• 119(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-12-20, 05:16)ylafont Wrote: trying to get the hang of this, can someone tell me what is wrong with this?

<setting id="Channel_901_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_901_1" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_901_2" value="smb://192.168.1.2/home/xbmc/Data/PseudoTv/Music/CapitalTV.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_901_3" value="Capital TV" />
<setting id="Channel_901_4" value="UK's No.1 Hit Music Station" />
<setting id="Channel_901_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_901_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_901_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_901_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_901_rule_1_opt_1" value="Capital TV" />

Contents of CapitalTV.strm

rtmp://cdn-sov-2.musicradio.com:80/LiveVideo/Capital timeout=15
http://www.directlinkupload.com/uploads/...static.mp4

Nevermind.... read in on another post that "Override Stream Validation" needs to be turned on. The CapitalTv.strm crasged PTVL
Luna,

I saw you talk many, many pages ago about a centralised system for stream files. Is that still in the planning?

I thought it could be handy to start a different topic to share streams with each other till that is done? Or is this a bad idea?
It's not easy finding good reliable streams.

(2013-12-20, 09:10)ylafont Wrote: Nevermind.... read in on another post that "Override Stream Validation" needs to be turned on. The CapitalTv.strm crasged PTVL

Yes, until Luna has fixed Stream validation for .strm files as well, "Override Stream Validation" needs to be turned on. Or you can paste the links from the .strm files into the settings2.xml and then you can leave it turned off.

Good to sea someone is using my .strm files Smile. When i'm searching for stream links, i notice that some links don't work for me or are to slow (resulting in buffering), while many state in the forums that they work for them. Maybe some streams work better based on location. So if some streams aren't working for someone, can they please state which one and which region they are located? I can then also start sorting stream files based on working location.
(2013-12-20, 14:52)Sleuteltje Wrote: Luna,

I saw you talk many, many pages ago about a centralised system for stream files. Is that still in the planning?

I thought it could be handy to start a different topic to share streams with each other till that is done? Or is this a bad idea?
It's not easy finding good reliable streams.

(2013-12-20, 09:10)ylafont Wrote: Nevermind.... read in on another post that "Override Stream Validation" needs to be turned on. The CapitalTv.strm crasged PTVL

Yes, until Luna has fixed Stream validation for .strm files as well, "Override Stream Validation" needs to be turned on. Or you can paste the links from the .strm files into the settings2.xml and then you can leave it turned off.

Good to sea someone is using my .strm files Smile. When i'm searching for stream links, i notice that some links don't work for me or are to slow (resulting in buffering), while many state in the forums that they work for them. Maybe some streams work better based on location. So if some streams aren't working for someone, can they please state which one and which region they are located? I can then also start sorting stream files based on working location.

To clear things up, I already added strm validation a few updates ago... If you are running a strm (already verified outside PTVL that it works) and PTVL ignores it... enable debugging in PTVL settings and send me log. Please don't use the override! this overrides all error handling which leaves your system vulnerable to crashes. Also if you don't send me logs, I can't improve the error handling code!!

As for centralized source sharing, that never picked up steam, I already have a site... but no one ever adds to it...

IMO strm files aren't necessary, their only value is scraping into XBMC's library...
If you're using a strm file that isn't scraped then it's only remaining value is for redundancy (since you can put more then one link into one strm)...
Otherwise just open the strm with notepad and put that link directly into the settings2 file.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-12-20, 15:17)Lunatixz Wrote: As for centralized source sharing, that never picked up steam, I already have a site... but no one ever adds to it...

Where is this site? If I would have known about I would have used it. Perhaps you should advertise it a bit more. Link to it in the OP & Your signature I could definitely see it becoming used if more people were aware of it.
Next update will include Autotune - XBMC PVR Backend building, as long as you have an xmltv file, PTVL will build all PVR channels with matching xmltv data...
If anyone knows a reliable python based xmltv grabber let me know...

(2013-12-20, 15:49)MrsAngelD Wrote:
(2013-12-20, 15:17)Lunatixz Wrote: As for centralized source sharing, that never picked up steam, I already have a site... but no one ever adds to it...

Where is this site? If I would have known about I would have used it. Perhaps you should advertise it a bit more. Link to it in the OP & Your signature I could definitely see it becoming used if more people were aware of it.

It was up for six months, nobody did anything with it... So I took it down...
(2013-12-20, 16:43)Lunatixz Wrote: Next update will include Autotune - XBMC PVR Backend building, as long as you have an xmltv file, PTVL will build all PVR channels with matching xmltv data...
If anyone knows a reliable python based xmltv grabber let me know...

(2013-12-20, 15:49)MrsAngelD Wrote:

It was up for six months, nobody did anything with it... So I took it down...

aww that makes me sad Sad
Just a small issue I wanted to report. The "Guide" is cutting off the top of the Title of the program you currently have highlighted.

Screenshot:

Log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/6606131/
(2013-12-20, 17:11)MrsAngelD Wrote: Just a small issue I wanted to report. The "Guide" is cutting off the top of the Title of the program you currently have highlighted.

Screenshot:

You need to update your copy of PTVL...

I appreciate all bug reports, but this was already fixed a few days ago Smile
Please update PTVL before posting bug reports...
(2013-12-20, 17:13)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-20, 17:11)MrsAngelD Wrote: Just a small issue I wanted to report. The "Guide" is cutting off the top of the Title of the program you currently have highlighted.

Screenshot:

I don't understand I literally cloned git this morning before reporting this. I did a complete fresh install. Removing all PSTL files from xbmc before I cloned it.

I cloned from here: https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseudotv.live

Screenshot:

Ok I've determined that this is related to Aeon Nox when I switch to confluence it's not an issue. The issue appears when using the Aeon Nox skin.
(2013-12-20, 17:46)MrsAngelD Wrote:
(2013-12-20, 17:13)Lunatixz Wrote:

Screenshot:

I don't understand I literally cloned git this morning before reporting this. I did a complete fresh install. Removing all PSTL files from xbmc before I cloned it.

I don't know what you want me to say... Instructions for updating are in post 1. I checked that my push went through... so either this problem has popped up again after I fixed it... or your running an old copy...
(2013-12-20, 18:48)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-20, 17:46)MrsAngelD Wrote:
(2013-12-20, 17:13)Lunatixz Wrote: You need to update your copy of PTVL...

I don't know what you want me to say... Instructions for updating are in post 1. I checked that my push went through... so either this problem has popped up again after I fixed it... or your running an old copy...

Honestly I just wanted verification that I was in fact updating from the proper location, I guess I am. But Yeah I think the issue is related to Aeon Nox, as I stated just a moment ago when I switch to confluence the issue doesn't occur.
(2013-12-20, 18:50)MrsAngelD Wrote:
(2013-12-20, 18:48)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-20, 17:46)MrsAngelD Wrote: I don't understand I literally cloned git this morning before reporting this. I did a complete fresh install. Removing all PSTL files from xbmc before I cloned it.

Honestly I just wanted verification that I was in fact updating from the proper location, I guess I am. But Yeah I think the issue is related to Aeon Nox, as I stated just a moment ago when I switch to confluence the issue doesn't occur.

Sorry, when I get a chance I'll look into it.
(2013-12-20, 19:31)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-20, 18:50)MrsAngelD Wrote:
(2013-12-20, 18:48)Lunatixz Wrote: I don't know what you want me to say... Instructions for updating are in post 1. I checked that my push went through... so either this problem has popped up again after I fixed it... or your running an old copy...

Sorry, when I get a chance I'll look into it.

lol You have NO reason to apologize. I develop websites and I know what a headache that can be, I can't even imagine how it must be to develop something like this for XBMC. You've done an amazing job and My hat is off you to for all the work you've put into it. I can only hope that I can help in some small way to improve it Smile
(2013-12-20, 15:17)Lunatixz Wrote: To clear things up, I already added strm validation a few updates ago... If you are running a strm (already verified outside PTVL that it works) and PTVL ignores it... enable debugging in PTVL settings and send me log. Please don't use the override! this overrides all error handling which leaves your system vulnerable to crashes. Also if you don't send me logs, I can't improve the error handling code!!

As for centralized source sharing, that never picked up steam, I already have a site... but no one ever adds to it...

IMO strm files aren't necessary, their only value is scraping into XBMC's library...
If you're using a strm file that isn't scraped then it's only remaining value is for redundancy (since you can put more then one link into one strm)...
Otherwise just open the strm with notepad and put that link directly into the settings2 file.

Lunatixz - I installed the master last night and again this afternoon to verify

streams are not displayed on initial setup.
1) Had to enable "Disable Stream Validation"
2) Launch PTVL - which enable the stream
3) disable "Disable Stream Validation"

The Stream stayed in the guide. also the stream file:

<setting id="Channel_901_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_901_1" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_901_2" value="smb://192.168.1.2/home/xbmc/Data/PseudoTv/Music/CapitalTV.strm" />
<setting id="Channel_901_3" value="Capital TV" />
<setting id="Channel_901_4" value="UK's No.1 Hit Music Station" />
<setting id="Channel_901_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_901_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_901_time" value="196" />
<setting id="Channel_901_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_901_rule_1_opt_1" value="Capital TV" />

did not work while the strean entry in systems2.xml did.

<setting id="Channel_902_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_902_1" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_902_2" value="rtmp://cdn-sov-2.musicradio.com:80/LiveVideo/Capital timeout=15" />
<setting id="Channel_902_3" value="Capital TV" />
<setting id="Channel_902_4" value="UK's No.1 Hit Music Station " />
<setting id="Channel_902_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_902_changed" value="False" />
<setting id="Channel_902_time" value="484113" />
<setting id="Channel_902_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_902_rule_1_opt_1" value="Capital TV" />

Screenshot:

And, the cut off is still there.

Hope this helps.
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45