• 33(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I have to agree with hellohello. Those four are definitely what I am looking forward to. Or even if it would be possible to color code different channels types in the "EPG" in PTVL would be cool. TV channels one color, movie channels another, YT another... and so on.

Bumpers and commercials are ok I guess, but skipping commercials was a big reason for becoming a cord cutter.
(2013-08-20, 04:02)henbone11 Wrote: Bumpers and commercials are ok I guess, but skipping commercials was a big reason for becoming a cord cutter.

ya, most def on that note. trailers would be cool however, but they would have to be grabbed from the interwebs, not solely on current local content.
i have a idea/request for dead streams if you have a fox stream and it dies replace it with fox network from local library idk if this is possible but would be kool.
i mention this because i saw someone talking bout playing a channel not found video i thought this might be a better solution.
Or, just play the next stream.
(2013-08-20, 05:10)scilz Wrote: i have a idea/request for dead streams if you have a fox stream and it dies replace it with fox network from local library idk if this is possible but would be kool.
i mention this because i saw someone talking bout playing a channel not found video i thought this might be a better solution.

URL checker. So we know upfront that the stream is dead.
(2013-08-19, 21:05)Lunatixz Wrote: Out of curiosity out of all the upcoming features... what are you most looking forward too?
Click on the + sign below If I have helped you
This thread has been suspiciously quiet lately.
(2013-08-24, 14:33)henbone11 Wrote: This thread has been suspiciously quiet lately.

its the calm before the storm, i assume lunatixz is stability testing what we have before moving forward and/or taking a well deserved break.
(2013-08-24, 17:36)nerdmastax Wrote: its the calm before the storm, i assume lunatixz is stability testing what we have before moving forward and/or taking a well deserved break.

You are correct... on all counts.

I'm at a crossroads on how to proceed... so I'm taking a break while planning for the future and giving new users a chance to post bugs...

After all, I've caught several bugs during this break just using PTVL which no one ever reported...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
luna, i wanted to say thank u for this program again, im gonna have to try it on a windows computer to see if i can get it to work as it still crashes xbmc for me, BUT only when i use scilz settings2, but with ur 2 channel youtube settings, it works fine, im just not sure if maybe something is happening between the mac and xbmc? so i am gonna try windows today.... and see how it goes...
Well ive been holding off making a final settings2 config because you talked of changing it. So i just have a very basic config, and it works great... Once you change to the format you were talking about I can start gettin my elbows dirty.

edit: also if you arent gonna be doing this within the next two months lemme know so i can finalize the current config i have
(2013-08-24, 18:51)j2048b Wrote: luna, i wanted to say thank u for this program again, im gonna have to try it on a windows computer to see if i can get it to work as it still crashes xbmc for me, BUT only when i use scilz settings2, but with ur 2 channel youtube settings, it works fine, im just not sure if maybe something is happening between the mac and xbmc? so i am gonna try windows today.... and see how it goes...

lol im pretty sure i told you several times that the reason it crashes is dead strms. i stopped updating it cause we dont have a good way of sorting out the dead strms on the fly.
i have a new version that is realy stable but you need youtube,justintv,veetle plugins for this one ill post another update for it in a few hours or less.
settings2 PLUGIN version - https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdkdqxnv8tzunt...PLUGIN.xml
Guide logo's for most of the channels - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f2z8zwmng5gjw5k/iFfvKSOYFx
Requirements - youtube plugin,veetle plugin,justintv plugin,newest build of ptvl.

if you have channels you dont want to lose download my settings2PLUGIN then open it with notepad and copy 800-999 then paste those in after your last channel in your settings2
if you don't care about losing your channels rename my settings2PLUGIN to settings2 and just copy it over your old one.

work that needs done
- logo's for channel overlay
- xmltv guide info (i am a novice at this if anyone wants to help so we can add it to this pack that would be great).
- Grammer error's there are a lot i know
- Better info for the channels without any info source

known bug's
- some youtube channels never stop buffering you can push the spacebar to start them but they usually stop after a few second's and start buffering again. solution is to enter the guide and select the second video it will play fine then you can select the 1st video if you want and it will also play fine.

- if your screen goes black while scanning channels it's probably a youtube playlist that has a video that is now deleted. pm me the last channel number before the screen went black and if it is one of my playlist ill go take the deleted video of the playlist then you can scan and all will be fine.

- if screen goes black or you get error after the channel screen it is most likely a dead channel you can open your settings2 and take out that channel.
if anyone wants to help with any of the work that needs done or has stable channels from anywhere pm me.

thank you hellohello for added channels, logo's and organizing channel list.
thank you peppy6582 for added channels.
When I started this project, I never wanted to get involved with providing media... and still don't! Thank Scilz for all that you have Smile
But I do see that most user prefer to use pre configured "settings2" InternetTV lists then create their own...
Which I understand, but this brings a lot of unexpected problems into the mix... namely dead/region locked links...

I'm currently toying with different ideas on how to provide these links to you...

What I would like to know is if you had a list of "internettv" sources would you want it to populate on each first available channel or would you want it in blocks like channels 800-999??
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@Lunatixz:
Thank you again for continuing to improve the PTVL Experience.

You asked for new users to report any bugs... well, I'm not sure if these are bugs or not, but here are a few anomalies I observe when playing with PTVL (nb: I'm using the latest "settings2" PLUGIN version from scilz for channel sources):

Navigation:
When using my remote (GP-IR02BK, no key remapping), switching between channels with the CH UP/CH DOWN rocker switch (beside the Green Windows button) is not always possible. The navigation arrows always respond, but sometimes PTVL is blind to the CH+/CH- remote commands.

When CH+/CH- do not change the channel, they seem to move forward/backward in the playlist of the current channel.

OSD:
I'm getting a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde response to OSD commands in PTVL.

SHOW EPG: Sometimes the "OK" button will bring up the standard Player Controls ("M" on the keyboard) instead of PTVL's EPG. This happens erratically, with no predictable pattern.

"NOW WATCHING": Sometimes the "MORE/i" button will cause the standard Player Controls to appear ("M" on the keyboard) instead of the usual PTVL display.

CHANNEL NUMBER: the channel number shows in the upper left of the screen when you change channels, but does not show if you toggle the "Now Watching" info ON from within the same channel.

CODECINFO: This overlay function is normally activated in xbmc from the "Guide" button (or "O" keyboard command), and on occasion PTVL completely ignores this command from both keyboard and GP-IR02BK.

READABILITY:
Sorry if this has been raised previously (if so, I didn't notice it): Is it possible to dim the background video when EPG is on the screen ? Or reduce the transparency of the EPG display ? The text can be hard to read against the running video - depending on what's rolling at the time.

I hope these observations are useful to the cause... I'm really looking forward to the stable version of PTVL - and configuring it to be Wife- and Family-Friendly ! Thanks again Lunatixz.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2013-08-19, 21:05)Lunatixz Wrote: Out of curiosity out of all the upcoming features... what are you most looking forward too?

Auto tune (Music genre) channels
Divingmule's livestreams plugin support would be nice. As internet live tv rtmp links are not static, they change time to time. Livestreams plugin get these dynamic rtmp links using regex. Instead of having rtmp links on settings2.xml, we can call livestreams plugin just like youtube, veetle and others. is it possible?
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45