• 78(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I'm going to be adding a Donor feature to show my appreciation for those of you who have and continue to support my work.

All users who donated past and present will receive a PM with a username and password. PM's won't start for another few weeks, please be patient (no requests for username and password please).

VIP access at release will build a few autotune channels from a private server that requires a username and password. ATM it isn't much, but I do plan on adding features (content oriented).

Disclaimer:: Donations do not guarantee any type of special service in anyway, this is just my way of saying thank you...

For non-donors, this project was always intended as a hobby; All features originally planned will be added...

I also want to add that I never started this project as a way to provide content... PTV should be viewed as a "Media Player" you provide the content, it plays it...
But I do see the need for users to share and access easily accessible content... So VIP features will lean toward media aggregation...

Planned VIP features will include:
  • Private server LiveTV, InternetTV autotune channels.
    Preconfigured XMLTV files for all LiveTV autotune channels (no setup required).
    VIP Community InternetTV Channel w/ access to help maintain channel information.
*Features listed above are not guaranteed.

Thanks again for everyones support...

I want to stress that this is just my way of saying thank you for your donations...
No one should feel obligated to donate if they do not want to...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-11-12, 22:12)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm going to be adding a Donor feature to show my appreciation for those of you who have and continue to support my work.

All users who donated past and present will receive a PM with a username and password. PM's won't start for another few weeks, please be patient (no requests for username and password please).

VIP access at release will build a few autotune channels from a private server that requires a username and password. ATM it isn't much, but I do plan on adding features (content oriented).

Disclaimer:: Donations do not guarantee any type of special service in anyway, this is just my way of saying thank you...

For non-donors, this project was always intended as a hobby; All features originally planned will be added...

I also want to add that I never started this project as a way to provide content... PTV should be viewed as a "Media Player" you provide the content, it plays it...
But I do see the need for users to share and access easily accessible content... So VIP features will lean toward media aggregation...

Planned VIP features will include:
  • Private server LiveTV, InternetTV autotune channels.
    Preconfigured XMLTV files for all LiveTV autotune channels (no setup required).
    VIP Community InternetTV Channel w/ access to help maintain channel information.
    More to come...
*Features listed above are not guaranteed.

Thanks again for everyones support...

Very nice! Btw, where is the "buy a shot" link I've seen people reference?
First post.
(2013-11-12, 22:22)Guile Wrote: Very nice! Btw, where is the "buy a shot" link I've seen people reference?

Bottom of post 1
Cool, thanks!
Call me blind if you must but can someone point me in the right direction if I want to make a channel dedicated to a certain twitch.tv page?
like everytime I tune into the channel it will play the live stream from a certain twitch.tv page

Im sure this is possible but I having a difficult figuring out if its LiveTV or InternetTV and finding the right source.

thanks ahead of time!
@luna that looks really cool. Personally I have never felt "obligated" to donate, I've followed this thread since its start, and I see how hard you work. For the last 5 months it seems that not a day has gone by where you haven't done something to PTVL. Your "hobby" has enhanced mine and others systems, with little effort on our part. You continually improve this program while adding new features, only asking for some feedback, a little patience, and to read the first post againBig Grin. Donations are my way a saying thank you for your hard work.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
Hi everyone.
i would like to suggest a feature.

to get everything nice and fresh i am deleting each night the cache folder and have a windows machine open up remotly (via putty) the PTVL so it will generate the channels.

can it be added to the settings so i can schedule a channel refresh/rebuild in the background for lets say 4 am so i wont have to wait for it once opened.?
even as a schedule task to run in the background .

thanks
Luna - thank you for continued development. Looking forward to the PM in the next few weeks. Cheers!
(2013-11-13, 12:02)EZ1976 Wrote: Hi everyone.

to get everything nice and fresh i am deleting each night the cache folder and have a windows machine open up remotly (via putty) the PTVL so it will generate the channels.

can it be added to the settings so i can schedule a channel refresh/rebuild in the background for lets say 4 am so i wont have to wait for it once opened.?

thanks

Deleting the cache folder is not required...
only suggested while using my master; since things are constantly changing sometimes things break...
Otherwise Pseudo already handles cache maintenance... So don't make it a habit to delete it, its required and important that you leave it alone...

(2013-11-13, 09:29)shess757 Wrote: @luna that looks really cool. Personally I have never felt "obligated" to donate, I've followed this thread since its start, and I see how hard you work. For the last 5 months it seems that not a day has gone by where you haven't done something to PTVL. Your "hobby" has enhanced mine and others systems, with little effort on our part. You continually improve this program while adding new features, only asking for some feedback, a little patience, and to read the first post againBig Grin. Donations are my way a saying thank you for your hard work.

Thanks

(2013-11-13, 15:36)bry- Wrote: Luna - thank you for continued development. Looking forward to the PM in the next few weeks. Cheers!

Yes, everyone will either get a PM or an email to their paypal email address...
Luna,

Let me start by saying your work on this is amazing....I am having an issue after updating to the latest master....Now every time I open up PTV it updates all of my channels...i tried setting the update to weekly, monthly, etc....nothing changes...it takes several minutes to load now every time...it only did that once in a while before....any ideas?
(2013-11-13, 15:47)Lunatixz Wrote: [quote='EZ1976' pid='1549525' dateline='1384336957']
Hi everyone.

thanks
Quote:Deleting the cache folder is not required...
only suggested while using my master; since things are constantly changing sometimes things break...
Otherwise Pseudo already handles cache maintenance... So don't make it a habit to delete it, its required and important that you leave it alone...

i just read your comment and at the same time teh querying database popped and starting refreshing Smile
can i schedule the refresh for midnight?
do i still leave the update frequency to daily?
Has the bug involving special characters in TV channels been solved? I was trying to avoid using channels, but since I can't find a working solution to editing genres (same show on multiple channels), I figured the shows would only show up once according to their channel tag.

I also had a request/suggestion, is it possible to add in min/max to channels created? I get a couple channels with only a single show, and others with hundreds of entries. Would it be possible to merge the less populated channels together(maybe with shared genre tags)?
(2013-11-13, 19:15)jsketto Wrote: Luna,

Let me start by saying your work on this is amazing....I am having an issue after updating to the latest master....Now every time I open up PTV it updates all of my channels...i tried setting the update to weekly, monthly, etc....nothing changes...it takes several minutes to load now every time...it only did that once in a while before....any ideas?

Anyone else have this problem?!
(2013-11-14, 14:03)jsketto Wrote:
(2013-11-13, 19:15)jsketto Wrote: Luna,

Anyone else have this problem?!

It looks like @XvMMvX had a similar issue in post 1145. Luna asked them for some details about the issue
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45