

Is that a bug because I have my sleepTimer disabled? It will take me hours to debug if I have to set a sleep timer, if you get a chance let me know. For now I'll put one in to see if that issue just goes away.. but it could be days before it exhibits itself again.

As for my 2nd install that runs like trash, may be a driver issue. Latest crash log points to an error in DXVA. Going to see if I have the latest catalyst installed and go from there.

I never touched anything remotely close to the code that handles sleeptimer... I'm only working on LiveTV and InternetTV Channels... this must be a bug in the original PTV code, which until i'm finished with my mods won't be fixed...

I also have sleep timer disabled, and never ran into this problem...
I know I will sound like an idiot... what is the difference between this and normal pseudotv? I cant really tell from reading the description the difference.
this one has alot of stuff added if you read the 1st 3 post you can get a good idea of what. plus he is working on more stuff ..new skin,you can add internet channels easily,you can add home run channels 2 spots for logo so if you want diferent one in the guide then on screen. there is alot more stuff but im tired of typing
Does anyone have a working settings2.xml with channel type=8? I just need to compare, cause I can't get mine to work.
Thanks in advance.
Click on the + sign below If I have helped you
alienhead95 - I don't have any at the moment, but I did at one point test them and they work fine. Have you done the XMLTV part?
Thanks Daavid. Yes, I have done the XMLTV part and it works I can confirm, because the EPG data is displayed correctly. It's just that ptvl doesn't even try to play that stream. it just does a seel on the current channel Sad
(2013-08-05, 16:29)Daavid Wrote: alienhead95 - I don't have any at the moment, but I did at one point test them and they work fine. Have you done the XMLTV part?
@Lunatixz So, I found an answer to my a few days of research/ head scratching /frustration. Believe it or not, it was simple. So simple that i feel stupid now that i know what it was.
To not make syntax errors, i had copied the xml code from your second post. Unfortunately there is a copy paste error in that code.
Notice line no.2 is <setting id="Channel_1_1 instead of <setting id="Channel_1_2.
Yes, that fixed it Big Grin
(2013-08-03, 02:41)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-08-03, 01:56)alienhead95 Wrote: The value should be 9 if you don't have EPG data. I have EPG data for that stream, hence channel value=8.
Thanks for helping.
(2013-08-03, 01:50)henbone11 Wrote: @alienhead95

<setting id="Channel_15_type" value="8" />

Shouldn't that be value=9?

9 = InternetTV feed meant for 24/7 type steams
Channel_#_type" value="9"

Just guessing.

Yup, 8 is correct... Did you try deleting your cache?
Because I don't see why if the feed works that it wouldn't load...

BTW sorry I can't really help, I'm busy adding Youtube channel option Wink

If someone wants to help... I just noticed that In program channel rules when highlighted hides the value...
don't have time to track it down... could be a png, or font color... anyone up for it?
(2013-08-05, 19:36)alienhead95 Wrote: @Lunatixz So, I found an answer to my a few days of research/ head scratching /frustration. Believe it or not, it was simple. So simple that i feel stupid now that i know what it was.
To not make syntax errors, i had copied the xml code from your second post. Unfortunately there is a copy paste error in that code.
Notice line no.2 is <setting id="Channel_1_1 instead of <setting id="Channel_1_2.
Yes, that fixed it Big Grin
(2013-08-03, 02:41)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-08-03, 01:56)alienhead95 Wrote: The value should be 9 if you don't have EPG data. I have EPG data for that stream, hence channel value=8.
Thanks for helping.

Yup, 8 is correct... Did you try deleting your cache?
Because I don't see why if the feed works that it wouldn't load...

BTW sorry I can't really help, I'm busy adding Youtube channel option Wink

If someone wants to help... I just noticed that In program channel rules when highlighted hides the value...
don't have time to track it down... could be a png, or font color... anyone up for it?

This is a snippet taken from my settings that work...

Code:
<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="I60159.labs.zap2it.com" />
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="hdhomerun://1031E41D-1/tuner1?channel=qam256:399000000&program=2" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="NY1 Live" />
<setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_1_time" value="0" />

My example is correct...

Line1 = Type of channel
Line2 = Setting1 = XMLTV ID
Line3 = setting2 = Source
etc
etc

The repeat of _1 is just because it's channel 1 then setting 1
is this addon offer Epg Data??I have some iptv channels but Icannot get the epg data for them..
Youtube Channel added... its beta, so test it out... let me know if you have problems... if everything works well I will add ez in app configuration, but for now its manual configuration!!

REQUIRES XBMC YOUTUBE ADDON

Manual Configuration example for YoutubeTV:
Check out Post #2
i cant get best effort scheduling working anymore, it was working a few days ago on the version right before this one so today i switched versions and have the same issue. jasons psuedotv is working fine for now. ive tried copying over rules manually by xml and even making a bare bones config. anyone else with this issue? also the settings window for psuedotv live is acting very buggy, going into advanced config shows the wrong vaules until you set them back., i have tried uninstalling and deleting both folders.

edit, i have an identical settings2.xml in each folder (ptv and ptv live) and the best effort works fine in the original ptv but not the live.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45