• 102(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-12-07, 22:04)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 21:01)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 20:33)photo848 Wrote: I bumped the level to 3, let me know if this isn't what you meant, thx
http://pastebin.com/CpdfSJmU

I happened to notice while looking through the log file that it was turned on to 3 and then changed to 1. I created another file using 2, please try this one if the one above doesn't provide the info you need.
-> https://www.dropbox.com/s/rq4o91geyijds0e/xbmc.log

Logs output is great, I can see the error and before I make any changes to my code, I need to ask.... Did you set a xmltv location in your settings? and in that folder location is there a file named xmltv.xml?

Yes, I have the xmltv location set to the /storage/PTVL folder in settings and the xmltv.xml file is in that folder - thx
(2013-12-07, 22:23)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 22:04)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 21:01)photo848 Wrote: I happened to notice while looking through the log file that it was turned on to 3 and then changed to 1. I created another file using 2, please try this one if the one above doesn't provide the info you need.
-> https://www.dropbox.com/s/rq4o91geyijds0e/xbmc.log

Logs output is great, I can see the error and before I make any changes to my code, I need to ask.... Did you set a xmltv location in your settings? and in that folder location is there a file named xmltv.xml?

Yes, I have the xmltv location set to the /storage/PTVL folder in settings and the xmltv.xml file is in that folder - thx

I ask because PTVL is hanging at your xmltv file... it's not even opening it!! You need to delete your PTVL setting.xml and reconfigure PTVL and you need to triple check your xmltv file...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-12-07, 16:25)MovieJunky Wrote: I am thinking about buying the USTVNOW full package for $20/month and my ultimate goal with Pseudo TV would be to integrate my German television stations in PseudoTV Live
through the tuner software, my own ripped movie library and US channels through the USTVNOW plugin. Is this technically going to work, or am I
misunderstanding something. The free USTVnow channels work fine, I guess when I upgrade my plan I could just edit the settings2.xml and add all the other
channels?!

i have had all the ustvnow channels free and paid with full epg in ptvl before so that is definitely able to be accomplished. your ripped movies is easy if there scanned into xbmc. i don't have german tv but a lot of ppl have there tv stations in ptvl threw the pvr built in to xbmc so that should work to. so i'm pretty sure you can do all that you are wanting to do. you also could add rss,youtube,plugins,streams from the net,ect to.

you might want to check out futubox it has a lot of European channels and is cheaper then ustvnow and can be used in ptvl also.
(2013-12-07, 23:07)scilz Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 16:25)MovieJunky Wrote: I am thinking about buying the USTVNOW full package for $20/month and my ultimate goal with Pseudo TV would be to integrate my German television stations in PseudoTV Live
through the tuner software, my own ripped movie library and US channels through the USTVNOW plugin. Is this technically going to work, or am I
misunderstanding something. The free USTVnow channels work fine, I guess when I upgrade my plan I could just edit the settings2.xml and add all the other
channels?!

i have had all the ustvnow channels free and paid with full epg in ptvl before so that is definitely able to be accomplished. your ripped movies is easy if there scanned into xbmc. i don't have german tv but a lot of ppl have there tv stations in ptvl threw the pvr built in to xbmc so that should work to. so i'm pretty sure you can do all that you are wanting to do. you also could add rss,youtube,plugins,streams from the net,ect to.

you might want to check out futubox it has a lot of European channels and is cheaper then ustvnow and can be used in ptvl also.

Just so you know I'm dropping USTVnow features in the final build... not to say you can't add channels and xmltv info on your own... but PTVL will no longer do it for you...
Luna, could you enlighten me on how PTV handles library updating in the background through xbmc.library.autoupdate?

Say I would set every channel to reset every 24 hours through adv. rules, would this new media be incorporated into the schedule?

Thanks again for such a great script!!
(2013-12-07, 22:37)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 22:23)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 22:04)Lunatixz Wrote: Logs output is great, I can see the error and before I make any changes to my code, I need to ask.... Did you set a xmltv location in your settings? and in that folder location is there a file named xmltv.xml?

I ask because PTVL is hanging at your xmltv file... it's not even opening it!! You need to delete your PTVL setting.xml and reconfigure PTVL and you need to triple check your xmltv file...

I am totally stumped, I deleted the setting.xml file and reconfigured a new one. The xmltv file is in the folder I have in the settings but yet it still won't recognize it. I even tried renaming it to xtv and updated the settings2.xml file with the new "xtv" name but it still doesn't work. The xml file all looks correct. Here is another log file with the rename of xtv -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/jj2ois2acip3tfs/xbmcv1.log
Here is the xml file -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/3dr9rmuo65pav0u/xtv.xml

Oddly when I used that prior version you provided a few days back nothing was different from what I have now and that version worked.
@ MovieJunky it's not possible outside of PTVL's channel manager (which already has a channel reset by days pasted feature). Search the thread this question has been asked before!

(2013-12-07, 23:27)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 22:23)photo848 Wrote: Yes, I have the xmltv location set to the /storage/PTVL folder in settings and the xmltv.xml file is in that folder - thx

I am totally stumped, I deleted the setting.xml file and reconfigured a new one. The xmltv file is in the folder I have in the settings but yet it still won't recognize it. I even tried renaming it to xtv and updated the settings2.xml file with the new "xtv" name but it still doesn't work. The xml file all looks correct. Here is another log file with the rename of xtv -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/jj2ois2acip3tfs/xbmcv1.log

Oddly when I used that prior version you provided a few days back nothing was different from what I have now and that version worked.

I'll check the difference, maybe I removed something I forgot about..

I'm comparing my changes now... only differences I see is the settings name was changed, but you said you re entered your settings so that should be it...

what are you using for settings2's _3 switch? it should be the name of your xmltv file without the extension...

I also have to say as of now you are the only one reporting this problem... if more users report the same problem I will investigate further.
(2013-12-07, 23:35)Lunatixz Wrote: @ MovieJunky it's not possible outside of PTVL's channel manager (which already has a channel reset by days pasted feature). Search the thread this question has been asked before!

(2013-12-07, 22:37)Lunatixz Wrote: I ask because PTVL is hanging at your xmltv file... it's not even opening it!! You need to delete your PTVL setting.xml and reconfigure PTVL and you need to triple check your xmltv file...

I'm comparing my changes now... only differences I see is the settings name was changed, but you said you re entered your settings so that should be it...

what are you using for settings2's _3 switch? it should be the name of your xmltv file without the extension...

I also have to say as of now you are the only one reporting this problem... if more users report the same problem I will investigate further.

Here is the Channel settings, _3 value is "xmltv"
<setting id="Channel_20_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_20_1" value="I2.1.16689.tmsdatadirect.com" />
<setting id="Channel_20_2" value="hdhomerun://103AC965-0/tuner0?channel=8vsb:587000000&program=1" />
<setting id="Channel_20_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_20_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_20_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_20_time" value="77" />
<setting id="Channel_20_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_20_rule_1_opt_1" value="2-1 CBS Live" />
(2013-12-07, 22:23)photo848 Wrote: Yes, I have the xmltv location set to the /storage/PTVL folder in settings and the xmltv.xml file is in that folder - thx

This sounds similar to what I just ran into.. my xmltv.xml was encoding was not set right.. or at least setting it to what is required and saving over the one generated by MC2XML fixed my issue. Not 100% on this.

I'm probably moving back to the old reliable version 0.1.0 from god knows when, there are way too many bugs in the latest builds. I'm trying on a laptop before I integrate and the latest EPGWindow.py change makes PTVL error on launch. I've tried wiping the entire directory and going from scratch, nope. Whatever was done inside that in the last 16-17 hours (per the repo log) borked the whole thing.

Wish I had more time, I could probably help to polish up the latest features a bit but sadly i'm quite busy lately.

Also -- Whatever I'm running that's "newer ie 0.1.9" on my system as of few days ago from the repo I guess is not current anymore. That build is the one that has the EPG sync and live tv selection issues.

(2013-12-08, 00:07)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 23:35)Lunatixz Wrote: @ MovieJunky it's not possible outside of PTVL's channel manager (which already has a channel reset by days pasted feature). Search the thread this question has been asked before!

(2013-12-07, 23:27)photo848 Wrote: I am totally stumped, I deleted the setting.xml file and reconfigured a new one. The xmltv file is in the folder I have in the settings but yet it still won't recognize it. I even tried renaming it to xtv and updated the settings2.xml file with the new "xtv" name but it still doesn't work. The xml file all looks correct. Here is another log file with the rename of xtv -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/jj2ois2acip3tfs/xbmcv1.log

<setting id="Channel_20_2" value="hdhomerun://103AC965-0/tuner0?channel=8vsb:587000000&program=1" />

What's your Settings.xml look like? Mine for some reason had 2 XMLTV entries, I think from upgrading. I assume it's not case sensitive, but I don't know what would happen if they conflict. Double check that. That was also what I cleaned up to get one of my newer working.. might be a good idea to bump minor revs each time a file changes, would make life a lot easier. since I have at least 2 zipped versions of 0.1.9 floating around confirmed by performing a diff.
(2013-12-08, 00:15)blazin912 Wrote: I'm probably moving back to the old reliable version 0.1.0 from god knows when, there are way too many bugs in the latest builds.

Not sure if I should be insulted!!
No one asked you to download and use the master! Master clearly warns it could be unstable, and considering the only problem you supplied a log too points to user error... what "BUGS" are you finding?

(2013-12-08, 00:15)blazin912 Wrote: I'm trying on a laptop before I integrate and the latest EPGWindow.py change makes PTVL error on launch.

This is because you are not following the directions for using master!
You need to delete the plugin folder, then move new one over (copying won't work)...You also need to delete your cache folder and reenter settings looking for new switches...

(2013-12-08, 00:15)blazin912 Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 22:37)Lunatixz Wrote: I ask because PTVL is hanging at your xmltv file... it's not even opening it!! You need to delete your PTVL setting.xml and reconfigure PTVL and you need to triple check your xmltv file...

This sounds similar to what I just ran into.. my xmltv.xml was encoding was not set right.. or at least setting it to what is required and saving over the one generated by MC2XML fixed my issue. Not 100% on this.

I'm probably moving back to the old reliable version 0.1.0 from god knows when, there are way too many bugs in the latest builds. I'm trying on a laptop before I integrate and the latest EPGWindow.py change makes PTVL error on launch. I've tried wiping the entire directory and going from scratch, nope. Whatever was done inside that in the last 16-17 hours (per the repo log) borked the whole thing.

Wish I had more time, I could probably help to polish up the latest features a bit but sadly i'm quite busy lately.

Also -- Whatever I'm running that's "newer ie 0.1.9" on my system as of few days ago from the repo I guess is not current anymore. That build is the one that has the EPG sync and live tv selection issues.

(2013-12-08, 00:07)photo848 Wrote:

What's your Settings.xml look like? Mine for some reason had 2 XMLTV entries, I think from upgrading. I assume it's not case sensitive, but I don't know what would happen if they conflict. Double check that. That was also what I cleaned up to get one of my newer working.. might be a good idea to bump minor revs each time a file changes, would make life a lot easier. since I have at least 2 zipped versions of 0.1.9 floating around confirmed by performing a diff.

Here's my settings.xml file, only seeing the one entry -> http://pastebin.com/0MhjkarJ
Whenever a new master was release I would delete the settings.xml & settings2.xml files and the entire Cache folder. I am also using an xmltv.xml file generated by MC2XML. That too looks correct to me. Thanks!
::UPDATE:: Master updated!!

Please remember to delete your cache folder, enter settings and check for new options... make sure old settings and paths are correct, if you are using tvdb/tmdb make sure api keys are correctly entered...

If you encounter problems, please try forcing reset in settings... if that doesn't work disable tvdb options. send me logs Smile

Can someone who already had a working PTVL setup and is familiar with PTVL. Let me know whats going on with the master copy? is it working for you? can I see logs?

On my end PTVL is working better then ever...

::Update::

Added:
"Dynamic" artwork to EPG for LiveTV and regular channel types.
Cleaned up genre and chtype EPG coloring...

Dynamic artwork, works while changing the highlighted (in focus) title in the EPG.

Dynamic artwork for regular channel types (0-7) will look for whatever artwork type (ie, poster,fanart,banner) is set in the skin (this adds flexibility for skinners).
For example "fanart" is selected for the default skin, PTVL will look in the media folder for the selected title and will search up to two parent directories for fanart.jpg or fanart.png; then display image.

Dynamic artwork for LiveTV will use the tvdb/imdb id scraped after turning on the feature in settings. PTVL will look in /cache/artwork folder for a matching image, if not found it will download and save one; The artwork folder will fill with new images till a channel rebuild is called (either manually or automatically) which will clear the artwork cache...

EPG Coloring is pretty simple,
Channel types gives you a color based on the chtype.
Genre type searchs your xmltv file for a genre, if one isn't found and tvdb/imdb is enabled it will scrape one.

In the works:
Genre coloring for regular channel types via xbmc genreid.
(2013-12-07, 23:15)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 23:07)scilz Wrote:
channels?!

Just so you know I'm dropping USTVnow features in the final build... not to say you can't add channels and xmltv info on your own... but PTVL will no longer do it for you...

is this except for the donors?
(2013-12-08, 04:04)locoguano Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 23:15)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 23:07)scilz Wrote: i have had all the ustvnow channels free and paid with full epg in ptvl before so that is definitely able to be accomplished. your ripped movies is easy if there scanned into xbmc. i don't have german tv but a lot of ppl have there tv stations in ptvl threw the pvr built in to xbmc so that should work to. so i'm pretty sure you can do all that you are wanting to do. you also could add rss,youtube,plugins,streams from the net,ect to.

is this except for the donors?

This applies to everyone,

I hate doing it... but USTVnow has offered me ZERO support, I don't see why I should steer business to them while wasting my time and resources...

This doesn't mean you can't use my addon with USTVnow... just means I won't be supplying the xmltv info automatically and you will have to manual configure channels.

You are welcome to write USTVnow add ask them to support my work.
(2013-12-08, 00:46)Lunatixz Wrote: ::UPDATE:: Master updated!!

Please remember to delete your cache folder, enter settings and check for new options... make sure old settings and paths are correct, if you are using tvdb/tmdb make sure api keys are correctly entered...

If you encounter problems, please try forcing reset in settings... if that doesn't work disable tvdb options. send me logs Smile

Can someone who already had a working PTVL setup and is familiar with PTVL. Let me know whats going on with the master copy? is it working for you? can I see logs?

On my end PTVL is working better then ever...

::Update::

Added:
"Dynamic" artwork to EPG for LiveTV and regular channel types.
Cleaned up genre and chtype EPG coloring...

Dynamic artwork, works while changing the highlighted (in focus) title in the EPG.

Dynamic artwork for regular channel types (0-7) will look for whatever artwork type (ie, poster,fanart,banner) is set in the skin (this adds flexibility for skinners).
For example "fanart" is selected for the default skin, PTVL will look in the media folder for the selected title and will search up to two parent directories for fanart.jpg or fanart.png; then display image.

Dynamic artwork for LiveTV will use the tvdb/imdb id scraped after turning on the feature in settings. PTVL will look in /cache/artwork folder for a matching image, if not found it will download and save one; The artwork folder will fill with new images till a channel rebuild is called (either manually or automatically) which will clear the artwork cache...

EPG Coloring is pretty simple,
Channel types gives you a color based on the chtype.
Genre type searchs your xmltv file for a genre, if one isn't found and tvdb/imdb is enabled it will scrape one.

In the works:
Genre coloring for regular channel types via xbmc genreid.

I was hoping that the new master might have resolved my xmltv file issue but unfortunately it didn't Sad
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45