• 60(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-10-26, 18:07)Lunatixz Wrote: Quick Poll!!

What platform do you run XBMC w/PTVL on? (Windows,Mac,Android,Linux,Other).

Do you generate your own XMLTV files for LiveTV? What grabber are you using?

Important I get your feedback...

Also is anyone else having problems connecting to USTVNOW? try the plugin link in first post... let me know if its working for you...

Windows 7 with mc2xml scheduled to run nightly.
Windows 7 with mc2xml running weekly.
windows 7
Okay cool... All windows so far!
I'm still looking for a python xmltv grabber. Which I need for autotuning livetv... For now we can use mc2xml. I will include the mc2xml files with the release.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
W7 / zap2xml / I don't use ustvnow(or plan to)
Not sure what you are asking about xmltv, but if you are looking for an example of a python xmltv grabber google tv_grab_nz-py.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
never mind
(2013-10-26, 21:02)nickr Wrote: Not sure what you are asking about xmltv, but if you are looking for an example of a python xmltv grabber google tv_grab_nz-py.

I wasn't asking a question... But rather making a statement.

That grabber is for NZ I need a configurable universal grabber for different regions...
Any Suggestions?
Yeah I guess I worded my post wrong. Anyway, why does it have to be python? You can shell out to other languages from python. xmltv covers quite a lot of areas. Also schedules direct has many ways of access if you are looking at the americas.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-10-26, 21:43)nickr Wrote: Yeah I guess I worded my post wrong. Anyway, why does it have to be python? You can shell out to other languages from python. xmltv covers quite a lot of areas. Also schedules direct has many ways of access if you are looking at the americas.

Doesn't have to be in python... Would prefer to run under XBMC's environment for compatibility reasons...
(2013-10-26, 18:07)Lunatixz Wrote: Quick Poll!!

What platform do you run XBMC w/PTVL on? (Windows,Mac,Android,Linux,Other).

Do you generate your own XMLTV files for LiveTV? What grabber are you using?

Important I get your feedback...

Also is anyone else having problems connecting to USTVNOW? try the plugin link in first post... let me know if its working for you...

Running on Windows 7
Generate my own XMLTV file using mc2xml.
Me too Daavid. However I am not having luck getting live TV to work with PseudoTV live. Not sure what the problem is. No problem with TVGuide.
Upcoming push has changes that will affect your current channel setup: Update with caution!

Push will include:

Fix for youtube limits... limits will include (50,100,150,200,250). They will work with a new settings2.xml entry or a global limit in PTVL's settings:
Limits set in the settings2.xml override the global limit. This allows custom limits per channel.

_3" value="100" /> <-------New entry limits media to 50|100|150|200|250. This is a per channel setting.. one channel could be set to 100 videos while the other 250...

Code:
<setting id="Channel_#_type" value="10" />
<setting id="Channel_#_1" value="MotorTrend" />
<setting id="Channel_#_2" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_3" value="100" />
<setting id="Channel_#_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_1_opt_1" value="MotorTrend" />

It's important that you never go to far over the available videos. If you have 100 videos don't use 200!
If you have 51 videos, using 100 will be fine. The next 49 videos will be filled in with repeats.
Also remember youtube channels don't automatically rebuild on every start to improve performance, and reduce the risk of hammering youtube's api... so if you want to fill a channel with new videos daily, weekly, etc. Use the example below.

Code:
<setting id="Channel_#_type" value="10" />
<setting id="Channel_#_1" value="MotorTrend" />
<setting id="Channel_#_2" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_3" value="100" />
<setting id="Channel_#_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rulecount" value="2" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_2_id" value="13" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_1_opt_1" value="MotorTrend" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_2_opt_1" value="1" />

rule_2_opt_1" value="1" 1 = amount of days to reset, in this case 1

I also added xmltv error checking, which should reduce instances of black screens when xmltv isn't properly configured... If bad or no data is found matching the channel configuration that channel will not build! but the next good configuration will without a black screen error. There is also a new entry that will allow multiple xmltv sources.

_3" value="ustvnow" /> <------- New entry uses the name of the xml file. In this example "ustvnow" refers to ustvnow.xml using the location set in PTVL's settings...
If no custom xml is found it will try the default xmltv.xml... which leaves you two options for standard xmltv files... either rename _3 " value="xmltv" or leave it blank _3 "value=""

Code:
<setting id="Channel_#_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_#_1" value="I27.28460898.microsoft.com" />
<setting id="Channel_#_2" value="plugin://plugin.video.ustvnow/?name=ABC&mode=play" />
<setting id="Channel_#_3" value="ustvnow" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_1_opt_1" value="ABC USTVNOW" />

Autotuning:

Auto-tuning will control channel ordering based on your selection of options. Once auto-tuning is complete you can add traditional channels using whatever method you used previously.
It will also build clean each time it's activated; and builds using all media mapped to XBMC (so large collections will take sometime to build).

There will be a recovery option for users who want to undo auto-tuning after it runs.

Auto-tuning options will include:
  • LiveTV:
    • USTVnow w/EPG
    • HDhomerun (coming soon)
  • TV Network
  • Movie Studios
  • TV Genres
  • Movie Genres
  • Mixed TV/Movie Genres
  • Music Genres
    Music Videos:
    • Youtube (coming soon)
    • VevoTV
    • Local Directory
  • InternetTV (coming soon)
  • User selected addons/plugins (coming soon)

A Backup is made after agreeing to run auto tune, there will be a restore function implemented soon.
a media limit can be set to cut down on channel building time. The limit (100|250|500|Unlimited) will be per channel, till all bugs are worked out I recommend leaving this at 100.

At the moment, Music channels is giving me problems, maybe it will work for you? who knows...
USTVnow only supports free service, If you are a premium users email USTVNOW ask them to support this addon!
XMLTV files for USTVNOW will have to manually be downloaded till I figure out the best way to handle xmltv in python... All files will be included in a folder labeled (xmltv)

AutoTune maybe buggie??, but PTVL should still work as normal... Feedback is a must, I can't possible test every combination by myself Smile Please include links to your logs...

Also, thank you earlieb for finding a solution to the EPG Sync issue.
I get no love from live TV.. When I do not set xmltv setting it does not show up in my epg at all - long pause at parse channel (only trying one right now). When I do set xml setting it goes balnk screen. Here is the code:

<setting id="Channel_222_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_222_1" value="I18279.labs.zap2it.com" />
<setting id="Channel_222_2" value="hdhomerun://1316F94B-0/tuner0?channel=qam256:549000000&program=4" />
<setting id="Channel_222_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_222_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_222_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_222_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_222_rule_1_opt_1" value="Disney XD" />

Anyone see anything right off?

I can view the channel via TVGuide and through file->hdhomerun xbmc tv, using latest stable.
Master Git updated... Please include detailed description and include link to your log...

Remember to setup xmltv for ustvnow before running autotune...
everything you need for windows is located in script.pseudotv.live\resources\lib\xmltv
run bat file then place ustvnow.xml in the same folder with your other xmltv file or set PTVL's settings to look in the directory where the ustvnow.xml.

Double check settings, and settings2 configuration (add new switches detail in the post above). before running... also wouldn't hurt to manually backup your settings2.xml

Also please test out the EPG sync fix...
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45