• 64(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
@scilz Pay for cable! WAHHHH!!

LOL, I cut the cord a number of years ago... Fed up with the cost for equipment and service.

If Dish uses a cable card then you can use HDhomerun Prime with PTVL as long as encrypted channels work with prime. Don't see a way to use the hopper... unless they offer Internet service connections to your hopper then i'm sure you can get something going...

I'm sure you have a pretty sweet setup, why go dish?

I use a mix between OTA (hdhomerun), Local media from sickbeard and couchpotato Wink and Internet sources (hulu,1ch,etc).

Do you need futubox and ustvnow? and do you need both hulu and netflix? sounds like that could be costly...

BTW, I'm always tempted to get a basic cable package and use a cablecard with PTVL... but TWC still finds a way to rape you with cable card rental fees... Ugh!

I spent a number of years customizing almost every aspect of xbmc to make it Wife friendly... if you need help, let me know.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
lol that is exactly it i have been at this for about 5 years and the wife still wont use it she would rather just watch the free abc,fox,nbc,cbs, we get lol. and im getting rid of netflix definitely, hulu plus is way better imo.
only thing i have problem with is watching the steeler games sometimes like last week ustvnow was acting up a little bit and so was my free cbs channel i get. dish network has a pack for 29.99 a month 1st year 49.99 a month 2nd year.. if i can watch my steeler games in hd and the wife can watch new shows as they air in hd for that price i can live with it as long as i can get them too work in ptvl lol. if i cant get them to work in ptvl tho it's a no go.

btw i did have my xbmc setup pretty much they way i wanted it then some dev's on other sites decided to start fighting with each other and messing with each others plugins so i had to redo my whole xbmc setup then they did it again lol
i think i may be banned from both those sites now lol
(2013-10-29, 02:57)scilz Wrote: lol that is exactly it i have been at this for about 5 years and the wife still wont use it she would rather just watch the free abc,fox,nbc,cbs, we get lol. and im getting rid of netflix definitely, hulu plus is way better imo.
only thing i have problem with is watching the steeler games sometimes like last week ustvnow was acting up a little bit and so was my free cbs channel i get. dish network has a pack for 29.99 a month 1st year 49.99 a month 2nd year.. if i can watch my steeler games in hd and the wife can watch new shows as they air in hd for that price i can live with it as long as i can get them too work in ptvl lol. if i cant get them to work in ptvl tho it's a no go.

btw i did have my xbmc setup pretty much they way i wanted it then some dev's on other sites decided to start fighting with each other and messing with each others plugins so i had to redo my whole xbmc setup then they did it again lol
i think i may be banned from both those sites now lol

Are you talking about the hub / talk debacle? it's not that bad...

I use sportsdevil for my sunday games... I also setup mylibrary to scrape it every sunday @ noon and put the strms into an easy list... I hate missing kickoff fumbling around to find a good feed.

As for wife friendly... I have it down to a button for her... I remapped the "last" button on our remote and setup a tivo like screen that loads playlists including new hulu and new downloads... by month and week.
One click brings up new this week, another brings new this month.. then it's a matter of making or finding a skin view that she likes...

Hell on the whole wife thing... why do you think I'm trying to make PTV better Smile
I hope one day to make it just as good as a cable box...
that sounds amazing bro lol, i would love to see a video or some ss of your xbmc setup for some ideas.
does sportsdevil have good quality and all the nfl games?
and yes hub/talk messed my xbmc up twice then i got it fixed and then i accidentally deleted my settings2 for ptvl i had been working on all week. i had about 70 channels set up with proper tv guide info and everything so at that point i was like im not doing it again lol
(2013-10-29, 03:18)scilz Wrote: that sounds amazing bro lol, i would love to see a video or some ss of your xbmc setup for some ideas.
does sportsdevil have good quality and all the nfl games?
and yes hub/talk messed my xbmc up twice then i got it fixed and then i accidentally deleted my settings2 for ptvl i had been working on all week. i had about 70 channels set up with proper tv guide info and everything so at that point i was like im not doing it again lol

I've been there. I backup my PTVL setting2 after every major change.

Sportdevil quality is okay... Not HD! But viewable.
Working on BCT's any suggestions while I set it up?
As of now features will include:

Bumpers from local folder only.
Trailers from local or youtube.
Commercials from local and advertolog.com.

They will automaticly interweave between channels following users settings.
BCT's and music channels are the only things missing from PTVL so I'm psyched to hear you are working on them...I can't believe I actually miss commercials -- but I do. Lol

also I hope to upload my new frosted glass skin tonight. Just gotta check multi-skin compatibility.
game trailers from youtube or rss.
(2013-10-29, 19:05)ARYEZ Wrote: BCT's and music channels are the only things missing from PTVL so I'm psyched to hear you are working on them...I can't believe I actually miss commercials -- but I do. Lol

also I hope to upload my new frosted glass skin tonight. Just gotta check multi-skin compatibility.

Not enough feedback is coming in on music channel... To me, the code looks fine and My build generates playlists and builds channels...
Need logs from users whose music channels don't work...

Also is autotune working well? limits working correctly? youtube limits working? just throwing this out there for anyone to answer...

Also to my knowledge the only bugs left are autotune EPG doesn't open on first launch and PTVL crashes on dead chtype 9 links... Music channel may or may not be working correctly.... that it?
I'll send you a log on my music channel build when I get home...btw is it possible to manually add music channels by editing the settings2.xml?
(2013-10-29, 19:07)scilz Wrote: game trailers from youtube or rss.

I will have an option for users to pick what youtube trailer channel to build from.
kool will we be able to build from just one youtube channel for bct's or as many as we want?
Ooooh BCTs is a big bonus. Really looking forward to that.
Anyone else use Last.fm? Plan to add an option to parse users played music to music videos channel...

Also trying to find the best way to use youtube for auto tuning music video channels...any suggestions?
Yup, I have been known to use it. Sounds like an interesting plan
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45