• 83(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Awesome, I'll try to take a look today.
just keeps getting better

has anyone tried running ptvl on ouya? if so did it work?
Hey not to be a broken record but I'm gonna ask this again...

Can everyone that's active on this forum take a minute and try to autotune some music genre channels and upload a log?

As PTVL is getting closer to final build this is still the one channel type that is still not really working. The code is there but Luna needs as much data as possible to get it working.

So everyone please take a few minutes, autotune some music genre channels and upload a log, so we can get this final channel type working.
I do not have my music added to the xbmc library - will do so eventually. Seems very tedious and off-putting.
FWIW so long as your music is tagged it's very straightforward and simple to set up and Xbmc does a great job with music...much nicer presentation than Pandora or Lastfm on your tv for instance.
(2013-11-22, 18:55)bry- Wrote: I do not have my music added to the xbmc library - will do so eventually. Seems very tedious and off-putting.

I've been going through mine the last few months getting it in xbmc. I was a chore but I'm very happy I did, although the music features of xbmc are.....neglected not sure what else to call it. I think there is a lot of potential just not a lot of interest. I used MediaMonkey to organize and tag everything it worked pretty good, just time consuming.

I'll get some logs in the next day or two, I've been meaning to for a while. I completely reorganized my channels and in the process messed up my settings2 just now getting it cleaned up.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
(2013-11-22, 20:00)shess757 Wrote:
(2013-11-22, 18:55)bry- Wrote: I do not have my music added to the xbmc library - will do so eventually. Seems very tedious and off-putting.

I've been going through mine the last few months getting it in xbmc. I was a chore but I'm very happy I did, although the music features of xbmc are.....neglected not sure what else to call it. I think there is a lot of potential just not a lot of interest. I used MediaMonkey to organize and tag everything it worked pretty good, just time consuming.

MediaMonkey user here as well - just have to go through and really make sure all is well before I add to xbmc. I have everything sorted and working I just happened to change some settings while working my way through my library so things are inconsistent tag wise. Folder structure is perfect though.
i have no music or i would lol
(2013-11-21, 22:12)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-11-21, 21:30)EZ1976 Wrote: hey guys
i have a question:
if i set my channel refresh for daily, i can go in the evening and i will have to wait a good 5-15 minutes till all of my channels are populated.

i asked this before but cant recall if you answered it, it would be cool to have a background channel rebuild/refresh.
something to schedule for 3am and never have to see the "channel 18 added"

that way i will have all my channels always ready to go.
i saw it refreshed in the middle of the day but i couldnt do anything with xbmc till the refresh was done (since it did the refresh in a window on top of everything else - if you know what i ment)

thanks

I think u might be over using the refresh option.. .

Chtype 8 rebuilds daily.... Non configurable.

All others by default build automatically, which means when the playlist is at the end.

Rebuilding chtype 9-11 should be weekly depending on how often you watch and the limit you set.

In many cases rebuilding the above type daily would just regenerate the same playlist you had prior to rebuild.

All other types depended on how often new content is added. A channel setup for newly available shows should be set for daily reset.

basically you should be setting rebuild per channel not in general.

Thanks for the tips.
how can i change the rebuild per channel?
can i schedule the regenerate daily in the background?
the idea is that i dont nned to open PTVL in order to regenerate the files but have it in the background without prompt
I know you guys have thought about it. Xbox One voice commands with PseudoTV Live. I'm going to put some time into this over the weekend and see what I can come up with, but has anyone else already given it a shot?
you can install xbmc on xbox1Huh??
(2013-11-22, 22:22)zachmo826 Wrote: I know you guys have thought about it. Xbox One voice commands with PseudoTV Live. I'm going to put some time into this over the weekend and see what I can come up with, but has anyone else already given it a shot?

xbox one doesn't have an api how would you communicate with your HTPC?

if you can access the mic on xbox one a redirect it to your soundcard on your htpc
you could use eventghost with vox command.

(2013-11-22, 22:36)scilz Wrote: you can install xbmc on xbox1Huh??

No you can't! I think ppl are on the pipe, lol
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-11-22, 22:45)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-11-22, 22:22)zachmo826 Wrote: I know you guys have thought about it. Xbox One voice commands with PseudoTV Live. I'm going to put some time into this over the weekend and see what I can come up with, but has anyone else already given it a shot?

if you can access the mic on xbox one a redirect it to your soundcard on your htpc

I'd be trying this by piping the htpc in through the hdmi in, and using EventGhost to interpret IR commands from the Kinect. Not going to be 100% voice driven at this point but I want to see how close I can get. I may be able to configure EventGhost to kick off XBMC and configure psuedoTV to launch on startup, if it's not already open. Then I'd have to try to match whatever guide data i can get from Xbox to match up with my programmed channels. Program data would be wrong, but I could at least say xbox go to hbo, and have that go to my PseudoTV HBO channel.

I'm hoping I can make some macros that eventghost can kick off to fill in the gaps from lack of voice commands, but we'll see, I haven't even gotten it yet.
would it not be easier to use one of the many voice software for pc and better?
(2013-11-22, 22:49)zachmo826 Wrote:
(2013-11-22, 22:45)Lunatixz Wrote:

I'd be trying this by piping the htpc in through the hdmi in, and using EventGhost to interpret IR commands from the Kinect. Not going to be 100% voice driven at this point but I want to see how close I can get. I may be able to configure EventGhost to kick off XBMC and configure psuedoTV to launch on startup, if it's not already open. Then I'd have to try to match whatever guide data i can get from Xbox to match up with my programmed channels. Program data would be wrong, but I could at least say xbox go to hbo, and have that go to my PseudoTV HBO channel.

I'm hoping I can make some macros that eventghost can kick off to fill in the gaps from lack of voice commands, but we'll see, I haven't even gotten it yet.

are you talking about capturing the cec using a usb device? because you will never get any voice commands nor any xbox commands through hdmi...you might as well leave hdmi out of it since it won't do anything for you...

(2013-11-22, 23:06)scilz Wrote: would it not be easier to use one of the many voice software for pc and better?

Nod
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45