• 42(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I have used PseudoTV, and it does something very irritating to me.

When i startup pseudoTv, it starts a program playing automatically, and I have to click another button to see the EPG.
I haven't found any way to start it by default on the EPG screen, with no media playing. Is there a way to do that with this addon?
Hi,

I have installed this excellent add- on just for live tv because i have futubox subscription. I use guide on first page and setup settings2.xml file with 43 live channels as http links ("Channel_2_type" value="8") , tried rmtp links but channels frozen when play back start.
I also use webgrab plus and make xmltv.xml for 3 days and put this file on same location as settings2.xml, found all channels icons, and start program.
Everything works i am impressed with nice on screen epg.
Just problem is when program start, it take almost 60 min to parse xmltv file and start watching, whenever I start program. Is it possible that program store this info, so we can change this file every 10-14 days,
Did Live TV channels must start with number 800?

I also use simpleip tv add-on, and when xbmc start, epg info is automatically populate for 30 sec, but Pseudotv live is much better option because of nice interference and on screen epg.
I use master version, with stable version, pseudotv live have problem when parsing xmltv file and froze xbmc with black screen.
Lunatixz!!!!

You're a rock star, this is great! I've longed for something like this for years, there was always something missing from PseudoTV...you hit the nail on the head here! Prior to this I was just keeping my strm's in files and browsing to them, very cumbersome! So thank you for all your hard work and hours spent here.

I do have a bug to report though. I have 6 XBMC's throughout the house and they're all utilizing shared channels via SMB. Works just fine with PseudoTV however once I upgraded to PseudoTV Live I experience an issue where my settings and channels load as well as the last channel I was on but when I try to bring up the guide it flashes very quick and goes away. If I try that twice PTVL exits. Sometimes the guide will appear with no data or content being displayed and once I exit PTVL the empty guide will remain on the screen until I restart XBMC. Please note that PTVL works just fine when channel sharing isn't enabled.

Quick info about current setup
All Frodo 12.2
All Win 7 x64
(3) - 1Gig LAN (Setup with PTVL)
(3) - WiFi AC (Not setup with PTVL, yet)
librtmp.dll replaced
JTV 3.0.8 addon enabled
Veetle 0.1.6 addon enabled
PTVL master (downloaded yesterday 9/12/13)

Log below, sorry in advance for pasting the entire log. I wasn't sure if you needed more than just the PTVL info so I figure give it all to you.

XBMC.log

[UPDATE] - Observation, this behavior only happens when another PTVL instance is active. It appears that the first PTVL instance will operate with no issues however once the second instance is ran on another node that second node experiences the guide issue.
(2013-09-13, 16:33)xTapouTx Wrote: Lunatixz!!!!

You're a rock star, this is great! I've longed for something like this for years, there was always something missing from PseudoTV...you hit the nail on the head here! Prior to this I was just keeping my strm's in files and browsing to them, very cumbersome! So thank you for all your hard work and hours spent here.

I do have a bug to report though. I have 6 XBMC's throughout the house and they're all utilizing shared channels via SMB. Works just fine with PseudoTV however once I upgraded to PseudoTV Live I experience an issue where my settings and channels load as well as the last channel I was on but when I try to bring up the guide it flashes very quick and goes away. If I try that twice PTVL exits. Sometimes the guide will appear with no data or content being displayed and once I exit PTVL the empty guide will remain on the screen until I restart XBMC. Please note that PTVL works just fine when channel sharing isn't enabled.

Quick info about current setup
All Frodo 12.2
All Win 7 x64
(3) - 1Gig LAN (Setup with PTVL)
(3) - WiFi AC (Not setup with PTVL, yet)
librtmp.dll replaced
JTV 3.0.8 addon enabled
Veetle 0.1.6 addon enabled
PTVL master (downloaded yesterday 9/12/13)

Log below, sorry in advance for pasting the entire log. I wasn't sure if you needed more than just the PTVL info so I figure give it all to you.

XBMC.log

[UPDATE] - Observation, this behavior only happens when another PTVL instance is active. It appears that the first PTVL instance will operate with no issues however once the second instance is ran on another node that second node experiences the guide issue.

Any problems with the EPG filling in data (ie, blank info, missing channel info, "channel" instead of actual channel name). is attributed to performance issues with your system... try limited background processes or increase system memory... Less PTVL channels = better performance since PTVL is taxing on system memory...

(2013-09-13, 10:47)dmarko Wrote: Hi,

I have installed this excellent add- on just for live tv because i have futubox subscription. I use guide on first page and setup settings2.xml file with 43 live channels as http links ("Channel_2_type" value="8") , tried rmtp links but channels frozen when play back start.
I also use webgrab plus and make xmltv.xml for 3 days and put this file on same location as settings2.xml, found all channels icons, and start program.
Everything works i am impressed with nice on screen epg.
Just problem is when program start, it take almost 60 min to parse xmltv file and start watching, whenever I start program. Is it possible that program store this info, so we can change this file every 10-14 days,
Did Live TV channels must start with number 800?

I also use simpleip tv add-on, and when xbmc start, epg info is automatically populate for 30 sec, but Pseudotv live is much better option because of nice interference and on screen epg.
I use master version, with stable version, pseudotv live have problem when parsing xmltv file and froze xbmc with black screen.

Read the FAQ in post three

(2013-09-13, 03:14)MeMeMe Wrote: I have used PseudoTV, and it does something very irritating to me.

When i startup pseudoTv, it starts a program playing automatically, and I have to click another button to see the EPG.
I haven't found any way to start it by default on the EPG screen, with no media playing. Is there a way to do that with this addon?

No, this isn't a feature I plan on adding...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thanks for the fast response! Any other suggestions? The system has 8GB of RAM and while running PTVL the whole system is only using 1.27GB RAM max.
(2013-09-13, 22:26)xTapouTx Wrote: Thanks for the fast response! Any other suggestions? The system has 8GB of RAM and while running PTVL the whole system is only using 1.27GB RAM max.

Try playing around with xbmc's advancedsettings background threading... find what works for u... try disabling trakt, nextaired,skin widgets, and any services you don't use regularly.
(2013-09-13, 22:07)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-09-13, 03:14)MeMeMe Wrote: I have used PseudoTV, and it does something very irritating to me.

That's a shame. I am honestly surprised that I'm the only one who has ever asked for this. My parents find it impossible to remember how to use PTV (the simple step of hitting OK for the EPG), and we all find it irritating for it to start playing something before we get a chance to choose what to watch. If you change your mind in the future, you'll have another user.
Not to step on Luna's toes here but if I may answer the last person's comment about having PTVL start on the EPG with nothing playing...

The idea behind PTV from the very beginning was to simulate the channel surfing experience...having it start on the EPG and making you choose what you want to watch kind of defeats that purpose don't you think?
(2013-09-13, 23:52)MeMeMe Wrote:
(2013-09-13, 22:07)Lunatixz Wrote:

That's a shame. I am honestly surprised that I'm the only one who has ever asked for this. My parents find it impossible to remember how to use PTV (the simple step of hitting OK for the EPG), and we all find it irritating for it to start playing something before we get a chance to choose what to watch. If you change your mind in the future, you'll have another user.

You can customize buttons in xbmc, maybe map the guide button?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I cdont want to derail the thread since I'm not the intended audience of this addon, but just to answer these posts:

(2013-09-13, 23:56)ARYEZ Wrote: Not to step on Luna's toes here but if I may answer the last person's comment about having PTVL start on the EPG with nothing playing...

The idea behind PTV from the very beginning was to simulate the channel surfing experience...having it start on the EPG and making you choose what you want to watch kind of defeats that purpose don't you think?

Yeah, i get that. I just asusme there are people who channel surf differently too. The way I "channel surf" is to browse my EPG, and see something that interests me, jump in, then if it doesn't grab me, browse the EPG again. PVRs that open by default on the EPG have been in use in this house for so long, that it seems alien to start up with something playing, and I'd forgotten that was the normal experience for most people.

(2013-09-14, 00:36)bry- Wrote: You can customize buttons in xbmc, maybe map the guide button?

The guide button is already mapped to something (the actual PVR EPG).
I know there's a way to change button mappings when certain screens are focussed - do you know if it's possible to do that with PTV Live? I never looked into it because I'd read that the original PTV hihacked most buttons and disabled others to stop them interfering with PTV's behaviour while its running.
Hi new to PseudoTV it has greatly enhanced my XBMC experience so thanks to all who have developed and maintained it.

I am however having a problem with Music Videos, I have created a Playlist added it to a channel yet only one video plays over and over. I have tried different skins, checked the repeat option is unchecked and when I remove that one video from the music videos library the channel does not show.

If I go to the Music Video Playlist the playlist works fine.

I am using Ace skin, have tried it on Transparency/Confluence/Aeon Nox/MQ4.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
(2013-09-14, 12:38)no1fagen Wrote: Hi new to PseudoTV it has greatly enhanced my XBMC experience so thanks to all who have developed and maintained it.

I am however having a problem with Music Videos, I have created a Playlist added it to a channel yet only one video plays over and over. I have tried different skins, checked the repeat option is unchecked and when I remove that one video from the music videos library the channel does not show.

Thanks

How does your channel config read? Post and we might be able to help. Here's a few examples of what does work.

<setting id="Channel_199_1" value="smb://192.168.1.100/Music/Music Videos/CMT" />
<setting id="Channel_199_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_199_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_199_rule_1_opt_1" value="CMT" />
<setting id="Channel_199_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_15_type" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_15_1" value="special://profile/playlists/video/SurvivalShows.xsp" />
<setting id="Channel_15_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_15_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_15_rule_1_opt_1" value="Survival Channel" />
<setting id="Channel_15_changed" value="False" />
(2013-09-14, 12:38)no1fagen Wrote: Hi new to PseudoTV it has greatly enhanced my XBMC experience so thanks to all who have developed and maintained it.

Thanks

Needed more info...
What file format?
Is it scraped into library?
What is your ptvl short length set to?
Have u tried directory channel over playlist?
XtapouTx

I am sorry but apart from programming my remote using the Keyboard XML and a lot of help from XBMC Wiki I am not programme language literate, all my XBMC tinkering is done through the UI, so I have no idea what you are suggesting or where I would input those strings. Thanks for responding though.

Lunatix

All my music videos are scraped into the library, playing them all from playlists and from music video work fine.

File formats for music videos are mixed, MP4s, Avis, FLVs the one that keeps repeating is an MP4 and its properties are no different to other MP4s.

I have the minimum play length on PseudoTV set to 60 seconds,

What is Directory channel?

It is only Music Videos I am having trouble with I have created 60+ other channels from many different playlists, mixed and unmixed TV shows and Movies no issue.

Thanks
Great work.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
VqP
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45