Thread Closed
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-12-20, 14:52)Sleuteltje Wrote: Luna,

I saw you talk many, many pages ago about a centralised system for stream files. Is that still in the planning?

I thought it could be handy to start a different topic to share streams with each other till that is done? Or is this a bad idea?
It's not easy finding good reliable streams.

(2013-12-20, 09:10)ylafont Wrote: Nevermind.... read in on another post that "Override Stream Validation" needs to be turned on. The CapitalTv.strm crasged PTVL

Yes, until Luna has fixed Stream validation for .strm files as well, "Override Stream Validation" needs to be turned on. Or you can paste the links from the .strm files into the settings2.xml and then you can leave it turned off.

Good to sea someone is using my .strm files Smile. When i'm searching for stream links, i notice that some links don't work for me or are to slow (resulting in buffering), while many state in the forums that they work for them. Maybe some streams work better based on location. So if some streams aren't working for someone, can they please state which one and which region they are located? I can then also start sorting stream files based on working location.

To clear things up, I already added strm validation a few updates ago... If you are running a strm (already verified outside PTVL that it works) and PTVL ignores it... enable debugging in PTVL settings and send me log. Please don't use the override! this overrides all error handling which leaves your system vulnerable to crashes. Also if you don't send me logs, I can't improve the error handling code!!

As for centralized source sharing, that never picked up steam, I already have a site... but no one ever adds to it...

IMO strm files aren't necessary, their only value is scraping into XBMC's library...
If you're using a strm file that isn't scraped then it's only remaining value is for redundancy (since you can put more then one link into one strm)...
Otherwise just open the strm with notepad and put that link directly into the settings2 file.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Twitter | Help?
  Thread Closed

Thread Rating:
  • 45 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: [FORK] - by jcaa6479 - 2013-07-16, 23:25
Re: RE: - by bry - 2013-07-19, 08:42
Audio Muting Consistently ? - by gjwAudio - 2013-08-18, 08:25
PTVL Anomalies... - by gjwAudio - 2013-08-25, 01:15
Help Find The BAD Channel... - by gjwAudio - 2013-08-27, 02:12
RE: - by DLWhittet - 2013-10-13, 02:48
Problems with Pseudo TV Live - by media-mogul - 2013-11-07, 22:45
Setup wifi cam stream - by rebelmaveric19 - 2013-12-12, 00:54
RE: [FORK] "PseudoTV Live" w/ LiveTV, InternetTV and added Strm Support - by Lunatixz - 2013-12-20, 15:17
Black Screen - by Antisthenes - 2014-03-03, 02:06