• 106(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
@photo848,
redkiller's steps are spot on. your paths may be different but the process should be the same. it seemed to me like you may be deleting the wrong folder. You'll get it. If I can help let me know.
(2013-12-09, 02:01)earlieb Wrote: @photo848,
redkiller's steps are spot on. your paths may be different but the process should be the same. it seemed to me like you may be deleting the wrong folder. You'll get it. If I can help let me know.

You're absolutely right, I have been deleting the wrong folder. I've been deleting the script.pseudotv.live folder under .xbmc/userdata/addon_data when I should have been deleting script.pseudotv.live-master under .xbmc/addons. So I now deleted that folder and extracted the latest master in .xbmc/addons which created a new script.pseudotv.live-master folder setup. Deleted the cache folder and settings.xml, configred the setup and reran. However I got the blank screen again while trying to load a live tv channel, some good news though it is now finding my xmltv.xml file but it is now returning a "no element found" error. Here is the log if anyone would like to take a look -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/whd8yx6cfyr76r...12813a.log

Thanks again for the steps as it got me searching around trying to figure this out. Maybe this will help other Openelec users.
(2013-12-09, 02:16)photo848 Wrote:

You're absolutely right, I have been deleting the wrong folder. I've been deleting the script.pseudotv.live folder under .xbmc/userdata/addon_data when I should have been deleting script.pseudotv.live-master under .xbmc/addons. So I now deleted that folder and extracted the latest master in .xbmc/addons which created a new script.pseudotv.live-master folder setup. Deleted the cache folder and settings.xml, configred the setup and reran. However I got the blank screen again while trying to load a live tv channel, some good news though it is now finding my xmltv.xml file but it is now returning a "no element found" error. Here is the log if anyone would like to take a look -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/whd8yx6cfyr76r...12813a.log

Thanks again for the steps as it got me searching around trying to figure this out. Maybe this will help other Openelec users.

Where do you keep your xmltv file?

Nevermind reviewing your log further!
did you ever delete your userdata/script.pseudotv.live/settings.xml ??

For everyone!! this is a mandatory action!! no getting around it!! Delete your settings.xml found in your userdata (not your addon data) folder!!
Then reconfigure your settings, make sure to include xmltv path and api keys and force rebuild
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-12-09, 02:37)Lunatixz Wrote:

/storage/PTVLxml

For everyone!! this is a mandatory action!! no getting around it!! Delete your settings.xml found in your userdata (not your addon data) folder!!
Then reconfigure your settings, make sure to include xmltv path and api keys and force rebuild

(2013-12-09, 02:48)photo848 Wrote:
(2013-12-09, 02:16)photo848 Wrote: You're absolutely right, I have been deleting the wrong folder. I've been deleting the script.pseudotv.live folder under .xbmc/userdata/addon_data when I should have been deleting script.pseudotv.live-master under .xbmc/addons. So I now deleted that folder and extracted the latest master in .xbmc/addons which created a new script.pseudotv.live-master folder setup. Deleted the cache folder and settings.xml, configred the setup and reran. However I got the blank screen again while trying to load a live tv channel, some good news though it is now finding my xmltv.xml file but it is now returning a "no element found" error. Here is the log if anyone would like to take a look -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/whd8yx6cfyr76r...12813a.log

/storage/PTVLxml

Luna, did this as a test again to confirm. I have the exact same log as he does if I do a manual fresh install of the Master. The settings.xml that is generated when you create a new file has

<setting id="xmltv" value="C:\" />

Where C:\ is the Path I specified, but the key is that the id does not match the change you made to look for the setting, xmltvLOC.

Solved with the following change:

\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\settings.xml line 45

<setting id="xmltv" type="folder" source="auto" label="30404" default="" />

to:
<setting id="xmltvLOC" type="folder" source="auto" label="30404" default="" />

This was based on using the build from the following link:

https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...master.zip

Unfortunately, I was updating incorrectly. I would delete the plugin folder AND cache but not the settings.xml! Everything is working perfectly fine on my end...except for "donor" features. For some reason, after it builds the channels, when trying to change it's terribly slow (to the point of a couple of minutes) between channels. Otherwise it works perfectly! For me, adding live channels (which I finally got to work) was most important.
Updated Master, V.0.2.0 Git is slow wait for update to say v.0.2.0

Fixes:
xmltv?
EPG double press and double title...

Working:
TVDB - Dynamic fanart - currently EPG Only
Local - Dynamic fanart - currently EPG Only
Sickbeard Icon
New "unaired" Icon
EPG chtype color and genre type color, working...

Not working:
God only knows!

Also please read this

Really hope this solves everyone issues, also please remember to follow instructions on Post 1 for handling upgrades!!
Is EPG genre color limited to live tv only? I wouldn't know because I've only got Local media and the "break my epg" Big Grin youtube channels. Nothing shows on my local media.

The chtype colors was a good idea after all, even though i went against it. Are you planning on having the colors fill the button box? because there seems to be like a slight faded gap

EDIT :

Never mind im dumb. Just went digging through the skin folder. Thanks for the ability to customize!

But yeah genre still doesn't seem to do anything.
(2013-12-09, 03:47)Redkiller223 Wrote: Is EPG genre color limited to live tv only? I wouldn't know because I've only got Local media and the "break my epg" Big Grin youtube channels. Nothing shows on my local media.

The chtype colors was a good idea after all, even though i went against it. Are you planning on having the colors fill the button box? because there seems to be like a slight faded gap

EDIT :

Never mind im dumb. Just went digging through the skin folder. Thanks for the ability to customize!

But yeah genre still doesn't seem to do anything.

Right now genre color is for livetv, all channels will have it by final build.

For the looks of it, skinning comes last...
I've been hesitant to post here with my noob questions as to not incur the wrath and get another smacking,
but I am seriously struggling getting LiveTV to work in PTV Live and see no other way but to ask here. Could someone please explain how to incorporate a single
LiveTV channel into the settings2.xml?

What I've done so far is to add a channel from LiveTV to my XBMC favourites and then parsed the relevant info (see my last post)
into the settings2.xml but all I get is a black screen, because I did something wrong. LiveTV works fine
through the main XBMC menu, just not in PTV.
I'm not totally dense, but if you could explain it for dummies I would appreciate it.

If you feel more comfortable sending me a private message, please feel free to do so and I will post
my results here. Thanks for the help.
@MovieJunky
Manual Configuration example for LiveTV: (from post #2)
Code:
<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="I60159.labs.zap2it.com" />
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="hdhomerun://xxxxxxxD-1/tuner1?channel=qam256:399000000&program=2" />
<setting id="Channel_1_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_1_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="NY1 Live" />
# = PTV Channel Number

8 = LiveTV w/ XMLTV
Channel_#_type" value="8"

I60159.labs.zap2it.com = Channel ID found in your XMLTV file.
Channel_#_1" value="I60159.labs.zap2it.com"

This is the source of your LiveTV; examples include:
Channel_#_2" value="hdhomerun://xxxxxxxD-1/tuner1?channel=qam256:399000000&program=2".
Channel_#_2" value="smb://XXX/Hdhomerun XBMC/NY1.strm" -- Direct strm file (currently only one tuner is supported).
Channel_#_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/##.pvr" /> -- Direct link to your XBMC LiveTV plugin

I have hdhomrerun and pvr working in my pvtl setup up and will give you an example of each:

<setting id="Channel_72_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_72_1" value="NA_SD_PC:48327_71009_18" />
<setting id="Channel_72_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/22.pvr" />
<setting id="Channel_72_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_72_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_72_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_72_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_72_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_72_rule_1_opt_1" value="TCT Kids Sat" />

you will note at least one difference between mine and your previous post is I stopped the link after ".../22.pvr'

HDHomerun example from my setup
<setting id="Channel_20_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_20_1" value="NA_SD_PC:72370_48996_19" />
<setting id="Channel_20_2" value="hdhomerun://1316F94B-2/tuner2?channel=auto:131&program=15" />
<setting id="Channel_20_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_20_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_20_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_20_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_20_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_20_rule_1_opt_1" value="AETN Plus Live" />

Of course make sure your xmltv location is properly set.

In my opinion your entry should look like this:

<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="i60159.labs.zap2it.com" />
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/3.pvr" />
<setting id="Channel_#_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_1_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="FOX" />

Is small i####.... correct on your zap2it entry?
Thanks for your help genbap!
I did read post #2, repeatedly, but to no avail I'm afraid.
I don't know what zap2it is, nor do I know how to set up an XMLTV file.
Do I go to the zap2it website and search for my program, even for German TV?
I did not notice before but your xmltv file is the same as the example given by Luna.

Setting up xmltv was a big learning curve for me. I use a xmltv grabber from http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/.

I think most around here use mc2xml from http://www.mc2xml.hosterbox.net/.

Sorry to say but I am not sure if either supports German TV.

It is not in the scope of this thread to deal with questions about xmltv but either of those sites should get you going I think. I do not want to turn luna's support thread into a xmltv discussion but you can find the information you need with Google I am sure and will likely find a good German xmltv grabber as well. Wish I could help more. One thing for sure, your black screen issue will continue until you have xmltv properly setup.

Does your PVR in xbmc not have an EPG program guide?
(2013-12-09, 16:09)genbap Wrote: I did not notice before but your xmltv file is the same as the example given by Luna.

Setting up xmltv was a big learning curve for me. I use a xmltv grabber from http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/.

I think most around here use mc2xml from http://www.mc2xml.hosterbox.net/.

Sorry to say but I am not sure if either supports German TV.

It is not in the scope of this thread to deal with questions about xmltv but either of those sites should get you going I think. I do not want to turn luna's support thread into a xmltv discussion but you can find the information you need with Google I am sure and will likely find a good German xmltv grabber as well. Wish I could help more. One thing for sure, your black screen issue will continue until you have xmltv properly setup.

Does your PVR in xbmc not have an EPG program guide?

Personally, as I STUGGLED to get Livetv working, it came down to my xml. I was using mc2xml and regardless of how correct things seemed to be, black screen! I was also using nextpvr which some have also had problems with. Anyways, since I switched to Mediaportal (and serverwmc also worked), then switched from mc2xml to zap2xml, PROBLEMS SOLVED!
Is anybody currently using Futubox? I know Lunatixz would like to implement it but without support, guess it won't be happening. I read an interesting post over at XBMCHUB and was curious to know if there were others using Futubox and if so, what methods did they use to get it working.

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/general-li...imple.html

g
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45