• 35(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-08-27, 04:13)j2048b Wrote: Ill take a look around and conntact an engineer friend i know... He works w software... Maybe he can give me a bit of incite as to how to differentiate between the feeds and have a program read something first in order to tell the program what the channels is such as rss... And such... Ill get back to u

The problem isn't differentiating feeds... its that different feeds handle request information differently and some feeds don't even respond to a request so a dead link test would give u a false positive.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Oh alrighty luna...
i wanted to share a trick for those stuck on a dead channel, after ptvl is closed adjust the current channel in the settings.xml to the vevo channel or some other stable channel (not settings2.xml...) also remember to delete the channel that didnt play from the settings2.xml and delete cache.

edit: also a quick idea i had for eye candy. with the coming up next thing at the top show a coming up next clearlogo or clearart bug in the upper right.
are you guys using the PLUGIN version or the non plugin version settings2? if you are using the plugin one do you have all the plugins needed? if you are using the non plugin one i suggest you give up on it till a later time. it's almost impossible to keep it updated atm. the plugin version is very stable tho as long as you have all needed plugins.and figuring out what channel is dead is easy it's w/e channel you last changed to before ptvl erred. i will check the plugin version right now for dead channels there might be 1 or 2. if there is ill post a update.

970 - 80's movie channel is constantly losing video's which causes ptvl to crash so i am removing it.
905 - dead
982 - dead
988 - dead
989 - dead
removed and updated - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ex20f4ppu59n027/YrvK3wJEiG
(2013-08-27, 07:26)nerdmastax Wrote: i wanted to share a trick for those stuck on a dead channel, after ptvl is closed adjust the current channel in the settings.xml to the vevo channel or some other stable channel (not settings2.xml...) also remember to delete the channel that didnt play from the settings2.xml and delete cache.

edit: also a quick idea i had for eye candy. with the coming up next thing at the top show a coming up next clearlogo or clearart bug in the upper right.

if you remove the dead channel from settings2 next time you load ptvl it's gone no need for editing settings.xml
true, however if you are just on a channel checking mission with a lot of dead channels it can be faster to just unstick your channel and leave the cache folder and settings 2 till your done, (its the way i cleaned up the first settings 2 you had) also a request on the settings2 plugin version you post. can you put like channels next to eachother, like youtube. i hate youtube through ptvl with a passion and playing pick and poke to remove youtube takes alot of time the way you have it sprinkled about.
i had it all just thrown about in the settings2 hellohello organized it into categories i have dyslexia and vertigo so it's kinda hard for me to look threw the settings2 it makes me dizzy after about 10-20mins
constant scrolling up and down is what does it to me. so any organization will have to be done by someone else sry.just out of curiosity what is it about the youtube channels that you don't like? i was thinking the automotive and tech channels need to be merged together so we just have maybe 4 or 5 of each instead of like 20 maybe channel interleaving could work.
Well I dont care for the way that it takes forever to parse youtube on every startup, I'm used to ptvl starting in about 5-15 seconds at most, with YouTube it takes me 5+ mins. also the buffering message problem.. if we had like 5-10 YouTube channels no big deal, but the latest one I cleaned had over 30, and removing them took 5 minutes off my load time.

also i suggest we make a google doc that we can collaborate on, then we could use the link for that doc as the autotune part of ptvl.
i think luna is working on incorporating a google doc . i was starting to think i was the only one with the buffering issue everyone i ask about the youtube buffering issue says it does'nt happen often for them it happens to me every time i tune to certain channels. it is really annoying lol i have no idea why some youtube channels don't buffer and others never stop buffering.
it takes less then a minute for my ptvl to load with the youtube channels i have 40mb net tho that probaly speeds it up.
(2013-08-27, 18:27)nerdmastax Wrote: Well I dont care for the way that it takes forever to parse youtube on every startup, I'm used to ptvl starting in about 5-15 seconds at most, with YouTube it takes me 5+ mins. also the buffering message problem.. if we had like 5-10 YouTube channels no big deal, but the latest one I cleaned had over 30, and removing them took 5 minutes off my load time.

also i suggest we make a google doc that we can collaborate on, then we could use the link for that doc as the autotune part of ptvl.

Are you running the latest git?? Because I changed reset rules a while back.... InternetTV, YouTube and RSS channels will only parse the first time the channel builds. Every load after that will be direct from m3u.

I have 300+ channels with 20 LiveTV ( which parse on each load). Load time are decent... Under a minute...

As for collaboration scilz and I gave a google code page for InternetTV... for editing anf future PTVL self updates... anyone that wanta to helo manage can pm me their gmail and i'll add them to the list.
yes im running the latest git from 7 days ago. i think its taking forever to read the playlist.
(2013-08-27, 19:37)nerdmastax Wrote: yes im running the latest git from 7 days ago. i think its taking forever to read the playlist.

It really shouldn't take that long... make sure media limit is set to 100
i know i was having problems updating before i thought i was updating but it was not. what i started doing was just downloading the new builds and just copying over the old idk if this is the rght way but it works for me. my limits are higher then 100 and it still loads in less then a minute.
Some Interesting Numbers...

Well, just to see what the State of Affairs is/was with PTVL, I refreshed settings2.xml with the latest trimmed version posted by scilz here. I deleted the cache folder and set PTVL to generate strms and nfos.

Total time from launch to youtube image on screen (CH875) 11m05s. Phew, I never thought it would get there.

CODECINFO does not respond on CH875. Using EPG to change to CH871, CODECINFO displays OK, but after one stream change to the next, EPG will no longer come up (instead, the standard Player Controls show when OK button is pressed). Stop button exits immediately to xbmc desktop (without the "saving info" message).

However, next launch time was much shorter - 02m02s. A few no-EPG & restarts later, and the launch rocketed by in 0m36s ! But no CODECINFO display. While watching one channel, the CH+/- buttons switch to next channel... but no response from these when EPG is up.

Hmmm... Consistently Inconsistent.

Is there somewhere I can look up the meaning of the info messages displayed during PTVL startup (ie: what's actually happening moment by moment):

- Waiting for File Lock
- Parsing youtubeTV
- Building InternetTV
- Parsing RSS
and of course...
- Exiting. Stopping Threads. (especially when this shows between streaming youtube vids).

Thanks again to everyone who's contributed to making PTVL better and better.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
it's inconsistent because several things break ptvl dead channels,youtube,if your in guide when certain video's change ect and once ptvl is broke it acts as a playlist that's why you don't see the exit popup ect. actually i think there all youtube related except for the dead links so i may take youtube channels out until they are handled better.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45