• 48(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Finally got my whole library rescanned. Pointed server sources to smb address to make them match the other boxes in order to get channel sharing working. Pointing the server to an smb address on the same computer just makes 2 copies of everything though. I have no idea what to do now.
(2013-10-09, 00:03)dkplayaclub Wrote: Finally got my whole library rescanned. Pointed server sources to smb address to make them match the other boxes in order to get channel sharing working. Pointing the server to an smb address on the same computer just makes 2 copies of everything though. I have no idea what to do now.

Follow my channel sharing guide making sure to view and read every link to each step.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I've read all those guides several times. The only things I see in any of them that could be a potential issue are :

1. Library not centralized using MySQL, which I was told I did not need to do if I was only sharing the channels on my local network
2. XBMC Media folders should use Server IP over Hostname. I am using smb, as I was told is OK. Should I not be using smb?

I'm sorry to be such a pain, but I am not a computer wizard and this seems to be quite a bit of work to set up. I don't want to give up.
(2013-10-08, 23:29)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-10-08, 23:12)ARYEZ Wrote: Yeah man I'm patterning it after how it works on direct tv...basically as soon as you begin punching the channel number in, the info screen displays and I always thought it was kind of cool. No rush on that though...I'd say put it on the wish list somewhere after type 15 music genre channels lol.

music genre is just about finished... but I want to add cloud server options so you could create stream music and music videos channels...
I also have to finish updating skinning features for music channels, which will include clearart and spinning cdart.

Sweet that all sounds awesome...can't wait to see it!
Whenever I manually edit the Settings2.xml file all the data gets overwritten on next launch. I can watch it all revert in realtime in my text editor. I managed to add one streaming tv channel before it got all knockered. First it deletes any data after Rule_1_ID, then changes the other values to blank.
(2013-10-09, 02:59)creche Wrote: Whenever I manually edit the Settings2.xml file all the data gets overwritten on next launch. I can watch it all revert in realtime in my text editor. I managed to add one streaming tv channel before it got all knockered. First it deletes any data after Rule_1_ID, then changes the other values to blank.

Instructions for editing settings state not to edit while ptvl is running...
I edited the file when XBMC was closed. The next time I opened PTVL it blanks out the settings2.xml. When I open the file all the lines are there but values blanked out.
creche dBullateline='1381281700' Wrote: I edited the file when XBMC was closed. The next time I opened PTVL it blanks out the settings2.xml. When I open the file all the lines are there but values blanked out.
When PTVL is running all settings info is placed in memory. If you edit while its running nothing will be changed. Edit b4 running and don't open it while it is.
(2013-10-09, 03:27)Lunatixz Wrote:
creche dBullateline='1381281700' Wrote: I edited the file when XBMC was closed. The next time I opened PTVL it blanks out the settings2.xml. When I open the file all the lines are there but values blanked out.
When PTVL is running all settings info is placed in memory. If you edit while its running nothing will be changed. Edit b4 running and don't open it while it is.

The XML is not open when XBMC is open. When the values started to change I opened them both at the same time to investigate why it was changing. Here is what happens when I add this entry to the xml:

Quote:<setting id="Channel_4_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_4_1” value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_4_2” value="/Volumes/Storage/XBMCSTREAM/NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC HD.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_4_3” value=“Nation Geographic” />
<setting id="Channel_4_4” value=“Latest Tech news from NG.” />
<setting id="Channel_4_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_4_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_4_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_4_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_4_rule_1_opt_1" value=“National Geographic” />

Upon next launch of PTVL the plugin says it is loading the stream. After a minute my receiver clicks to tell me the feed is dead. I open the XML, with XBMC closed, and my entry is changed to

Quote: <setting id="Channel_4_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_4_1” value=" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_4_2” value=" value="/Volumes/Storage/XBMCSTREAM/NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC HD.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_4_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_4_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_4_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_4_rule_1_id" value="1" />

With no editing done, the sequential launch will produce this

Quote: <setting id="Channel_4_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_4_1” value=" value=" />
<setting id="Channel_4_2” value=" value=" />
<setting id="Channel_4_rulecount" value=" />
<setting id="Channel_4_changed" value=" />
<setting id="Channel_4_time" value=" />
<setting id="Channel_4_rule_1_id" value=" />

This occurs regardless of if the xml is open or closed.
(2013-10-09, 00:29)dkplayaclub Wrote: I've read all those guides several times. The only things I see in any of them that could be a potential issue are :

1. Library not centralized using MySQL, which I was told I did not need to do if I was only sharing the channels on my local network
2. XBMC Media folders should use Server IP over Hostname. I am using smb, as I was told is OK. Should I not be using smb?

I'm sorry to be such a pain, but I am not a computer wizard and this seems to be quite a bit of work to set up. I don't want to give up.

1. I don't believed you have too... I would, but I think sharing xbmc's sources.XML between instances and scraping with same settings will work.

2. Your media source can be smb but server should be configured with a static IP which should be used instead of a hostname. Make sure permission for folder access is included... Example
Code:
smb://user:pass@ipaddress/movies

Don't worry about it we are all beginners at one point... I will try my best to help... But the first three posts as overwhelming as it may be has all info And links to teach you what u need to know...

Hopefully by my final build 95% of the grunt work will be automated.
(2013-10-09, 03:59)ThePolarSky Wrote: Like many others here, I appreciate the work you're doing.

Is it possible to run LiveTV channels (via HDHomerun) with a static xmltv file? My XBMC network is offline, so it would be nice to have the EPG show live channels as solid bars and local channels with populated episode/movie information.

Not sure I follow...
I already support hdhomerun with xmltv which is channel type 8. Channel type 9 features "static" info which I believed is what you want?
(2013-10-09, 04:58)ThePolarSky Wrote: Whoops. That should work, if I can use "channel type 9" for the hdhomerun feeds.

I don't fully understand the Internet EPG runtime setting. Does a higher value increase the plug-in load time? Is there a minimum value that will cause problems if I watch the stream long enough? 90 minutes seems a little short for a channel's EPG length.

Thanks for the quick response.

It's just a arbitrary number that takes up the EPG's slot... want a longer slot make the time greater. I prefer 90mins since that will generate a slot the fill the EPG.
Pushing a fix tonight for custom playlist in PTVL channel manager, along with youtube playlist tweaks... As for the youtube playlist limit not working... code looks fine, could that user pm me with his playlist url so I can check it out...
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45