• 80(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I have recently installed Pseudo TV Live and everything seems to be working perfectly. Great Job Lunatixc!

I have one quick question. When I am watching my HDHomerun channels I noticed I can not rewind the stream. I can pause and restart, but fast forward and rewind does not appear to work. Is that a limitation of the underlying technology, or is there a problem with my installation.

Thanks,

B
(2013-11-18, 06:10)Lunatixz Wrote: Feedback from hdhomerun users needed. Would you prefer using hdhomeruns generated strms? Or would you like ptvl to scan for available channels and build from that... the latter seems redundant since I'm sure the first thing hdhomerun users do is run a channel scan.

For me use the hdhomerun strms. Like you said first thing I did was run a scan.

Another thought is there a version number somewhere in the master zip file on page 1? Just wondering so I'd know if there was an updated version out.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
You can tell by the date last updated... wither an update was pushed. Also post 1 gets an update under change log.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-11-18, 06:10)Lunatixz Wrote: Feedback from hdhomerun users needed. Would you prefer using hdhomeruns generated strms? Or would you like ptvl to scan for available channels and build from that... the latter seems redundant since I'm sure the first thing hdhomerun users do is run a channel scan.

Generated strm files in a specified location. I only use about half of the channels generated by hdhomerun. Sorry public access tv and cspan.
Yeah I'd second that comment...generated stream files seems to be the way to go. Either from a specific folder or from a XML file.
Yeah I'd second that comment...generated stream files seems to be the way to go. Either from a specific folder or from a XML file.
(2013-11-18, 18:50)ARYEZ Wrote: Yeah I'd second that comment...generated stream files seems to be the way to go. Either from a specific folder or from a XML file.

Yeah, I agree...
So I will add an option to generate from a folder containing hdhomerun strms. Any ideas of how to match those strms to xmltv data? do you rename the channels found to their proper channel ids? ie NBC = WNBC
(2013-11-16, 21:24)Daavid Wrote: Varjo, your best bet for help on the issue is to turn on debug mode and provide a log. More than likely the issue is something related to your media rather than PTVL as most users are not seeing that sort of issue. Out of curiosity, what length do your shows have noted when just viewing their info in the library?
Shows display the correct runtime for their episodes in the library.
What is it exactly that you are looking for from the log(s)? I'm pretty new with xbmc and unclear what could provide usefull info for you.
Well the info isn't really for me, it's for the Dev to use to track if there really is an issue. 9 times out of 10 issues are local problems not to do with PTVL.
hold off updated to the latest git... some skin issues with the skin selector
(2013-11-19, 02:49)Lunatixz Wrote: hold off updated to the latest git... some skin issues with the skin selector

Was wondering about Tman's PTV skin and if/how it works with ptvlive.
(2013-11-19, 05:46)Guile Wrote:
(2013-11-19, 02:49)Lunatixz Wrote: hold off updated to the latest git... some skin issues with the skin selector

Was wondering about Tman's PTV skin and if/how it works with ptvlive.

Pm me a link I will take a look
Update::

New Options added...

UPDATE:: This feature isn't working correctly... I will fix later...
Skin Selector: Choose between supported skins.
There is also an option to use old ptv skins that match your currently installed xbmc skins (If you are using xbmc skin neon, PTVL will use the neon skin if found).
Those skins are old and may not work correctly... If any skilled skinners want to fix them up; go for it... Needless to say they are unsupported (No forum support for those skins)!

TMANS skin also falls under this category, if you have aeon.nox skin inuse this should be the default skin...

Also added two new skin options:

Use Color Overlay Logo: Switch Overlay (not EPG) Channel logo from white to color. If you are using channel logos (nbc.png, nbc_c.png) _c = color logo. It will switch the Overlay from white to color. This doesn't affect the channel bug, only the overlay logo.

Use Selected Skins Channel Logos: Some users like to change the Channels EPG and Overlay logos to match their skin... Add your custom logos to the "images" folder under a specific skin.
When enabled, each time you switch skins PTVL will change the folder where logos are found to match the skin you are using. If left disabled your chosen logo folder will be left as is...
not sure if this is a bug or just my new pc but when i switch channels i have to wait like 25 seconds before i can do anything (change channel,open guide,ect)
(2013-11-19, 22:10)scilz Wrote: not sure if this is a bug or just my new pc but when i switch channels i have to wait like 25 seconds before i can do anything (change channel,open guide,ect)

Nope not a bug... system performance issue.

If xbmc is busy doing things... and the system is taxed... PTVL may appear to stall.
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45