• 125(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-12-27, 17:00)ARYEZ Wrote:
Quote:also, is it possible to replace guide data for channels that display a continuous "Three Dots ..."? as an example, the Movie Trailers Channel. Can the guide be made to just say "Currenlty in Theaters" of "coming soon"

Select the option "hide very short videos and set it to 360...that will make The trailers channel display a single continuous bar that says the name of the channel.

I use it for trailers and music videos...much cleaner then all the ...'s IMO.

@ ARYEZ Are u still noticing EPG slow downs only when hide short is enabled?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-12-27, 04:18)redhalo Wrote: Any chance of merging the enhanced interleaving rule from here?
https://github.com/geebs61/XBMC-PseudoTV...rleave-exp
I'm going to be removing any planned features to support "livestream" thestreamdb.xml source lists... XBMC OPs deem this content piracy, and they are closing plugin threads that support those lists...

Any suggestions for a replacement feature are welcome...
Bumpers, Commercials, Trailers... FEEDBACK NEEDED!!
Which do you prefer? When enabled...
  • TV channels get Bumpers/Commercials
    Movie channels get trailers...
OR
  • TV channels get Bumpers/Commercials/trailers
    Movie channels stay unchanged.
I'm leaning toward the second option... since I don't want interruptions between movies...

BTW BCT's will only apply to "normal" chtypes, ie NOT Directory, LiveTV, InternetTV, Youtube/RSS, Last.fm channels...
What is the source of the trailers you are implementing? Is it online and/or local? Also, are they only upcoming theater releases? Is it possible to include recently released/upcoming dvds? I don't go to the theaters often, and with cutting the cord and hardly ever seeing commercials, it would be nice to see new disc releases.

Second option for me too.
Option 2 sounds ideal to me.
(2013-12-27, 17:00)ARYEZ Wrote:
Quote:also, is it possible to replace guide data for channels that display a continuous "Three Dots ..."? as an example, the Movie Trailers Channel. Can the guide be made to just say "Currenlty in Theaters" of "coming soon"

Select the option "hide very short videos and set it to 360...that will make The trailers channel display a single continuous bar that says the name of the channel.

I use it for trailers and music videos...much cleaner then all the ...'s IMO.

Humm, i thought i tried that. let me try again.
I am having two issues, i updated everything, Like it says on page 1. Problem one, when I open channel configuration from within XBMC I just get a blank screen, apart from on my pre built channels.

So I resorted to editing t#seting2.xml

I followed the advice and copied the Youtube set up instructions, I cant get Motortrend to work using these settings
<setting id="Channel_99_type" value="10" />
<setting id="Channel_99_1" value="MotorTrend" />
<setting id="Channel_99_2" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_99_3" value="100" />
<setting id="Channel_99_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_99_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_99_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_99_rule_1_opt_1" value="MotorTrend" />

i want to get the young Turks running but no luck there
(2013-12-27, 20:59)spyder Wrote: What is the source of the trailers you are implementing? Is it online and/or local? Also, are they only upcoming theater releases? Is it possible to include recently released/upcoming dvds? I don't go to the theaters often, and with cutting the cord and hardly ever seeing commercials, it would be nice to see new disc releases.

Second option for me too.

Right now only local files, a directory filled with your trailers...
When I get everything integrated properly it will be easy to add an option to include youtube trailers...

(2013-12-27, 21:08)chrixod Wrote: I am having two issues, i updated everything, Like it says on page 1. Problem one, when I open channel configuration from within XBMC I just get a blank screen, apart from on my pre built channels.

So I resorted to editing t#seting2.xml

I followed the advice and copied the Youtube set up instructions, I cant get Motortrend to work using these settings
<setting id="Channel_99_type" value="10" />
<setting id="Channel_99_1" value="MotorTrend" />
<setting id="Channel_99_2" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_99_3" value="100" />
<setting id="Channel_99_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_99_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_99_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_99_rule_1_opt_1" value="MotorTrend" />

i want to get the young Turks running but no look there
Log?
Massive noob, Where do I find the logs for ptvl?
(2013-12-27, 21:16)chrixod Wrote: Massive noob, Where do I find the logs for ptvl?
maybe someone else can help...
would it have hurt to read the posts in this forum first?
I have been reading this fourm for 2 days. I cant find them.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file

OP says nothing about how to get a log. Lunatixz assumes that everyone must have as much computer literacy as he does. I'm sure he'd tell me how much I'm the one being the dick, but he'd never even see this post as I'm sure I'm on his ignore list for asking for a little understanding
(2013-12-27, 21:28)redhalo Wrote: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file

OP says nothing about how to get a log. Lunatixz assumes that everyone must have as much computer literacy as he does. I'm sure he'd tell me how much I'm the one being the dick, but he'd never even see this post as I'm sure I'm on his ignore list for asking for a little understanding

Thank you, I didn't realize he want the log file for XBMC I thought it was for the addon.
(2013-12-27, 21:16)chrixod Wrote: Massive noob, Where do I find the logs for ptvl?

I feel your pain, but are you going to explain to everyone in this thread why instead of reading and doing your diligence... your stopping me from adding BCT's inorder to spoon feed you basic, easily searchable info?

Maybe someone else can help... I'm busy adding features...

@redhalo, mind your business... Do you really except me to stop what i'm doing to answer a question that has been answered a dozen times?? your pipping in on other ppls business is exactly why your on my ignore list!!
  • 125(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45