• 129(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-12-28, 21:39)Redkiller223 Wrote: Luna is there any way when using autotune to not build a channel if there isn't enough entrys? I've been using mylibrary to scrape hulu (free), and end up with a bunch of 1 show channels. Thanks man.

Not at the moment, Can't promise I'll remember... So if you can remind me later on in the development of this addon...

For now you can use autotune custom playlists instead of the other options...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Okay trailers is just about finished...

your options will be "Disabled|Local Folder|Internet (Local Titles)|Youtube (Channel)|All"
  • Disabled = Off
    Local folder = all local files in a folder that contain '-trailer' in the file name. It's recursive so it will look in all sub folders. (Option: select folder)
    Internet (Local Titles) = XBMC json query which yields Internet trailers for the titles in your library only. (Option : Sort by genre, Action channel will get Action trailers, etc)
    Youtube (Channel) = User enters a youtube channel that has trailers, PTVL parses data. (Option: Channel name).
    All = ALL trailers from the above sources, without genre sorting, Genre sorting only works for Internet (Local Titles).

All trailers are added as a "Stack" to the video prior to it. the duration if found is added to the movie duration. Making an all inclusive playlist. This hides BCT's from the EPG...
(2013-12-28, 23:57)Lunatixz Wrote: Internet (Local Titles) = XBMC json query which yields Internet trailers for the titles in your library only. (Option : Sort by genre, Action channel will get Action trailers, etc)

I was going to ask about this when asking about the trailer sources, but wasn't sure if 'library trailers' would be possible. What do you(and others) think about an option to only play trailers from unwatched movies? Would this be possible? As an extension to that(maybe out of the scope of this script), an 'On Demand' interaction with those trailers. Clicking 'Play Now' or add to a 'On Demand' configurable channel type. I know this isn't what PTVL is for, just a suggestion.
(2013-12-29, 00:44)spyder Wrote:
(2013-12-28, 23:57)Lunatixz Wrote: Internet (Local Titles) = XBMC json query which yields Internet trailers for the titles in your library only. (Option : Sort by genre, Action channel will get Action trailers, etc)

I was going to ask about this when asking about the trailer sources, but wasn't sure if 'library trailers' would be possible. What do you(and others) think about an option to only play trailers from unwatched movies? Would this be possible? As an extension to that(maybe out of the scope of this script), an 'On Demand' interaction with those trailers. Clicking 'Play Now' or add to a 'On Demand' configurable channel type. I know this isn't what PTVL is for, just a suggestion.

What if you only have one unwatched movie, you want that trailer to replay after ever show on ever channel, over and over again? I'm not sure I want to play around with limiting trailers in that way...
As for On demand its not out of the realm of possibility's, but the amount of time to code may be more then I can spare. I'm sure when I run out of features to add, this will be something I work on...
Curious - is anybody using the master branch with livetv via hdhomerun? I am considering setting this up to see how it works.
(2013-12-29, 02:25)bry- Wrote: Curious - is anybody using the master branch with livetv via hdhomerun? I am considering setting this up to see how it works.

I am using the master branch along with livetv via hdhomerun. I tried configuring it as the example provided on page 1 for livetv
<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="I60159.labs.zap2it.com" />
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="hdhomerun://xxxxxxxD-1/tuner1?channel=qam256:399000000&program=2" />
<setting id="Channel_#_3" value="xmltv" />

however doing it this way was causing unbearable buffering so I changed it to this approach:
<setting id="Channel_20_type" value="8" />
<setting id="Channel_20_1" value="I2.1.16689.tmsdatadirect.com" />
<setting id="Channel_20_2" value="http://xxx.xxx.x.x:9981/stream/channelid/3?ticket=7962B48B91CE53B2BAEB7C25B8B56E746191B6F0" /> (xxx's being my ip addr)
<setting id="Channel_20_3" value="xmltv" />
and there is no buffering and runs great. I am using a HDHomerun Dual tuner running on an openelec machine. Unfortunately I can't explain why one approach works and the other didn't but the combination of this plugin along with live tv is amazing.
@photo848 - thanks for the info! i'll see if I can test this out tomorrow with a few chans. Curious - how many livetv chans are you using? I have a total of 56.
(2013-12-29, 03:13)bry- Wrote: @photo848 - thanks for the info! i'll see if I can test this out tomorrow with a few chans. Curious - how many livetv chans are you using? I have a total of 56.

I am only loading 18 for now into PTVL even though I can get close to 60 between NY and PA OTA stations. Most of them we just don't watch so I decided to just pull in the ones we do. I created a number of You Tube channels which work great, my problem now is I can't seem to get strm files or direct RTMP urls to work, still learning how to do this Blush
Good luck.
I love this add on. It is going to finally allow me to convince my wife to cut the cable. I am a complete nube with xml but actually have things working pretty well however I am having 2 issues with streams.
The first and more serious is with live tv streams from my hdhomerun. I have created stream files and set up the channels the way you described in the 2nd post but they will just freeze on me at random times. Switching the channel and then changing it back usually fixes it, if I leave it on the channel it says it is buffering and eventually starts playing again but not where it left off it starts back live and we miss 3-5 min of the program. This does not make sence to me since this is OTA and not streaming via the internet.
The second is for my channels generatged from hulu strms. When I choose a channel in the middle of a program it skips to the next time slot and starts that show instead. I am assuming this is an issue with hulu not being able to start a strm in the middle.
Of the 2 of these the first one is more of an issue for me, I do not seem have this problem when playing live tv via the mediaportal add on so it is not my signal.
If anyone else has these issues or has found a fix for them I could really use some help.
Thanks,
-Chris
Vevo tv autotune doesn't seem to work. Gives the black screen of death.

http://pastebin.com/hitgDJGu

(2013-12-29, 04:38)chrisny9 Wrote: I love this add on. It is going to finally allow me to convince my wife to cut the cable. I am a complete nube with xml but actually have things working pretty well however I am having 2 issues with streams.
The first and more serious is with live tv streams from my hdhomerun. I have created stream files and set up the channels the way you described in the 2nd post but they will just freeze on me at random times. Switching the channel and then changing it back usually fixes it, if I leave it on the channel it says it is buffering and eventually starts playing again but not where it left off it starts back live and we miss 3-5 min of the program. This does not make sence to me since this is OTA and not streaming via the internet.
The second is for my channels generatged from hulu strms. When I choose a channel in the middle of a program it skips to the next time slot and starts that show instead. I am assuming this is an issue with hulu not being able to start a strm in the middle.
Of the 2 of these the first one is more of an issue for me, I do not seem have this problem when playing live tv via the mediaportal add on so it is not my signal.
If anyone else has these issues or has found a fix for them I could really use some help.
Thanks,
-Chris

I had that problem with hulu as well. Make sure that you have all of the ad's/commercial options turned off in the hulu plugin settings. Its works great for me after that.
(2013-12-29, 04:42)Redkiller223 Wrote: Vevo tv autotune doesn't seem to work. Gives the black screen of death.

(2013-12-29, 04:38)chrisny9 Wrote: I love this add on. It is going to finally allow me to convince my wife to cut the cable. I am a complete nube with xml but actually have things working pretty well however I am having 2 issues with streams.
Thanks,
-Chris

I had that problem with hulu as well. Make sure that you have all of the ad's/commercial options turned off in the hulu plugin settings. Its works great for me after that.

vevo link I was using is down... thanks for the heads up

(2013-12-29, 04:42)Redkiller223 Wrote: Vevo tv autotune doesn't seem to work. Gives the black screen of death.

Thanks,
-Chris

Hulu also works great for me, no problems... issue with your hdhomerun has nothing to do with PTVL, once something starts playing you're using xbmc player, not PTVL...
::Update::
BCT's will have the following options for interleaving: Auto|1|2|3|4|5 Each, Bumper, Commercial, and Trailer will have those options, how they work?
Auto:
PTVL will take the remaining time between the previous show and the rounded half-hour filling at random (bumpers, commercials, trailers). In a pairing that will best fills that slot of time.
So if you have a show that is 28mins long, and you have all three set to auto. PTVL will look to fill the 2 mins with whatever combination comes closes to that 2 min time slot.
This adds the "PseudoTV" effect of rounded time slots...

1-5:
PTVL Will place that limit between each show, So a configuration of:
Bumpers = 1
Commercials = 2
Trailers = 1
Will at random grab and interleave those four files between each show.

Should be noted that Movie channels have separate option to enable trailers only, no Bumpers or commercials...

Since this has the potential to really mess things up with PTVL, I need testers, before I push the updates... if you meet the below requirements; PM me...

1. Your experienced with both computers and PTVL
2. Running XBMC on windows
3. You have a pretty decent collection of bumpers, commercials and trailers...
4. You gave the time to play around with all different channel combinations and send me logs for analysis.

On a personal note, this feature is starting to look pretty cool, lol
I might have to build up a collection of (bumpers, commercials and trailers) for myself.

The only real problem I see ATM is the bug with youtube that causes PTVL to exit... If anyone has any ideas of why the youtube plugin shuts down PTVL, or if you know of a method of play youtube videos directly without the need for the plug...let me know Smile
Can someone give me some pointers please. I am struggling (again, I know) to set up the PVR in PTV.
Would really appreciate it, as I have been turning in circles for the past two weeks.

I have the Mediaportal plugin working inside XBMC and can watch LiveTV. I point PTV (0.2.4) to the folder
containing my XMLTV scraped XML file and tell PTV through Autotune to set up LiveTV.
It just doesn't work unfortunately and I don't understand where it fails, could someone give me a heads up.

I enabled debug in both PTV and XBMC.

http://pastebin.com/apkj6aEx

XML File:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m03bnmib2xr0o0...tation.xml

THanks anyway

Edit: Solved: XML file must be named xmltv.xml not something else!
Is there anyway to prevent media stubs from being picked up by PseudoTV?
I was trying to get you tube playlists working today but having no success, [BSOD or bad channel setups], and a search through the thread and the updates on the first few posts would suggest that any major issues there were fixed...could someone share a quick excerpt from their settings2 file of one they have working?

YT channels work fine for me, but I'm struggling with the right syntax and where exactly to replace the 1 with a 2 to indicate a playlist, and where to paste the URL, in the line <setting id="Channel_#_1" value= , or the line <setting id="Channel_#_2" value=

Thanks!!!
  • 129(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45