• 137(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-01-05, 22:43)ylafont Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 18:47)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 11:06)ylafont Wrote: Let me know.

I appreciate what you are trying to do...
Please don't post links to any feeds or steams. We don't need xbmc forum moderators closing this thread.

Drop pls and try strm.

Forgive me Lunatixz, I was unaware that was frowned upon.

Renamin the file to strm did not work.

No problem, I'm cool with it... but the forum recently closed a whole thread ("livestream") that's been around for years; because of a users posting feed links...

I don't need to bring that nonsense here, i'm sure you can agree...

@smurfet, it sounds to me like your're completely new to XBMC. I suggest you head to XBMC wiki and do some reading on how xbmc works, where files are stored and how to configure and use plugins/addon, etc.
This forum is for Pseudotv Live not a how to use xbmc... there are plenty of threads and topics that can help you gain the basic knowledge you're missing... Once informed, I will be more then happy to help you with your PTVL setup.

If a good Samaritan wants to PM you instructions; great... but I rather not do it here!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-01-05, 22:50)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 22:43)ylafont Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 18:47)Lunatixz Wrote: I appreciate what you are trying to do...
Please don't post links to any feeds or steams. We don't need xbmc forum moderators closing this thread.

Drop pls and try strm.

Forgive me Lunatixz, I was unaware that was frowned upon.

No problem, I'm cool with it... but the forum recently closed a whole thread ("livestream") that's been around for years; because of a users posting feed links...

@smurfet, it sounds to me like your're completely new to XBMC. I suggest you head to XBMC wiki and do some reading on how xbmc works, where files are stored and how to configure and use plugins/addon, etc.
This forum is for Pseudotv Live not a how to use xbmc... there are plenty of threads and topics that can help you gain the basic knowledge you're missing... Once informed, I will be more then happy to help you with your PTVL setup.

If a good Samaritan wants to PM you instructions; great... but I rather not do it here!

But im just looking for where the settings2.xml file is in your zip file
(2014-01-05, 22:58)smurfet Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 22:50)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 22:43)ylafont Wrote: Forgive me Lunatixz, I was unaware that was frowned upon.

Did you install the plugin?
(2014-01-05, 23:02)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 22:58)smurfet Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 22:50)Lunatixz Wrote: No problem, I'm cool with it... but the forum recently closed a whole thread ("livestream") that's been around for years; because of a users posting feed links...

thanks for sticking with me i really appreciate it

yeh i downloaded a folder called script.pseudotv.live-master..zip copied it to usb then copied it to pivos xios which has xbmc on it went into add on install from zip which installed sussufully then went into programmes and sure enough pseudo live tv was there and havd bbc stream revision stream and 2 more so im sure i installed the plugin? If i need to do more i must have missed something forgive me

should i have installed a plugin of some sort?? please forgive me i have used only psuedo tv in the past for local media

if not where have i gone wrong
(2014-01-05, 23:07)smurfet Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 23:02)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 22:58)smurfet Wrote: But im just looking for where the settings2.xml file is in your zip file

yeh i downloaded a folder called script.pseudotv.live-master..zip copied it to usb then copied it to pivos xios which has xbmc went into programmes and sure enought pseudo live tv was there so im sure i installed the plugin?

should i have installed a plugin of some sort?? please forgive me i have used only psuedo tv in the past for local media

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ecific_FAQ
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-ons
(2014-01-05, 23:13)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 23:07)smurfet Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 23:02)Lunatixz Wrote: Did you install the plugin?

yeh i downloaded a folder called script.pseudotv.live-master..zip copied it to usb then copied it to pivos xios which has xbmc went into programmes and sure enought pseudo live tv was there so im sure i installed the plugin?

Lunatix thanks for trying to help me

Im going to have to give up on this addon I was hoping to use it but its getting too frustrating let alone introduce my co- workers to this add on and try and explain it to them too

I did understand the first page but got really puzzled at the settings2..xml file every body is talking bout

so far i downloaded a master folder zip copied it to my pivios xios which has a full working xbmc on there

sussufully enabled Psuedo Live Tv saw a few channel max 4 BBC NEWS, REVISON AND 2 MORE I DONT RECALL THE NAME OF

Wanted to add additional youtube channels and playlist to the defaults channels already in Psuedo Live tv

Read a post on page 1941 which helped extremellly understood it fully which pointed out find a settings2.xml and paste the following code below into a settings2.xml file which i simply cant find and would not have a clue where to look

QUOTE FROM INDY STAR POST 1941

You can copy and past these lines into your settings2.xml and the channels will load. Use it as an example and you should be able to go find your own Youtube channels and change those few lines to load what you want from Youtube.

Hope that helps you and anyone else that needs examples to get it to work. It took me a bit of playing around to get it working as expected, but the first page is a wealth of information if you can just digest everything on there. Luna has done a pretty good job of explaining but sometimes direct examples of working syntax are helpful so you can see change working syntax to what you need to see how it works. I know that helps me learn like that. Luna's default channels of settings2.xml are what I used to learn.

THANKS HOPE I GET TO USE THIS ADD ON ONE DAY AS I REALLY ENJOYED THE PROSPECT OFADDING OF LIVE CHANNELS AND YOUTUBE LINKS

THANKS
(2014-01-05, 23:32)smurfet Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 23:13)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 23:07)smurfet Wrote: thanks for sticking with me i really appreciate it

Im going to have to give up on this addon I was hoping to use it but its getting too frustrating let alone introduce my co- workers to this add on and try and explain it to them too

I did understand the first page but got really puzzled at the settings2..xml file every body is talking bout

so far i downloaded a master folder zip copied it to my pivios xios which has a full working xbmc on there

sussufully enabled Psuedo Live Tv saw a few channel max 4 BBC NEWS, REVISON AND 2 MORE I DONT RECALL THE NAME OF

Wanted to add additional youtube channels and playlist to the defaults channels already in Psuedo Live tv

Read a post on page 1941 which helped extremellly understood it fully which pointed out find a settings2.xml and paste the following code below into a settings2.xml file which i simply cant find and would not have a clue where to look

You can copy and past these lines into your settings2.xml and the channels will load. Use it as an example and you should be able to go find your own Youtube channels and change those few lines to load what you want from Youtube.

Hope that helps you and anyone else that needs examples to get it to work. It took me a bit of playing around to get it working as expected, but the first page is a wealth of information if you can just digest everything on there. Luna has done a pretty good job of explaining but sometimes direct examples of working syntax are helpful so you can see change working syntax to what you need to see how it works. I know that helps me learn like that. Luna's default channels of settings2.xml are what I used to learn.

THANKS HOPE I GET TO USE THIS ADD ON ONE DAY AS I REALLY ENJOYED THE PROSPECT OFADDING OF LIVE CHANNELS AND YOUTUBE LINKS

THANKS

But you never installed the addon? and don't know how to... so why concern yourself with the settings2.xml.
One step at a time, I encourage you to read the wiki links I sent you...

A major question I have that really baffles me is, if it is installed, why haven't you at least started it?
(2014-01-05, 23:43)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 23:32)smurfet Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 23:13)Lunatixz Wrote: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ecific_FAQ

THANKS

But you never installed the addon? and don't know how to... so why concern yourself with the settings2.xml.
One step at a time, I encourage you to read the wiki links I sent you...

I have read the links you have sent me but im not clear which add on you are refering to a name would be helpful to me

i know how to install addons as i have installed addons in the past navi x and psuedo tv etc which is go into system addons and install from zip file which is exactly the process i have done with this add one download the masterzip for Psuedo live tv and installed it in the same process

Have i got the wrong file? If so please direct me to which add on you are saying i have still not installed

Which add on are we refering to here please would you be kind enough to explain please and where to find the add on download location and does it make any differnce if the actual xbmc is on a pivos xios? or does it have to specifically be on a pc

i have installed and started it like i said above and it had bbc stream from youtube and a revison youtube stream etc

This seems to be turning into a argument which i feel is un nessacery i am only here to use your addon which seems to be turning into a fight

For no apparent reason at all
(2014-01-05, 21:43)Lunatixz Wrote: @smurfet, someone already tried to help paulmd, why not read that post, its on the same page and directs you to your answers...

::Update::

I pushed some tweaks for coming up artwork...

If the channel coming up is local media, PTVL looks for artwork in your media folder (just like dynamic artwork).
If the media is a plugin, PTVL will use the "icon.png" for that plugin...

any feedback on BCT's, anyone using it?

So does local commercials work? I keep getting this in my logs.....

Code:
16:18:55 T:5080   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: GetCommercialList, Local.LocalFLE = GEICO Spelling Bee Commercial - Did You Know Old MacDonald Was a Really Bad Speller.mp4
16:18:55 T:5080   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-VideoParser: getVideoLength E:\com\/GEICO Spelling Bee Commercial - Did You Know Old MacDonald Was a Really Bad Speller.mp4
16:18:55 T:5080   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-VideoParser: os name is nt
16:18:55 T:5080   DEBUG: MP4Parser: determineLength E:\com\/GEICO Spelling Bee Commercial - Did You Know Old MacDonald Was a Really Bad Speller.mp4
16:18:55 T:5080   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileAccess: trying to open E:\com\/GEICO Spelling Bee Commercial - Did You Know Old MacDonald Was a Really Bad Speller.mp4
16:18:55 T:5080   DEBUG: MP4Parser: No file block
16:18:55 T:5080   DEBUG: MP4Parser: Duration: 0
(2014-01-06, 00:30)Redkiller223 Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 21:43)Lunatixz Wrote: @smurfet, someone already tried to help paulmd, why not read that post, its on the same page and directs you to your answers...

If the channel coming up is local media, PTVL looks for artwork in your media folder (just like dynamic artwork).

Code:
16:18:55 T:5080   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: GetCommercialList, Local.LocalFLE = GEICO Spelling Bee Commercial - Did You Know Old MacDonald Was a Really Bad Speller.mp4
16:18:55 T:5080   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-VideoParser: getVideoLength E:\com\/GEICO Spelling Bee Commercial - Did You Know Old MacDonald Was a Really Bad Speller.mp4
16:18:55 T:5080   DEBUG: MP4Parser: determineLength E:\com\/GEICO Spelling Bee Commercial - Did You Know Old MacDonald Was a Really Bad Speller.mp4
16:18:55 T:5080   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileAccess: trying to open E:\com\/GEICO Spelling Bee Commercial - Did You Know Old MacDonald Was a Really Bad Speller.mp4

Full log?
(2014-01-06, 00:34)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 00:30)Redkiller223 Wrote:

Code:

Full log?

http://pastebin.com/HWLjcVjh
(2014-01-06, 00:47)Redkiller223 Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 00:34)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 00:30)Redkiller223 Wrote: So does local commercials work? I keep getting this in my logs.....

Code:

Full log?

Okay I think I see the problem, its with the path... I'll push a fix later, and please let me know if it solves your problem...

before I push a change, please send me a log with debugging enabled i PTVL and the problem with commercials... want to double check...
or change line 3415 in channellist.py

Code:
filename = (PATH + '/' + LocalFLE)
to:
Code:
filename = (PATH + LocalFLE)

let me know if that works...
(2013-12-30, 07:14)Indy_star Wrote:
Code:
<setting id="Channel_853_type" value="10" />
    <setting id="Channel_853_1" value="PL9bsPVRSg1sl0kSa99jrim69esS0lQrkF" />
    <setting id="Channel_853_2" value="2" />
    <setting id="Channel_853_3" value="50" />
    <setting id="Channel_853_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="Channel_853_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_853_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_853_rule_1_opt_1" value="KidsTV123 Youtube" />

1st line we specify it is Youtube with a value of "10"
2nd line we specify a playlist. You get this from the URL of the playlist you are using. The first page has perfect example of what is needed, but if it doesn't make sense, I will clarify even further, just ask.
3rd line we tell the Pluggin that we are specifying a Playlist from Youtube. Value "2" = Playlist from Youtube.

For the most part leave the rest the same, last line is the channel name you want to call it. So "KidsTV123 Youtube" you would specify a name that means something to you.

I have copied and pasted this into my settings2.xml file, I changed the playlist path to a playlist I created earlier today of music videos... I get black screen and the loading popup steady keeps trying to load up and eventually PTV will close... it does show up in my EPG and I have even copied and pasted the example above into my file and it works, but if I take it and edit the channel number, the name, and the playlist path I get black screen... any help? my playlist is a public list on YT, does that matter, I would prefer to make them unlisted or private if possible...

UPDATE: I created a second channel using some longer files, they were posted by individuals and that channel works, but the playlist channel I created using music videos, like vevo videos, any chance they have some sort of block on thoseHuh
(2014-01-05, 16:52)ThorC1138 Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 09:13)paulmd Wrote: I can't seem to get a YoutubeTV channel working from a YouTube playlist.
Could someone possibly post an example of what a settings2.xml looks like with a functioning YoutubeTV playlist channel?

Check post #1941 for a good example

Thanks for this!

So that's exactly what my playlist channel looked like, so I did some more troubleshooting. The important thing that I had overlooked was that all my YouTube playlists are "private." Once I switched them to "unlisted" ... perfect!
(2014-01-06, 01:45)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 00:47)Redkiller223 Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 00:34)Lunatixz Wrote: Full log?

Okay I think I see the problem, its with the path... I'll push a fix later, and please let me know if it solves your problem...

before I push a change, please send me a log with debugging enabled i PTVL and the problem with commercials... want to double check...
or change line 3415 in channellist.py

Code:
filename = (PATH + '/' + LocalFLE)
to:
Code:
filename = (PATH + LocalFLE)

let me know if that works...

Yes sir. That did the trick.

Almost forgot the log....... http://pastebin.com/Frf1DpgS
  • 137(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45