• 85(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I'd say drop it for an optional download. If I get a chance in the next day or two I'll get a log for music and one for new release. Have to squeeze in between family watching TV so It's hard for me to get time for testing on my HTPC.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
(2013-11-24, 23:23)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-11-24, 22:43)blazin912 Wrote: Been a while, learned to live with a lot of the bugs in my version of this fork, but with all the hard work that's been going on I'm thinking about updating to the latest.

Luna -- How does the error handler work? ie Does it validate a channel, or the files. I'd assume it's more for 24/7 type stream channels than a playlist of stream files? If this checks each stream file in a channel that would be excellent and will clear up 90% of the bugs I have in my system.

Really great work you've been putting out, I may have time this coming week to load a system with the latest and try the master build out. I'm excited .

Hey, been awhile...

Added error handling to chtype 8 and 9. Trying to make PTVL crash proof.

For Chtype 8; before a channel is built PTVL will check for a valid xmltv file, if one is found it will check if the stream is working.
If both pass the channel is built. This should end black screen crashes.

Chtype 9 does the same stream test but no xmltv test.

No strm error handling... ATM

Is the error handling for chtype 8 switchable in latest master (can you turn it off?)? Many of my chtype 8's are satellite channels from an old "C" band satellite system using the VuPlus PVR - it would take forever for PTVL to move the dish to each satellite and validate each channel stream (40+ channels over 12 or so satellites). Working really well at the moment.
(2013-11-25, 00:57)Redkiller223 Wrote: Anyone else (Latest 1.9) having trouble after clicking on channel configuration? Error Script Failed! : config.py
My version is displaying as 0.1.6? I am missing features(override button), I have deleted addon data/addon and downloaded from both the master link, and main repository. I did this yesterday when there was a latest commit of 4 hours ago(at time of download). Huh
I've been testing a few PVR snippets of code and feel fairly confident that it should work well with PTVL.

PVR features that are planned will be based on Chtype, pressing 'rec' on your remote will trigger different events.

Local media = add show to sickbeard/couchpotato
hdhomerun:// = direct record
rtmp:// = direct download
youtube/rss channel = direct download
pvr:// = record through backend

at the moment the main drawback is the media selected to record has to be playing at the time of queuing (this is because I have to work within the framework of PTV).
If testing goes well, and the feature is positively received. I may put the time into building up a schedule recording feature.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Just grabbed the newest. Channel config works again, but won't generate any channels when started up. Just a black screen of death and a mouse pointer. Cache is empty. No crash log.
(2013-11-24, 23:55)Lunatixz Wrote: Anyone using the old PTV skins included in my build??

its killing the file size... thinking of dropping it... maybe include it as an optional download?

Aren't you pretty much the only one supporting PTV at this point? I haven't seen a post from Jason or updates to the orginal PTV for 6 months!
(2013-11-25, 19:17)Redkiller223 Wrote: Just grabbed the newest. Channel config works again, but won't generate any channels when started up. Just a black screen of death and a mouse pointer. Cache is empty. No crash log.

I think u missed an update... Try latest master.
(2013-11-25, 19:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-11-25, 19:17)Redkiller223 Wrote: Just grabbed the newest. Channel config works again, but won't generate any channels when started up. Just a black screen of death and a mouse pointer. Cache is empty. No crash log.

Yeah my fault. I have a bad habit of trying to install from zip instead of replacing folders. Rofl

Optimize config option is giving an error Script failed! :defrag. I don't know what it does but just thought i'd let you know. Keep up the good work.
(2013-11-25, 19:28)ThorC1138 Wrote:
(2013-11-24, 23:55)Lunatixz Wrote: Anyone using the old PTV skins included in my build??

its killing the file size... thinking of dropping it... maybe include it as an optional download?

Aren't you pretty much the only one supporting PTV at this point? I haven't seen a post from Jason or updates to the orginal PTV for 6 months!

I'm always suprised to see people even still use the original version of PTV...Jason has basically been gone since Frodo launched and besides why use a stripped down version? But hey to each his own I suppose.
(2013-11-25, 19:56)Redkiller223 Wrote:
(2013-11-25, 19:38)Lunatixz Wrote:

Yeah my fault. I have a bad habit of trying to install from zip instead of replacing folders. Rofl

Optimize config option is giving an error Script failed! :defrag. I don't know what it does but just thought i'd let you know. Keep up the good work.

Optimize isn't working correctly right now, I will fix down the road...
The repository zip gives me an error it says that the file doesn't have the correct structure.
(2013-11-25, 23:48)MrsAngelD Wrote: The repository zip gives me an error it says that the file doesn't have the correct structure.

manually install!
(2013-11-25, 20:23)ARYEZ Wrote:
(2013-11-25, 19:28)ThorC1138 Wrote:

I'm always suprised to see people even still use the original version of PTV...Jason has basically been gone since Frodo launched and besides why use a stripped down version? But hey to each his own I suppose.

I have no interest in streaming channels, so I've been sticking with original PTV for now, but will make the switch to PTVL likely once Gotham comes out, and just continue to use the local media options as sources.

I do hope more skins start incorporating it soon, and make unique EPG's and Overlay/Info screens for it, like what we had with PTV. Too many new skinners are ignoring PTV/PTVL altogether, IMHO
(2013-11-22, 22:49)zachmo826 Wrote: I'd be trying this by piping the htpc in through the hdmi in, and using EventGhost to interpret IR commands from the Kinect. Not going to be 100% voice driven at this point but I want to see how close I can get. I may be able to configure EventGhost to kick off XBMC and configure psuedoTV to launch on startup, if it's not already open. Then I'd have to try to match whatever guide data i can get from Xbox to match up with my programmed channels. Program data would be wrong, but I could at least say xbox go to hbo, and have that go to my PseudoTV HBO channel.

I'm hoping I can make some macros that eventghost can kick off to fill in the gaps from lack of voice commands, but we'll see, I haven't even gotten it yet.

I'm working on an xbox one integration project with the raspberry pi as a "man in the middle". I have an IR receiver wired to the GPIO pins, and I'm working on an app that will respond to the Xbox One's IR codes by invoking the XBMC JSON RPC API. I haven't extensively looked at the API yet, so I don't know how much (if any) control you can have over an addon that is running, but I do know that you can set LiveTV channels in the standard LiveTV interface, and you can at least launch an addon.

Also, there's the issue of the OneGuide not being able to display what's on PTVL, other than live channels. That makes me wonder how hard it would be to trick the xb1 into getting its guide data from a proxy...
Xbox one xbmc integration was painless for me since I'm running windows setup with eventghost. All I had to do was set xbox to use "Microsoft" ir codes (ie MCE codes).
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45