• 49(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I grabbed scilz's settings2.xml, put it in the ptvl folder, restarted the computer, and opened the add-on.

It scans all the channels then says processing rule 1 and crashes xvmc

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=67552

If the file is locked it could be the OS sandboxing the app.
(2013-10-09, 06:11)creche Wrote: I grabbed scilz's settings2.xml, put it in the ptvl folder, restarted the computer, and opened the add-on.

It scans all the channels then says processing rule 1 and crashes xvmc

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=67552

If the file is locked it could be the OS sandboxing the app.

Not really supported when ising others SETTINGS.xml! Its on the first page of the thread! Ive always had this same issue and could never get this to work once i used scilz settings.xml on my mac.... Was hesitant to try on my openelec boxes for fear it would crash it as well?

Read the first page of the thread and see if u make ur own advancedsettings.xml as they describe it should be then retry and see if that works?

But if i could have gotten it to work id have left this awesome program on my xbmc!

Still a great work luna!!
It is crashing with any settings2.xml that I create, so, I thought I'd test a known good file. The plugin only works, for me, with Autotune or no settings2 file. When it does work is looks great, which is why not getting a stream added is frustrating. This is a add-on I could see myself using extensively.
(2013-10-09, 06:51)creche Wrote: It is crashing with any settings2.xml that I create, so, I thought I'd test a known good file. The plugin only works, for me, with Autotune or no settings2 file. When it does work is looks great, which is why not getting a stream added is frustrating. This is a add-on I could see myself using extensively.

I had the same issues and still could t figure it out! Worked great with the initial like 2-4 channels and then would crash if i added or adjusted any other settings.xml wheras other mac users said their stuff worked just fine... Not sure what i did wrong? Id love for it to work for me as well... Id never have to switch ad ons because id code as many channels as icould, but doesnt seem as tho it will work for me
@j2048b sorry you are still having problems... I use this addon daily and so do many other users...
When I finish adding features, I will turn to making my additions more user friendly.

@creche as j2048b explained I do not support other peoples configuration files for obvious reasons... what works for one person may not work for others...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
That is understandable. I tested with a known good file to see if an untouched file does the same thing.

I tried with just one channel, a working stream.

It crashes at the same point: script.pseudotv.live-TVOverlay: readConfig return. I looked in the overlay.py file and found this reference:
Quote: if self.readConfig() == False:
return

which is right before it loads the channel logos and EPG information.
(2013-10-09, 07:16)Lunatixz Wrote: @j2048b sorry you are still having problems... I use this addon daily and so do many other users...
When I finish adding features, I will turn to making my additions more user friendly.

@creche as j2048b explained I do not support other peoples configuration files for obvious reasons... what works for one person may not work for others...

Its all good luna i still stay up on this thread as its an awesome addition to any xbmc!! I just wish i could narrow down what the issue could be in my system? Maybe ill give it a go on my windows laptop to see if it might be a configuration within my mac for some reason?
(2013-10-09, 07:33)creche Wrote: That is understandable. I tested with a known good file to see if an untouched file does the same thing.

It crashes at the same point: script.pseudotv.live-TVOverlay: readConfig return. I looked in the overlay.py file and found this reference:
return

Its your setup. Check settings... Delete settings2.XML and cachr folder.
Open ptvl manager, configure a channel.
nevermind for now...
ya my settings2 is not up to date i have not used it in months prob 80% or more of the channels are offline now but i have a plugin version last time i checked every channel worked on it i posted a link in this thread somewhere. i told a few ppl over on another forum i would make a small settings2 for ppl to test ptvl out with strms, i will also share it here i have just been really busy last few weeks to work on settings2.
(2013-10-09, 07:49)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 07:33)creche Wrote: That is understandable. I tested with a known good file to see if an untouched file does the same thing.

return

When I launch the channel configuration tool I get a white box where I can pick TV shows, networks, playlists, etc. When I pick Custom Playlist I am unable to go any further. I can not arrow down to the field to input the playlist, nor can I launch the rules section.

I tested on my Mac at work and it works perfect.

The Mac I run XBMC at home is running gotham (I have no choice, XMBC12 does not work on that OS). Manually editing the xml is my only option.

I think I'll just do the raspberry pi + OpenELEC setup, if that can output to a display port.

EDIT: Updated to 0.1.4, I was on 0.1.3. When I arrow down to the custom playlist it still does not highlight blue, but if I hit enter I can select a playlist. Ya progress!!!
(2013-10-09, 21:09)creche Wrote: EDIT: Updated to 0.1.4, I was on 0.1.3. When I arrow down to the custom playlist it still does not highlight blue, but if I hit enter I can select a playlist. Ya progress!!!

It was late when I fixed it... Worked on the coding not the skinning... its a minor fix to add a highlighted bar Smile
OK. I am back with another question. I completely rescanned all sources on all machines, using IP addresses so they all match. Now all channels load and play fine on my PC. On the Ouya, I can go into channel configuration and all channels are there, so I know the settings2.xml file is being shared properly, but when I start PTV, all I get is 3 of the 24 channels I created. Background updating turned off doesn't seem to help and playlists do not exclude watched items. What exactly should I be checking my settings.xml and settings2.xml files for? Other than that one thing, I am pretty sure I followed the instructions to the letter.
(2013-10-09, 21:09)creche Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 07:49)Lunatixz Wrote:

When I launch the channel configuration tool I get a white box where I can pick TV shows, networks, playlists, etc. When I pick Custom Playlist I am unable to go any further. I can not arrow down to the field to input the playlist, nor can I launch the rules section.

I tested on my Mac at work and it works perfect.

The Mac I run XBMC at home is running gotham (I have no choice, XMBC12 does not work on that OS). Manually editing the xml is my only option.

I think I'll just do the raspberry pi + OpenELEC setup, if that can output to a display port.

EDIT: Updated to 0.1.4, I was on 0.1.3. When I arrow down to the custom playlist it still does not highlight blue, but if I hit enter I can select a playlist. Ya progress!!!

What version are u running on ir mac that makes u run gotham only?
(2013-10-10, 01:32)dkplayaclub Wrote: OK. I am back with another question. I completely rescanned all sources on all machines, using IP addresses so they all match. Now all channels load and play fine on my PC. On the Ouya, I can go into channel configuration and all channels are there, so I know the settings2.xml file is being shared properly, but when I start PTV, all I get is 3 of the 24 channels I created. Background updating turned off doesn't seem to help and playlists do not exclude watched items. What exactly should I be checking my settings.xml and settings2.xml files for? Other than that one thing, I am pretty sure I followed the instructions to the letter.

Did you start clean? sounds like you might not have cleaned your db properly or some file permissions are bad.

If I was you... I know its a pain, but I would do the following without skipping a step...

On both systems (ouya, pc)

Delete:
myvideo##.db
myaudio##.db
texture.db

for the rest of the instructions I will refer to the PC as the "master" and ouya as "slave"

check masters source.xml. Make sure all paths to media are smb with user/pass and ip address
check that master xbmc loads those source folders.
copy source.xml, mediasources.xml and password.xml to your slaves folder...

in xbmc scrape all media (on master and slave) with the exact same scraper and settings...

when all media is fully scraped, open slave ptvl settings enable channel sharing and point it to your masters settings2.xml location.

now ptvl is completely in sync with the master... and you should have matching libraries for both devices...
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45