• 27(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Hi, hopefully somebody can help me. I can't seem to get Hulu plus to work with pseudotv. Regular hulu .strms work but plus .strms won't load into psuedotv. The plus .strms work fine when trying to watch from the library. Any help = great!
(2013-08-12, 20:43)TorMenTPS Wrote: Hi, hopefully somebody can help me. I can't seem to get Hulu plus to work with pseudotv. Regular hulu .strms work but plus .strms won't load into psuedotv. The plus .strms work fine when trying to watch from the library. Any help = great!

Wrong thread, post your question here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160904
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Oh sorry. Will do.
Has anyone had any luck using LiveStreams plugin? I've tried the following and it seemed to loop for a bit, as if the LiveStream addon was trying to load the url but then kaput:

Code:
<setting id="Channel_923_type" value="9" />
    <setting id="Channel_923_1" value="5400" />
    <setting id="Channel_923_2" value="plugin://plugin.video.live.streams/?url=rtmp%3A%2F%2Fa.cdn.livenewschat.eu%2Fedge+playpath%3Dmsnbc_live+swfurl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fmsnbclive.eu%2Fgetswf.php%3Fname%3Dplayer.swf+pageUrl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fblog.livenewschat.tv%2FHLN+swfVfy%3Dtrue+live%3Dtrue+timeout%3D30+buffer%3D90000&amp;mode=12" />
    <setting id="Channel_923_3" value="MSNBC" />
    <setting id="Channel_923_4" value="American cable news, information, and political opinion channel " />
    <setting id="Channel_923_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_923_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="Channel_923_time" value="749" />
    <setting id="Channel_923_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_923_rule_1_opt_1" value="MSNBC" />
(2013-08-12, 22:52)hellohello Wrote: Has anyone had any luck using LiveStreams plugin? I've tried the following and it seemed to loop for a bit, as if the LiveStream addon was trying to load the url but then kaput:

Code:
    <setting id="Channel_923_2" value="plugin://plugin.video.live.streams/?url=rtmp%3A%2F%2Fa.cdn.livenewschat.eu%2Fedge+playpath%3Dmsnbc_live+swfurl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fmsnbclive.eu%2Fgetswf.php%3Fname%3Dplayer.swf+pageUrl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fblog.livenewschat.tv%2FHLN+swfVfy%3Dtrue+live%3Dtrue+timeout%3D30+buffer%3D90000&amp;mode=12" />
    <setting id="Channel_923_4" value="American cable news, information, and political opinion channel " />

I'm working on directly populating channels off "thestreamdb.xml" won't be available until I finish a few other things i'm working on...

BTW you need to clean up that plugin link... I'm guessing you got it from your favorites list? sometimes it's not a clean link... you need to remove the url encoding...
(2013-08-12, 22:56)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm working on directly populating channels off "thestreamdb.xml" won't be available until I finish a few other things i'm working on...

BTW you need to clean up that plugin link... I'm guessing you got it from your favorites list? sometimes it's not a clean link... you need to remove the url encoding...

yeah, you caught me (about the url encoding). I tried just the rtmp link (cleaned) and yes, it does work, but if your plan is to pull off of the streamdb.xml then that will be fantastic.

truly, this addon is becoming a god send.

one other quick question: you have in the first couple of posts, the hdhomerun autotuner option checked. does that mean it's currently functional or included in the final release for sure? if so, will it handle switching between tuners (i.e. hdhomerun dual has 2, the idea being if there is one xbmc device using one tuner, a second device can bounce to the 2nd)?
(2013-08-12, 23:33)hellohello Wrote:
(2013-08-12, 22:56)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm working on directly populating channels off "thestreamdb.xml" won't be available until I finish a few other things i'm working on...

yeah, you caught me (about the url encoding). I tried just the rtmp link (cleaned) and yes, it does work, but if your plan is to pull off of the streamdb.xml then that will be fantastic.

truly, this addon is becoming a god send.

one other quick question: you have in the first couple of posts, the hdhomerun autotuner option checked. does that mean it's currently functional or included in the final release for sure? if so, will it handle switching between tuners (i.e. hdhomerun dual has 2, the idea being if there is one xbmc device using one tuner, a second device can bounce to the 2nd)?

It functions when channel sharing... enable channel sharing... you will see an option for master/slave... if you have one ptvl instance as your "master" the other client should be setup with slave....
this allows you to use the same LiveTV configuration without having to change tuner...
I finally checked this out and it seems great...one question I see some of the old TvTime options integrated into PTV live and was wondering if the option for "music channels" means real actual audio music channels like TvTime used to have (similar to music choice on regular cable) or if music channels refers to music videos? I've been trying to incorporate a "music choice" style channel into my PTV set up forever and had given up on it ever happening...this has gotten my hopes up though! So am I reading this right? And if so is it a "coming soon" feature?
i think he plan's on a music channel (just audio) for final. there are a lot of strms for music video channels think i have bout 12 in my current settings
(2013-08-12, 22:56)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-08-12, 22:52)hellohello Wrote: Has anyone had any luck using LiveStreams plugin? I've tried the following and it seemed to loop for a bit, as if the LiveStream addon was trying to load the url but then kaput:

Code:

I'm working on directly populating channels off "thestreamdb.xml" won't be available until I finish a few other things i'm working on...

I just added automatic cleaning for encoded urls, I will push to git later

(2013-08-12, 23:51)ARYEZ Wrote: I finally checked this out and it seems great...one question I see some of the old TvTime options integrated into PTV live and was wondering if the option for "music channels" means real actual audio music channels like TvTime used to have (similar to music choice on regular cable) or if music channels refers to music videos? I've been trying to incorporate a "music choice" style channel into my PTV set up forever and had given up on it ever happening...this has gotten my hopes up though! So am I reading this right? And if so is it a "coming soon" feature?

Yes... "music" is audio music... channels by genre...
Auto Tuning is coming soon, option in master is not fully functioning, its for my testing...
unfortunately AutoTuning / BCTS / EZ Channel Configuration; in that order, are the last three things I will add before final... So it will be awhile...
Luna quick question, once everythib is set for final release will any of us need to do our own settings.xml's or have to take out channels that dont work? Or will it auto find channels that do not work and make them void?

Also if this is the case can we ask for certain channels to be added and someone keep up on a big settings.xml that is integrated?

Just a few q i had Smile
(2013-08-13, 00:40)j2048b Wrote: Luna quick question, once everythib is set for final release will any of us need to do our own settings.xml's or have to take out channels that dont work? Or will it auto find channels that do not work and make them void?

Also if this is the case can we ask for certain channels to be added and someone keep up on a big settings.xml that is integrated?

Just a few q i had Smile

In the final build, almost all manual configuration will be gone...
Problem always remains that urls are too long to type by hand on XBMC, and its always going to be easier to (copy/paste) add that info using notepad.

But configuration will be made easier since options for adding from:
XBMC's favorite list and possibly directly from installed plugins will be included.

as for "Auto tuning"

To take some of the mystery out of it!! It will build channels either from a clean settings2 (no channels) or it will fill the empty channels with whatever was selected.

TV by TV networks (abc, amc, etc)
Movies by Genre
Mixed TV/Movies by genre
Music by Genre

As for the new channel types:

LiveTV and InternetTV will build from a list similar to the structure of the settings2.xml... this will allow for easier file sharing without messing up channel numbers for each user.
Youtube and RSS will have a structure also similar to what it is now, but cleaned up to just provide simple info like: name of channel, channel type
Livestream will read "thestreamDB.xml" livestream files and populate everything on the list...

BCT's will be mixed into auto tuned channels only... not sure of specifics yet...

as far as maintenance... I've tested everything from url headers, socket requests, rtmpdump requests... there is no one url validating method that seems to work universally.
So I will just improve error handling in general to avoid crashes.
Wow man def awesome! Hopefully it will work for me once i get it on my mac as we saw before it just wouldnt and i and peppy as well believe it was due to channels not being active and thus crashing my xbmc!

U def need some compensation for all this work! Willdef get some!
Donate to this man as well as the xbmc foundation
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
you mentioned bct's being mixed into auto tuned channels, but what about those of us with an offline bumps and commercials folder? is there any current support or planned support, right now intergrating bumpers is a pain, i have 5 "genre" channels that best effort schedule from 10pm to 6 am so my adult swim has randomish blocks of programming, right now i have to interleave a bump channel through all 5 genre channels. then edit each best effort rule on the cartoon network channel to account for the number of bumps i interleave.

also a suggestion on error handling, create a permanent off air (color bars or snow) channel, and whenever an error occurs it goes to that channel instead of stopping the script, [dunno how exactly that would work, perhaps modify all "live" playlists to have the snow channel lined up after the live channel in the playlist for that channel]
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45