• 50(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I uninstalled XBMC completely from all machines this morning and scraped all videos with the IP addresses to make sure everything matched.
Going to check the xml files like you suggested now. I will let you know how it works out when I'm done.
(2013-10-10, 01:48)dkplayaclub Wrote: I uninstalled XBMC completely from all machines this morning and scraped all videos with the IP addresses to make sure everything matched.
Going to check the xml files like you suggested now. I will let you know how it works out when I'm done.

uninstalling wouldn't remove db's... pretty sure they are still in your user/xbmc folder or if you are running in portable (which in windows you should be) your files are in xbmc/portable_data/userdata

if you insist you did remove the db's then I would run a permission change on all shared folders to make sure files under folders have permission for network share.

that would be the only reason that some videos are missing on your slave xbmc... either bad path or file permission...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
OK. One other thing : I input the addresses the way you told me, but XBMC automatically removes the username and password from the path.
(2013-10-10, 01:54)dkplayaclub Wrote: OK. One other thing : I input the addresses the way you told me, but XBMC automatically removes the username and password from the path.

yeah because you are running dups... are you running xbmc in portable? if not the source.xml is it located in user/xbmc or in your xbmc folder (which i'm placing money on).

your setup sounds incorrect...

run xbmc.exe -fs -p

then put your source.xml in xbmc/portable_data/userdata/

then go to your user/xbmc folder and delete it... it's not needed anymore...
Not running in portable mode... unless XBMC runs in portable by default and I just never knew it.
Sources.xml is located in "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata".
All the DB files were definitely erased when I reinstalled. I went through the drive with file explorer to clean out all traces, including the profile folders.

If I have to run in portable mode I must have missed that in the tutorials.
Ok, I got streams working by making a playlist of nfo and strm files for each channel I want. I can add that playlist to PLTV and open up the rules. Without being able to confirm he settings, just toggle them blindly, I am not sure if the rules are set correctly. Is there a way to set the rules from a text file?
(2013-10-10, 02:24)dkplayaclub Wrote: Not running in portable mode... unless XBMC runs in portable by default and I just never knew it.
Sources.xml is located in "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata".
All the DB files were definitely erased when I reinstalled. I went through the drive with file explorer to clean out all traces, including the profile folders.

If I have to run in portable mode I must have missed that in the tutorials.

you don't have to run in portable... just makes things easier to have all your configuration files in the same folder...

doesn't matter if your path has the username and password as long as your password.xml does...
As usual, when I have an issue that plagues me as much as this, it usually turns out to be something minor that I overlooked.
In order to share the necessary files, I have been trying all kinds of tricks in order to get the path substitution just right. As soon as I read that last post I realized I could actually substitute single files. I was under the impression that it was just for folders.
Setting up my advancedsettings.xml now. I would be surprised if it doesn't work after this. I will keep you updated,

EDIT - OK. Now XBMC won't even launch. Does this look wrong to you?

Code:
<advancedsettings>

<network>

<curlclienttimeout>10</curlclienttimeout>
        <curllowspeedtime>5</curllowspeedtime>
        <cachemembuffersize>20000000</cachemembuffersize>

</network>

<pathsubstitution>

<substitute>
            <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
            <to>smb://dk:[email protected]/Users/DK/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/</to>
        </substitute>

<substitute>
            <from>special://masterprofile/passwords.xml</from>
            <to>smb://dk:[email protected]/Users/DK/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/passwords.xml</to>
        </substitute>

<substitute>
            <from>special://masterprofile/sources.xml</from>
            <to>smb://dk:[email protected]/Users/DK/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/sources.xml</to>
        </substitute>

</pathsubstitution>

</advancedsettings>
Did you fix the playlist thing in channel creation? Setting up a playlist on 100 machines is less work than this.
(2013-10-10, 03:38)dkplayaclub Wrote: Did you fix the playlist thing in channel creation? Setting up a playlist on 100 machines is less work than this.

custom playlist was fixed
Thank you. I just set up a separate settings2.xml for each machine for now. I will keep trying things out, but I just got too frustrated with all the issues I was having.
New features i'm trying to finish up by the end of the week:

Autotuning:
  • TV, from local content
    Movies, from local content
    Mixed Genre, from local content
Plugin Autotuning:
  • USTVNOW LiveTV w/EPG

Other Tuning channels i'm still working on include:
  • Music Videos, from InternetTV Sources
    Music Genre, from local content
    Hdhomerun w/EPG
    InternetTV from a source list
do you have ustvnow working in ptvl? everytime i try it last a about a day then the strms stop working just like filmon does
(2013-10-10, 13:32)scilz Wrote: do you have ustvnow working in ptvl? everytime i try it last a about a day then the strms stop working just like filmon does

yeah it works i'm using a direct rtmp link that includes the users token...
what were you using?
i used a link i got from xbmc log after i played ustvnow channels it works but only for a few hrs then the tokens change (i think) and it no longer works even trying to add them to favs works only for a few hrs or a day at most if i try to play them the next day it never works.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45