• 87(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Upcoming changes to TVDB/TMDB will not limit parsing in favor of less channel rebuilding...

Pretty much, If you enable TVDB/TMDB and have not limited your XMLTV data to only a few days, then you should expect a lengthy "onetime" startup only required when channel rebuild is needed.
Rebuilding will no longer be required on every load, Only when parsed data is old...

The ideal setup would be to grab three days worth of xmltv data.
Depending on your setup with TVDB/TMDB enabled parsing is under a minute in most cases (depending on how many live tv channels you have).
PTVL will only require reparsing of xmltv and tvdb/tmdb data every three days, the rest of the time startup will load directly from playlist.

Enabling TVDB/TMDB is only required for upcoming PVR/Sickbeard/Couchpotato and Enhanced LiveTV GUI (ie. Fanart, Posters, Banners, Season/Episode info (required for trakt reporting) and genre colors).
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-11-27, 01:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-11-27, 01:25)blazin912 Wrote: Well just tried this, looks like settings2.xml has changed format..

Think I got that figured out, but my EPG won't load at all.

Here's my testing version of settings2.xml

I turned off channel sharing as well to ensure it does not get updated from my slave HTPC.

Any thoughts? Feel like I need to re-educate myself on this, which was what I was hoping to prevent Sad

Code:
<setting id="Version" value="2.1.0" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_type" value="8" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_1" value="XXXXXX.tmsdatadirect.com" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_2" value="hdhomerun://XXXXXXXX/tuner0?channel=8vsb:503000000&program=3" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_3" value="xmltv" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rulecount" value="2" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_time" value="0" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1" value="PBS" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_2_id" value="13" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_2_opt_1" value="1" />
    <setting id="LastResetTime" value="1385508157" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_SetResetTime" value="1385594375" />
LOG?

I'll grab one the next time through, had to revert to the old version to keep the WAF high, next time i'll try it out on the slave system so I have more time to fudge around without impacting her tv schedule Smile Just wanted to shoot it past you to see if there was an obvious issue when migrating from version 0.1.0 to the latest master build.
(2013-11-27, 02:07)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-11-27, 01:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-11-27, 01:25)blazin912 Wrote: Well just tried this, looks like settings2.xml has changed format..

Think I got that figured out, but my EPG won't load at all.

Here's my testing version of settings2.xml

I turned off channel sharing as well to ensure it does not get updated from my slave HTPC.

Any thoughts? Feel like I need to re-educate myself on this, which was what I was hoping to prevent Sad

Code:
<setting id="Version" value="2.1.0" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_type" value="8" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_1" value="XXXXXX.tmsdatadirect.com" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_2" value="hdhomerun://XXXXXXXX/tuner0?channel=8vsb:503000000&program=3" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_3" value="xmltv" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rulecount" value="2" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_time" value="0" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1" value="PBS" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_2_id" value="13" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_2_opt_1" value="1" />
    <setting id="LastResetTime" value="1385508157" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_SetResetTime" value="1385594375" />
LOG?

I'll grab one the next time through, had to revert to the old version to keep the WAF high, next time i'll try it out on the slave system so I have more time to fudge around without impacting her tv schedule Smile Just wanted to shoot it past you to see if there was an obvious issue when migrating from version 0.1.0 to the latest master build.

Config looks fine, just make sure your "xmltv" is the name of the file (without extension) and path in settings is correct.

Change:

To:

<setting id="Channel_2_changed" value="True" />
Just found this amazing Plugin, thank you Luna for all your hardwork in your ongoing development, this is exactly what I was looking for to cut the cord. I just need to set it up to make it family friendly with a working EPG and the fam will love it. I've only been playing with XBMC for a few days so sorry if these questions are newbish, still reading through this entire thread and some previous ones I found. So far I've figured out most things, but I've run into some problems and hoping someone can help out. I got USTVNow working with the EPG and want to get more live streams working to make it appear to be exactly like Cable TV would be.

1. When trying to get an 24/7 strm file into the PTVL I can't figure out how to get the channel to play. When I point to the strm file using in XBMC, it plays fine but can't get it in PTVL. I think it is because I don't understand how to create a corresponding .nfo file and I can't find any examples of how to create a .nfo for a 24/7 streams. Luna previously posted dropbox links that had examples but it no longer exist so if someone could help give me by providing an example, that would be really helpful. I also tried Ember to help create one, but still don't understand how to use it. I am using Channel Type 9 as suggested and smb:// to point at the strm file.

2. Is there an easy way to get the URL of streams from the plugins? I read somewhere to favorite them and find favorites.xml to get the URL. Is this the suggested method? I'm looking to pull from Navi-x and Mashup but not sure the best way to get the stream information.

I'm sure I will have more questions as I keep playing with it. THANKS!
I know this is more of a hardware question, but can anyone tell me what type of results they have had with any of the smaller set-top type boxes and psuedotv. I just bought the pivos and with the linux version on it, it is great for everything except changing channels on pseudotv. Anyone else have better luck with the pivos, ugoos or anything else in that $100 range?
(2013-11-27, 20:32)Indy_star Wrote: Just found this amazing Plugin, thank you Luna for all your hardwork in your ongoing development, this is exactly what I was looking for to cut the cord. I just need to set it up to make it family friendly with a working EPG and the fam will love it. I've only been playing with XBMC for a few days so sorry if these questions are newbish, still reading through this entire thread and some previous ones I found. So far I've figured out most things, but I've run into some problems and hoping someone can help out. I got USTVNow working with the EPG and want to get more live streams working to make it appear to be exactly like Cable TV would be.

1. When trying to get an 24/7 strm file into the PTVL I can't figure out how to get the channel to play. When I point to the strm file using in XBMC, it plays fine but can't get it in PTVL. I think it is because I don't understand how to create a corresponding .nfo file and I can't find any examples of how to create a .nfo for a 24/7 streams. Luna previously posted dropbox links that had examples but it no longer exist so if someone could help give me by providing an example, that would be really helpful. I also tried Ember to help create one, but still don't understand how to use it. I am using Channel Type 9 as suggested and smb:// to point at the strm file.

2. Is there an easy way to get the URL of streams from the plugins? I read somewhere to favorite them and find favorites.xml to get the URL. Is this the suggested method? I'm looking to pull from Navi-x and Mashup but not sure the best way to get the stream information.

play whatever strm you want to add from navi-x or mashup then open xbmc log and scroll to the bottom and look for it. then copy it into a strm file and use directory channel to point to the strm or add the rtmp info into ptvl settings2 as a chantype 9. i recently got dish network and lost my motivation for collecting strms but i have a ton that i had been working on im going to make a pack of strms,logo's,channel id's, ect for you guys before i clean my pc up.ill post it sometime in the next few weeks.
(2013-11-27, 22:36)scilz Wrote:
(2013-11-27, 20:32)Indy_star Wrote: Just found this amazing Plugin, thank you Luna for all your hardwork in your ongoing development, this is exactly what I was looking for to cut the cord. I just need to set it up to make it family friendly with a working EPG and the fam will love it. I've only been playing with XBMC for a few days so sorry if these questions are newbish, still reading through this entire thread and some previous ones I found. So far I've figured out most things, but I've run into some problems and hoping someone can help out. I got USTVNow working with the EPG and want to get more live streams working to make it appear to be exactly like Cable TV would be.

play whatever strm you want to add from navi-x or mashup then open xbmc log and scroll to the bottom and look for it. then copy it into a strm file and use directory channel to point to the strm or add the rtmp info into ptvl settings2 as a chantype 9. i recently got dish network and lost my motivation for collecting strms but i have a ton that i had been working on im going to make a pack of strms,logo's,channel id's, ect for you guys before i clean my pc up.ill post it sometime in the next few weeks.

That sounds Awesome thanks so much for thinking of doing such a thing. Big Grin
(2013-11-27, 22:36)scilz Wrote: ... i have a ton that i had been working on im going to make a pack of strms,logo's,channel id's, ect for you guys before i clean my pc up.ill post it sometime in the next few weeks.

Yes PLEASE !!

...and Thank You very much for that effort.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
Just wanted to pass this information on, if you use the skin Aeon Nox you'll noticed that pstvl isn't skinned like pstv is. To fix this shut down xbmc and then go to

Code:
Your XBMC Directory/addons/skin.aeon.nox/1080i/

and find the following files

Code:
script.pseudotv.AdvancedConfig.xml
script.pseudotv.ChannelConfig.xml
script.pseudotv.EPG.xml
script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml

make copies of them and rename them to

Code:
script.pseudotv.live.AdvancedConfig.xml
script.pseudotv.live.ChannelConfig.xml
script.pseudotv.live.EPG.xml
script.pseudotv.live.TVOverlay.xml

and now pstvl will be skinned as well
Youtube question...

I know it is possible to create PTVL channels based of YouTube channels, playlists and subscriptions...but is it possible to create a PTVL channel based off a YouTube show like this one for instance?

https://www.youtube.com/show/dailyfix
Luna - is it possible to see if you can integrate this add-on? VEVOTV.
(2013-11-27, 22:36)scilz Wrote: play whatever strm you want to add from navi-x or mashup then open xbmc log and scroll to the bottom and look for it. then copy it into a strm file and use directory channel to point to the strm or add the rtmp info into ptvl settings2 as a chantype 9. i recently got dish network and lost my motivation for collecting strms but i have a ton that i had been working on im going to make a pack of strms,logo's,channel id's, ect for you guys before i clean my pc up.ill post it sometime in the next few weeks.

Thanks scilz, when using directory channel, my strm's are loading and I am grabbing the URL's from the log as you suggest, much easier! rtmp in settings2 doesn't work for some reason, I must be doing something wrong, but as long as I have a working solution I'm happy.
Is it possible to make "live tv channel value8" from pvr without creating xmltv file?
(2013-11-27, 22:00)darkdantae Wrote: I know this is more of a hardware question, but can anyone tell me what type of results they have had with any of the smaller set-top type boxes and psuedotv. I just bought the pivos and with the linux version on it, it is great for everything except changing channels on pseudotv. Anyone else have better luck with the pivos, ugoos or anything else in that $100 range?

I have not had much success with anything less then quad core when it comes to set top boxes. eBay has a few quad core dual mali boxes in the sub $100 dollar range but they are not always easy to find. I have not tried the "sticks" yet.
(2013-11-28, 09:54)tromy Wrote: Is it possible to make "live tv channel value8" from pvr without creating xmltv file?

Yes chtype 9 is the same as 8 but without xmltv info...

(2013-11-28, 05:09)bry- Wrote: Luna - is it possible to see if you can integrate this add-on? VEVOTV.

VevoTV is already a part of autotuning, not sure how much more the vevotv plugin would add... I will take a look at what it has to offer.

(2013-11-28, 01:15)MrsAngelD Wrote: Just wanted to pass this information on, if you use the skin Aeon Nox you'll noticed that pstvl isn't skinned like pstv is. To fix this shut down xbmc and then go to

Code:
Your XBMC Directory/addons/skin.aeon.nox/1080i/

and find the following files

Code:
script.pseudotv.AdvancedConfig.xml
script.pseudotv.ChannelConfig.xml
script.pseudotv.EPG.xml
script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml

make copies of them and rename them to

Code:
script.pseudotv.live.AdvancedConfig.xml
script.pseudotv.live.ChannelConfig.xml
script.pseudotv.live.EPG.xml
script.pseudotv.live.TVOverlay.xml

and now pstvl will be skinned as well

Yes this method would override PTVL's skins in favor of using XBMC's provided PTV skin....

Just a note::

Using PTV skins isn't recommended for optimal viewing... I'm continuing to add enchantment to the gui that will not carry over to the old skins (unless someone updates them).

(2013-11-28, 02:09)ARYEZ Wrote: Youtube question...

I know it is possible to create PTVL channels based of YouTube channels, playlists and subscriptions...but is it possible to create a PTVL channel based off a YouTube show like this one for instance?

https://www.youtube.com/show/dailyfix

No, only the three types listed...
If you can find a python parser for "show" types send me the info and I will look into it...

I'm off to eat some turkey... Happy Thanksgiving!!
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45