• 116(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-12-16, 16:58)Rastan Wrote:
(2013-12-15, 00:43)wrbranch83 Wrote: Having a slight issue with playing local media. In the original PseudoTV plugin, I used to be able to "Play Shows In Order" so that S01E01 would always be followed by S01E02 and so on. Now when I chose to have a channel play shows in order, that doesn't happen, instead I end up with say S01E01 followed by S01E05.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this the expected behavior?

I am experiencing the same behaviour. I have set a channel to play shows in order and play unwatched. However it seems to be just showing random episodes of which some I have seen Confused

I'm having the same issue. I even took a generated playlist file from old PTV and put it into the generated folder of PTVL and it over wrote the settings. Instead of ordering by "Airdate" PTVL changed it to "random" and limited the number of episodes to 25.
A more fundamental question, that I haven't seen answered in 173 pages.
When I set a local channel to reset every 24 hours, does that mean that
1. - the channel will be rebuilt with the existing playlist
2. - PTV will generate the channel from scratch and new library items will get integrated since the last time
the channel was created (like a reset in the settings)

If 2. happens, that would be awesome for not having to stop PTV everytime something new gets added to the library and then reseting all channels again.
I cannot expect my wife to do that if she cannot find the most recent episode of "The Bachelor" on a channel, but it's part of the library already
and in the playlist.
(2013-12-17, 18:07)MovieJunky Wrote: A more fundamental question, that I haven't seen answered in 173 pages.
When I set a local channel to reset every 24 hours, does that mean that
1. - the channel will be rebuilt with the existing playlist
2. - PTV will generate the channel from scratch and new library items will get integrated since the last time
the channel was created (like a reset in the settings)

If 2. happens, that would be awesome for not having to stop PTV everytime something new gets added to the library and then reseting all channels again.
I cannot expect my wife to do that if she cannot find the most recent episode of "The Bachelor" on a channel, but it's part of the library already
and in the playlist.

I am pretty sure that if you set a channel to rebuild every 24 hours, or whatever period of length, it will use whatever episodes/movies you have scraped into your library based on the criteria you have specified for that channel, whether a playlist or the channel rules you have selected.
So if you have scraped last night's episode of "The Bachelor" into XBMC and then reset your "The Bachelor" Channel, the scraped episode would be eligible to be included in that channel, again, based on your criteria.

Mark
Thanks Mark. My wife is happy, which also makes me very happy Big Grin
Quick question and please excuse my ignorance.

I USBTV stick that i currently use with XBMC and MythTv as a backend. Are there any instructions on how to incorporate my channels in PTVL?

i did take the time to go through all 173 pages of this thread to see if there any entries. thank you/
(2013-12-18, 00:30)ylafont Wrote: Quick question and please excuse my ignorance.

I USBTV stick that i currently use with XBMC and MythTv as a backend. Are there any instructions on how to incorporate my channels in PTVL?

i did take the time to go through all 173 pages of this thread to see if there any entries. thank you/

Post 2 - use example for pvr under live tv. Must setup xmltv! Then add pvr channels to xbmc favorites. You can find pvr link in xbmc favorites file (an XML file I recall).. Details are hashed out very thoroughly in previous pages but perhaps you did not know what to look forward. It is a learning curve for all of us novices.
Thank you for the guidance genbap!

I appreciate the response, documentation and the work begin done with the AWESOME Plugin. I find the documentation pretty crypt-ed and difficult to follow leading to some frustration. I must have read them at least 8 to 10 times, after your explanation I was able to come up with this

<setting id="Channel_5_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_5_1" value="I5.28455674.microsoft.com" />
<setting id="Channel_5_2" value="pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/8.pvr" />
<setting id="Channel_5_3" value="xmltv" />
<setting id="Channel_5_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_5_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_5_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_5_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_5_rule_1_opt_1" value="Channel 5" />

I am not sure if it works yet. The plugin is giving me much frustration.

I upgrade to the lasted master today, with plenty of problems

First - the plugin would not update to the lasted master, even after the uninstalling the plugin from XBMC and rebooting, After installing 0.2.2 from .zip; version 0.1.1 was what was installing. I did remove the "addon/script.pseudotv.live" and the "userdata/script.pseudotv.live/cache" folder after the pluging was uninstalled. In the end I have to manually remove all files associated with PseudoTv from the .xbmc installation folder. I also notice the was a copy of the old version in "addon/packages", not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Second - AutoTune is not working on initial setup, the XBMC Movie and TvShow libraries are NOT picked up. The only streams available are BBC, Tekzilla HD Nation and Movie Trailers.

Third - extremely long time to exit the plugin. it waits about 3 minutes to "remove file locks"

Fourth - additions to the settings2.xml are not recognized.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions., thank you once again.
(2013-12-18, 12:06)ylafont Wrote: I upgrade to the lasted master today, with plenty of problems

First - the plugin would not update to the lasted master, even after the uninstalling the plugin from XBMC and rebooting, After installing 0.2.2 from .zip; version 0.1.1 was what was installing. I did remove the "addon/script.pseudotv.live" and the "userdata/script.pseudotv.live/cache" folder after the pluging was uninstalled. In the end I have to manually remove all files associated with PseudoTv from the .xbmc installation folder. I also notice the was a copy of the old version in "addon/packages", not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Second - AutoTune is not working on initial setup, the XBMC Movie and TvShow libraries are NOT picked up. The only streams available are BBC, Tekzilla HD Nation and Movie Trailers.

Third - extremely long time to exit the plugin. it waits about 3 minutes to "remove file locks"

Fourth - additions to the settings2.xml are not recognized.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions., thank you once again.

1. Install directions clearly break down how to upgrade; which includes deleting the folder and unpacking the new one.
2. Is your Web server enabled??
3. What OS and System specs do you have?
4. Are you trying to editing setting2.xml while PTVL is running?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Where did you find 0.2.2 to download?
The master file on page 1 is 0.1.9. according to the addon information settings within XBMC.

Of course I deleted all previous PTV folders in /addons and /addon_data.
Totally fresh install.
Just finished rewriting youtube channel builder, have to say its three times faster at parsing and creating channels now, I also increased parsing limits to youtube api max which is 1000.

I also Dropped the option to create strms and nfos, Found it was redundant to PseudoTV Lives operations.
If anyone can raise a point to keep strm/nfo's for youtube/rss bring it up... before I update the git tonight Smile
(2013-12-18, 16:11)Lunatixz Wrote: Just finished rewriting youtube channel builder, have to say its three times faster at parsing and creating channels now, I also increased parsing limits to youtube api max which is 1000.

I also Dropped the option to create strms and nfos, Found it was redundant to PseudoTV Lives operations.
If anyone can raise a point to keep strm/nfo's for youtube/rss bring it up... before I update the git tonight Smile

Glad to hear! Youtube was parsing slowly, so i removed many of my youtube channels.

The only point i see in keeping youtube strm files, is that you can copy those strm files and keep them. And that way have PseudoTV generate strm files for you, so you don't have to one by one?
Sounds good! Can you tell me where to get your most recent version?
Doing a fresh install of https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...master.zip
tells me its version 0.1.9 in the XBMC addon settings.
Lunatixz,

I'm using *.strm files as channel type 9 for 24/7 internet streams. I've noticed that with version 0.2.1 i have to enable "Override Stream Validation" otherwise all those channel type 9 with *.strm files won't load. This is expected behavior? I've read somewhere we should probably past those links into the xml file, but i've just spent all that time organising it in strm files, which i prefer.

For those interested, i've collected 24 music channels that work for me (PlanetaHD is down sometimes, and Radio538 is a dutch radiochannel with a sort of tv channel).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1004043/Music.rar

I have added a second link to each .strm file of a tv static movie, so pseudotv live doesn't crash if the stream is down.

I have more streams, when i organise them i can share those to, including a settings2.xml if someone is interested?
(2013-12-18, 16:25)Sleuteltje Wrote: Lunatixz,

I'm using *.strm files as channel type 9 for 24/7 internet streams. I've noticed that with version 0.2.1 i have to enable "Override Stream Validation" otherwise all those channel type 9 with *.strm files won't load. This is expected behavior? I've read somewhere we should probably past those links into the xml file, but i've just spent all that time organising it in strm files, which i prefer.

For those interested, i've collected 24 music channels that work for me (PlanetaHD is down sometimes, and Radio538 is a dutch radiochannel with a sort of tv channel).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1004043/Music.rar

I have added a second link to each .strm file of a tv static movie, so pseudotv live doesn't crash if the stream is down.

I have more streams, when i organise them i can share those to, including a settings2.xml if someone is interested?

I'm going to add strm validation soon...
Feedback required by tonight please Smile

I'm writing strm validation to include with tonight's update.

it will run the same tests that are in place now, with the addition of opening the strm file and testing each line (url).

Question:

Do you want PTVL to delete the url's that are believed "dead" from the strm file? or fail the channel because of a dead link, even tho good links are found.

Currently if you have two links in the strm, and one out of the two is bad, the strm will fail...
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45