• 117(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
The second option, it's better that the channel fails because of a dead link.

I put a backup link of a short movie showing tv static in my strm files. So that the channel doesn't fail.
If PseudoTV would remove the line from the strm file, that would be a shame, since a channel can come back up again. I rather keep maintance on my strm files in my own hands for now.

A question beside that, if PTVL checks all .strm files, would that make PTVL start up much slower? If so, i guess i'm gonna stick with override stream check, and just keep using "backup fallback video-links"

Smile, thnx for giving us users the chance for input.
I'd prefer a dummy picture when a channel fails. Not sure if you guys are old enough to remember this picture on a real life failed channel from back in the day.
Would be kinda cool to have that return Big Grin

I agree with MovieJunky - If you can detect that the strm isn't working then it would be great to have a static image like the one MJ posted, or a very small video of TV static. At least PTVL would still build the channel and not remove anything for good.
(2013-12-18, 20:43)Sleuteltje Wrote: The second option, it's better that the channel fails because of a dead link.

I put a backup link of a short movie showing tv static in my strm files. So that the channel doesn't fail.
If PseudoTV would remove the line from the strm file, that would be a shame, since a channel can come back up again. I rather keep maintance on my strm files in my own hands for now.

A question beside that, if PTVL checks all .strm files, would that make PTVL start up much slower? If so, i guess i'm gonna stick with override stream check, and just keep using "backup fallback video-links"

Smile, thnx for giving us users the chance for input.

Hmmm I like that idea, what if instead of deleting a dead link from within a strm file, I place a "static" video or something into the strm...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Love the old PTV and really want to give this one a try. I am on Gotham Alpha 10 - installed the PTV Live Master but got dependencies not met error. So I extracted the zip and copied the addon folder into my addons directory manually, but when I try to run PTV Live I get the error script failed "pseudotv.py"

Is there something I'm missing or is it not compatible with Gotham Alpha 10 yet?
New skin i'm working on... It will including trakt.tv trending shows/movies, and upcoming nextaired shows

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nm4qqxlxnqcszl...hot017.png

(2013-12-18, 22:01)DJ... Wrote: Love the old PTV and really want to give this one a try. I am on Gotham Alpha 10 - installed the PTV Live Master but got dependencies not met error. So I extracted the zip and copied the addon folder into my addons directory manually, but when I try to run PTV Live I get the error script failed "pseudotv.py"

Is there something I'm missing or is it not compatible with Gotham Alpha 10 yet?

Yeah, your missing POST 1Angel
New skin looks clean! Hell it looks like it could be default for confluence...seriously you should get in contact with the guy who did
Confluence cause the default skin he uses is real weak. Like the new addition of trakt and next aired--finally a reason to use those addons. Is there any noticeable performance difference with them enabled?
I love the "static image" idea too! Very cool and retro at the same time.

Btw, skin looks KILLER!
(2013-12-18, 22:02)Lunatixz Wrote: Yeah, your missing POST 1Angel

Quote:!!This program does not support XBMC 13 "Gotham"!!

My apologies. I missed this when I scanned through it. Are there any working versions of PTV for Gotham if you don't mind me asking?
(2013-12-18, 22:09)ARYEZ Wrote: New skin looks clean! Hell it looks like it could be default for confluence...seriously you should get in contact with the guy who did
Confluence cause the default skin he uses is real weak. Like the new addition of trakt and next aired--finally a reason to use those addons. Is there any noticeable performance difference with them enabled?

If you already have those plugins running, no noticeable performance issues. Any decent system should run without a problem...
Hmmmmm sweet I may have steal your idea and add them into my new skin. Lol
The new skin looks sick man!
(2013-12-18, 15:39)Lunatixz Wrote: 1. Install directions clearly break down how to upgrade; which includes deleting the folder and unpacking the new one.
2. Is your Web server enabled??
3. What OS and System specs do you have?
4. Are you trying to editing setting2.xml while PTVL is running?

1 - I am not sure, (will have to test again on the next upgrade) - I did not unpack the latest version, I let XBMC install from zip after I uninstalled and manually deleted the directories specified i the first post. I think it may have to do with the version stored in "addon/packages".

2- Webserver is running.

3- OS - Ubuntu 12.10

4- No, all modifications to settings2.xml are made while PTVL is not running. I also, delete the cache folder to have it rebuild the cache.

(2013-12-18, 15:46)MovieJunky Wrote: Where did you find 0.2.2 to download?
The master file on page 1 is 0.1.9. according to the addon information settings within XBMC.

Of course I deleted all previous PTV folders in /addons and /addon_data.
Totally fresh install.

Downloaded direct for Git master, which is v .0.2.2.
Was youtube playlists broken??

Can someone running an older build then v.0.2.2 let me know if your yourtube playlist channel works?
Believe it our not, i have never used youtube until now. I have been testing with these two channels,

http://www.youtube.com/user/kelbymediagroup
http://www.youtube.com/user/CNETTV

Both showed up after about 10 minutes of the initial setup. Also lost all of the the other preconfigured channels that were added by default like
heart - rtmp://cdn-sov-2.musicradio.com:80/LiveVideo//Heart timeout=15om/ver/2.64.0.68610/LivePassModuleMain_osmf.swf and
capital - rtmp://cdn-sov-2.musicradio.com:80/LiveVideo/Capital timeout=15

I will update again today to test.
  • 117(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45