• 98(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-12-04, 19:02)tomservo Wrote: First off, congrats on such an amazing job! Plugin works beautifully with all my local content.

I'm having trouble getting the LiveTV up and running. I am running v12, Windows 7 with a connected HDHomeRun (non-prime verison). I setup the tuner and grabbed the strm files and the homerun:// addresses. I have created an XMLTV file with a size of < 2mb and 3 days of data with MC2XML. Looking into the debug logs of XBMC it seems that PTVL is reading the xmltv file correctly but it doesn't populate anything into the .m3u playlist and it throws an error and causes PTVL to ignore the channel.

"10:46:49 T:9316 ERROR: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: Unable to get information about channel "

This has been driving me crazy because I believe everything is set correctly.

XBMC Debug log (grabbed only after PTVL loaded) : http://pastebin.com/vCZ7XL5h

settings2.xml

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_1" value="I54.28461336.microsoft.com" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_2" value="hdhomerun://103BB165-1/tuner1?channel=8vsb:207000000&program=1" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_3" value="xmltv" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="True" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_time" value="0" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="CBS Live" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_type" value="6" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_1" value="The Office (US)" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_2" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_3" value="50" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_rule_1_opt_1" value="The Office" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="LastResetTime" value="1386175609" />
    <setting id="Channel_2_time" value="0" />
    <setting id="LastExitTime" value="1386174835" />
</settings>

Got it. Since I saw the [OLD] next to most of the shows I dug into the xmltv and saw it was pulling in shows that had already past based on my mc2xml input. Minor EPG issue now but finally got it working.
(2013-12-04, 19:02)tomservo Wrote: First off, congrats on such an amazing job! Plugin works beautifully with all my local content.

I'm having trouble getting the LiveTV up and running. I am running v12, Windows 7 with a connected HDHomeRun (non-prime verison). I setup the tuner and grabbed the strm files and the homerun:// addresses. I have created an XMLTV file with a size of < 2mb and 3 days of data with MC2XML. Looking into the debug logs of XBMC it seems that PTVL is reading the xmltv file correctly but it doesn't populate anything into the .m3u playlist and it throws an error and causes PTVL to ignore the channel.

"10:46:49 T:9316 ERROR: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: Unable to get information about channel "

settings2.xml

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="Channel_1_2" value="hdhomerun://103BB165-1/tuner1?channel=8vsb:207000000&program=1" />
</settings>

I've never seen that error before, what are you doing leading up to it??
also I noticed you are running nextpvr, you might want to use that instead of hdhomerun... There is nothing wrong using hdhomerun:// but its tuner specific where nextpvr can balance between tuners.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-12-04, 08:14)scilz Wrote: i'm giving you guys a early Christmas gift only thing i ask is PLEASE DO NOT ASK ANY QUESTIONS BOUT THESE IN THIS THREAD. this thread is for luna to get feedback on ptvl not for you guys to bloat it with questions on how to add these streams. if you cant figure it out just read threw this thread all you need to know has already been answered here.
this is not finished but there is a lot of stuff in this some may not work also there are numbers after a lot of the names these are for xmltv data.
im going to clean my pc and just wanted to give this to you guys so my work can help you (did not want it to go to waste).
P.S if you don't have futubox or ustvnow paid sub don't expect those streams to work for you.

here it is https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1h172634d99d1...treams.rar

I beg your forgiveness in advance for my seemingly idiotic question,
but since I do not know how to incorporate these files (even after reading the first page numerous times lol),
does it mean I can play Comedy Central or any other *.strm file without having an antenna or tuner in my computer?
I have only managed to write Youtube channels into the settings2.xml

Again, I humble pray for your mercy and hope your head will not explode in rage.
Thank you in any case and have a great day Smile
(2013-12-04, 20:58)Lunatixz Wrote:

settings2.xml

Code:
<settings>
</settings>

I've never seen that error before, what are you doing leading up to it??
also I noticed you are running nextpvr, you might want to use that instead of hdhomerun... There is nothing wrong using hdhomerun:// but its tuner specific where nextpvr can balance between tuners.

The underlying issue was that I set my mc2xml wrong and it was only pulling in programs that had ended already. Caused the playlist to not be created, which I assume is due to some time matching to make sure you not pulling in really out of date info. I fixed it by adjusting my mc2xml settings and confirming that all programs in the xmltv file were current or future programs.

Yea my nextPVR isn't set up 100% but thanks for the advice. Something I will definitely look into..

Just a minor issue remains is the EPG isn't splitting out the shows out in the EPG and instead just blocks out the entire channel as the channel name. The .m3u playlist looks like it has all the programs split out correctly, but haven't figured that out quite yet. Its a low priority issue thou, as long as I actually have the channel.
(2013-12-04, 14:12)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-04, 11:05)gjwAudio Wrote: OpenELEC Error Log File(s):
Sooooo... blah, blah, blah

I found zip log files under /storage/logfiles They are created by date. Within the zip file you'll find a file called 01_xbmc.log with lots of information. This was the latest one I provided however I am not sure if it gave the information that was needed for debugging my issue as I still get the blank screen issue when trying to add Live TV channels to the latest master. Hope this helps!

@photo848:
Thanks for the reply. I'm aware of that set of logs, but don't know if they hold the info Luna needs for troubleshooting.

Curiously, the collection of zipped logs I find under /storage/logfiles does not reflect every time the system has been rebooted - there are large gaps in the timestamps, and nothing from recent days. I'm feeling the horror of a fresh install coming on...

It seems there are not many OpenELEC users in this thread -or- they're keeping very quiet Smile.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2013-12-04, 13:53)spiffyjim Wrote: ...Sometimes when I've been watching a channel for a few episodes and then I try to open the channel menu overlay to pick a new channel, I get the player controls instead (play, pause, etc.). So, I have to restart PTVL in order to change channels. I can't be sure, but I think it might be related to my YouTube channels. Has anyone else had this problem?

@spiffyjim: This has been my main experience with PTVL (since I'm determined to get the internetTV/streaming thing working, I haven't complicated matters with local media yet). The rudimentary first install of PTVL (with 4 predefined channels) is about as far as I get. Makes for a pretty frustrating session. Obviously more dedicated study is required.

(2013-12-04, 14:48)Lunatixz Wrote: There is a bug with YouTube that forces ptvl to close in the background. I'm looking into it...

Well thank you Luna for identifying the YouTube problem... no more cursing the TV and I can tick one item off the list Rofl
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2013-12-04, 21:16)MovieJunky Wrote:
(2013-12-04, 08:14)scilz Wrote: i'm giving you guys a early Christmas gift only thing i ask is PLEASE DO NOT ASK ANY QUESTIONS BOUT THESE IN THIS THREAD. this thread is for luna to get feedback on ptvl not for you guys to bloat it with questions on how to add these streams. if you cant figure it out just read threw this thread all you need to know has already been answered here.
this is not finished but there is a lot of stuff in this some may not work also there are numbers after a lot of the names these are for xmltv data.
im going to clean my pc and just wanted to give this to you guys so my work can help you (did not want it to go to waste).
P.S if you don't have futubox or ustvnow paid sub don't expect those streams to work for you.

here it is https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1h172634d99d1...treams.rar

I beg your forgiveness in advance for my seemingly idiotic question,
but since I do not know how to incorporate these files (even after reading the first page numerous times lol),
does it mean I can play Comedy Central or any other *.strm file without having an antenna or tuner in my computer?
I have only managed to write Youtube channels into the settings2.xml

Again, I humble pray for your mercy and hope your head will not explode in rage.
Thank you in any case and have a great day Smile

(2013-12-04, 21:24)tomservo Wrote: Just a minor issue remains is the EPG isn't splitting out the shows out in the EPG and instead just blocks out the entire channel as the channel name. The .m3u playlist looks like it has all the programs split out correctly, but haven't figured that out quite yet. Its a low priority issue thou, as long as I actually have the channel.

I know, it's because of my changes... I will include a fix with tonight update.

UPDATE:: Master was updated, should be okay to use...
(2013-12-04, 04:32)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-03, 02:34)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-03, 02:17)photo848 Wrote: I reverted back to your last older build you posted and had some success. I was able to load the live channel however it was buffering horribly. Are there some settings I need to change to prevent that? The channel works fine in the regular Live TV but was buffering in PTVL.

Buffering issues are unrelated to PTVL, you need to address any problems with your system, or network configurations...

I went back to your latest master and again ran into the blank screen issue. I was able to get Live TV channels with your older post from yesterday but the latest master is not working for me. There must be something different between the two that allows the Live TV to work with the older build? All of the TVDB items are unchecked as are all of the coming soon items. I still had the buffering issue when it was working so still need to figure that out too.

Luna,

I now realize that it's not just the Live TV channels that buffer but also the You Tube Channels. Anything that is identified as Channel_Type Value=11 seems to work fine but the You Tube Value=10 or the Live TV Value=8 buffers. I am kind of at a loss as to what my next steps are. Have you seen or encountered anything like this or have any ideas on how I can correct this? The videos only play about 3 seconds before buffering so unable to really use like that. Interestingly though both Live TV and just using the standalone You Tube plugin works fine outside of PTVL. If it's not due to PTVL does anyone else running Openelec have any ideas?

Thanks!
Edit: I'm a moron.. I was copying a very old xmltv file.. channels work great where there is up to date XMLTV data. Rofl
(2013-12-05, 03:44)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-04, 04:32)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-03, 02:34)Lunatixz Wrote: Buffering issues are unrelated to PTVL, you need to address any problems with your system, or network configurations...

I went back to your latest master and again ran into the blank screen issue. I was able to get Live TV channels with your older post from yesterday but the latest master is not working for me. There must be something different between the two that allows the Live TV to work with the older build? All of the TVDB items are unchecked as are all of the coming soon items. I still had the buffering issue when it was working so still need to figure that out too.

Luna,

I now realize that it's not just the Live TV channels that buffer but also the You Tube Channels. Anything that is identified as Channel_Type Value=11 seems to work fine but the You Tube Value=10 or the Live TV Value=8 buffers. I am kind of at a loss as to what my next steps are. Have you seen or encountered anything like this or have any ideas on how I can correct this? The videos only play about 3 seconds before buffering so unable to really use like that. Interestingly though both Live TV and just using the standalone You Tube plugin works fine outside of PTVL. If it's not due to PTVL does anyone else running Openelec have any ideas?

Thanks!

Here is the latest log file if that helps at all -> http://pastebin.com/yPChGdB8
(2013-12-05, 04:13)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-05, 03:44)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-04, 04:32)photo848 Wrote: I went back to your latest master and again ran into the blank screen issue. I was able to get Live TV channels with your older post from yesterday but the latest master is not working for me. There must be something different between the two that allows the Live TV to work with the older build? All of the TVDB items are unchecked as are all of the coming soon items. I still had the buffering issue when it was working so still need to figure that out too.

Luna,

Thanks!

Here is the latest log file if that helps at all -> http://pastebin.com/yPChGdB8

I hate to repeat myself... but buffering issues have nothing to do with PTVL...
If you say they play fine outside PTVL, than your system is to slow to run PTVL!
(2013-12-05, 05:12)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-05, 04:13)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-05, 03:44)photo848 Wrote: Luna,

Thanks!

I hate to repeat myself... but buffering issues have nothing to do with PTVL...
If you say they play fine outside PTVL, than your system is to slow to run PTVL!

I went back through all the pages and found in post #529 a suggestion to disable the cache in the You Tube plugin so I tried and it worked! The You Tube channels play great now. I really don't think my system is too slow but there could be a conflict somewhere.
I updated to your latest master tonight but I am still unable to load Live Tv Channels. The only version so far that successfully loaded them for me was the on you put up in post #1401 from the other day. Is there any difference between the latest master and that version that would cause the Live TV channels not to load for me in the latest master?
(2013-12-05, 05:35)photo848 Wrote: I updated to your latest master tonight but I am still unable to load Live Tv Channels. The only version so far that successfully loaded them for me was the on you put up in post #1401 from the other day. Is there any difference between the latest master and that version that would cause the Live TV channels not to load for me in the latest master?
The latest master still doesn't work for u?
(2013-12-05, 05:57)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-05, 05:35)photo848 Wrote: I updated to your latest master tonight but I am still unable to load Live Tv Channels. The only version so far that successfully loaded them for me was the on you put up in post #1401 from the other day. Is there any difference between the latest master and that version that would cause the Live TV channels not to load for me in the latest master?

No, it won"t load live tv channels, goes to a blank screen
(2013-12-05, 06:04)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-05, 05:57)Lunatixz Wrote:

No, it won"t load live tv channels, goes to a blank screen

I need to see logs.
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45