• 75(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-11-09, 19:17)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-11-09, 19:09)genbap Wrote: I built a directory of streams using youtube channels. I took channels from my subscriptions and made a .strm file with one link in each file. PTVL seems to have read the directory and the channel shows up in the epg but will not play. Should this work or have I attempted something that will not work?

Why are you using the youtube strm files and not the youtube chtype channel?

Are you trying to make a custom channel using youtube strms?

Yes. I have several YouTube channels with the same theme with which I am trying to make a custom channel.
(2013-11-09, 19:35)genbap Wrote:
(2013-11-09, 19:17)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-11-09, 19:09)genbap Wrote: I built a directory of streams using youtube channels. I took channels from my subscriptions and made a .strm file with one link in each file. PTVL seems to have read the directory and the channel shows up in the epg but will not play. Should this work or have I attempted something that will not work?

Why are you using the youtube strm files and not the youtube chtype channel?

Are you trying to make a custom channel using youtube strms?

Yes. I have several YouTube channels with the same theme with which I am trying to make a custom channel.

The youtube strms being made... do they play on their own in XBMC?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
No. From the files menu, when I attempt to play one of the streams it says something like "playlist can't find next file." Maybe I should try to create and interleave YouTube chtype channels? or maybe add channels to favorites from youtube addon and then use that link to create strm files?
if you cant play it in xbmc then it is not gonna work in ptvl period.
(2013-11-09, 19:52)genbap Wrote: No. From the files menu, when I attempt to play one of the streams it says something like "playlist can't find next file." Maybe I should try to create and interleave YouTube chtype channels?

Let me generate some youtube strms on my end... and I'll let you know if somethings broken..

Update:: working on my end... strms generated from PTVL work in xbmc...

You need to track down why you are having a problem... I suggest you start clean, delete the youtube strm folder, generate new ones. Then test again.
If they still don't work... you need to test your youtube plugin make sure it's working...
(2013-11-09, 19:56)scilz Wrote: if you cant play it in xbmc then it is not gonna work in ptvl period.

is ustvnow working for you?
Added a channel to favourites from within the youtube addon. Tried that link to create a stream but received same "playlist can't find next file" error when I tried the play that stream. Oh well.
Probably have no idea what I am doing Luna and hate to waste your time. I created the stream file by opening Notepad++, create new file, pasted youtube channel link into the new file and saved it as a .strm file. I have tried this with just the youtube link "http://www.youtube.com/user/AussieGriller" and with the link created by xbmc favourites from youtube add on "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?channel=aussiegriller&login=true&path=%2froot%2fsubscriptions&user_feed=uploads&view_mode=subscriptions_favorites". Is it necessary to create a .strm file? not sure what you mean by "strms generated from PTVL,,,"? Youtube addon works fine. My created .strm files will not play from xbmc ->videos->files->directory location.
(2013-11-09, 20:28)genbap Wrote: Probably have no idea what I am doing Luna and hate to waste your time. I created the stream file by opening Notepad++, create new file, pasted youtube channel link into the new file and saved it as a .strm file. I have tried this with just the youtube link "http://www.youtube.com/user/AussieGriller" and with the link created by xbmc favourites from youtube add on "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?channel=aussiegriller&login=true&path=%2froot%2fsubscriptions&user_feed=uploads&view_mode=subscriptions_favorites". Is it necessary to create a .strm file? not sure what you mean by "strms generated from PTVL,,,"? Youtube addon works fine. My created .strm files will not play from xbmc ->videos->files->directory location.

where did you get the youtube strms if not the ones generated from PTVL??
You do know PTVL can create youtube channels on its own... without the need for strm files...
My post explains how I created the .strm files.... Yes. I have several individual YouTube channels working in PTVL (channel 10 types) and I can add any one of these individual channels to PTVL and they will work fine. I am trying to combine YouTube channels into one PTVL channel and assumed that creating .strm files from individual YouTube channels within a directory would be the best way to do that. So the question is (and perhaps where I should have started)... What is the best way to combine YouTube channels into one PTVL channel?
(2013-11-09, 20:50)genbap Wrote: My post explains how I created the .strm files.... Yes. I have several individual YouTube channels working in PTVL (channel 10 types) and I can add any one of these individual channels to PTVL and they will work fine. I am trying to combine YouTube channels into one PTVL channel and assumed that creating .strm files from individual YouTube channels within a directory would be the best way to do that. So the question is (and perhaps where I should have started)... What is the best way to combine YouTube channels into one PTVL channel?

Yeah.. I get what you want.. but if the strm won't work on your end then building a strm directory channel won't work for you...

Your best bet for mixing channels is to use PTVL's interleaving feature which can mix channels... but since youtube wasn't added to PTVL's channel configuration yet... you will have to manually do it.

If I was you I would, create the setup you want using the available channel types in PTVL's channel manager... then go back and manually change the types and info to youtube...
yes ustvnow plugin is working for me luna.
and what i do with youtube is i use ptvl to create strm files. then i scrape them into xbmc just like i would with a tv show. then i use other software to change genre to match genres i already have. then i add genres to ptvl works great i did have some problems just adding youtube playlist to ptvl they always started paused.
Thanks for your reply Luna. Due to some glitch in my setup I cannot access the advanced section of channel configuration in PTVL (don't know why but is on my end as you have observed).

However you can actually combine channels on YouTube into a collection. If you click on manage subscriptions you are given an option to create a collection - a grouping of selected channels from your subscriptions. This creates a new type of YouTube channel that looks like this: http://www.youtube.com/feed/SCsX5qVCeLgR...Vtc354q2NA (my actual collection of favorite BBQ channels). This feed type file is added to subscriptions on YouTube but thus far this type of subscription is not showing up in the my subscriptions in the xbmc YouTube addon so I am uncertain if it will work in PTVL.
i could not get collections to work at all threw ptvl and i tried for awhile lol if you figure that out plz share how to.
(2013-11-09, 21:56)scilz Wrote: i could not get collections to work at all threw ptvl and i tried for awhile lol if you figure that out plz share how to.

i did have some problems just adding youtube playlist to ptvl they always started paused.

I assumed when it did not show up in the youtube addon that it probably would not work in PTVL. Maybe need to get the developer of the youtube addon to work on adding "feed" type collection streams to his addon first so that luna would have something to work with (if that is how it works). scliz I had the same problem with playlists in PTVL - finally gave up trying to get them to work.
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45