• 139(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-01-06, 19:42)redhalo Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 15:31)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm running out of ideas... anyone have a feature request? or bug that needs fixing?

Would it be an option be doable to reverse the order of youtube channels? So that they air in chronological order?

I'd like to see a shuffle of the videos instead of them playing in the same order.
(2014-01-06, 19:14)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 18:58)darkdantae Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 15:31)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm running out of ideas... anyone have a feature request? or bug that needs fixing?

What do you have in mind for PVR? Live streaming pause and rewind? Scheduling of recording shows, (new only, all, etc)?
A more detailed scheduling method. E.G. Everyday at 5pm I want 2 Seinfeld episodes (at random) followed by 2 law and order episodes, followed by 1 comedy movie.

PVR will include:
LiveTV - Record using backend, if no backend option to add show to sickbeard/couchpotato queue
Internet,Youtube,Rss - download to file.

As for scheduling...
Am I wrong to believe this can be done already? Last I remember jason102 added a pretty robust level of rules that make almost any configuration possible.... Is something not working?
When I get time, I'll look into it... But have you tried:

Channel 1 - hidden, Seinfeild
Channel 2 - hidden, Law and order
Channel 3 - hidden, interleave channel 1 and 2
Channel 4 - Interleave channel 3 at 5pm

I have not tried that, thanks for the tip. I will put it together once I get my openelec system fully operational (should be a within a few days.) I think the only thing is like Daavid has said it works, but not as elegant, but as long as I can get it done, than that is great.

Not to belabor this, But correct me if I am wrong on if my understanding of the PVR is incorrect, assuming you have a backend system to record.
- You can schedule via EPG any recordings.
- What you are watching now, no ability to pause or rewind.
(2014-01-06, 19:58)darkdantae Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 19:14)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 18:58)darkdantae Wrote: What do you have in mind for PVR? Live streaming pause and rewind? Scheduling of recording shows, (new only, all, etc)?
A more detailed scheduling method. E.G. Everyday at 5pm I want 2 Seinfeld episodes (at random) followed by 2 law and order episodes, followed by 1 comedy movie.

PVR will include:
LiveTV - Record using backend, if no backend option to add show to sickbeard/couchpotato queue

@Redkiller223, set a channel rule to random Smile now its shuffled...
As for scheduling...
Am I wrong to believe this can be done already? Last I remember jason102 added a pretty robust level of rules that make almost any configuration possible.... Is something not working?

I have not tried that, thanks for the tip. I will put it together once I get my openelec system fully operational (should be a within a few days.) I think the only thing is like Daavid has said it works, but not as elegant, but as long as I can get it done, than that is great.

Not to belabor this, But correct me if I am wrong on if my understanding of the PVR is incorrect, assuming you have a backend system to record.

Pause and rewind depends on your XBMC PVR backend, no backend... no PVR features for LiveTV (except for queuing to sickbeard/couchpotato).
As for scheduling via EPG, it would be very basic scheduling (no repeat or weekly functions)...

referring to "not as elegant" for channel setup...
There won't ever be an elegant solution; I can't began to assume all the infinite channel combinations users would want... So I could never write code to automate it.
All I can do is make sure the rules in place work, and hope that users share their experiences to help assist others who want to create complex lineups...

@Redkiller223, set a "random" channel rule for the youtube channel, now its shuffled Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?

Possibility to use/parse epgdatabase instead of xmltv for channels that use a pvr backend!
(2014-01-06, 20:25)Lunatixz Wrote: @Redkiller223, set a "random" channel rule for the youtube channel, now its shuffled Smile

I thought the random channel rule played in the same order but just started in a random spot? I think the original PseudoTV didn't have a true random rule because it was relying on the ability to make playlists sort randomly. Unless I'm mistaken.
(2014-01-06, 20:25)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 19:58)darkdantae Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 19:14)Lunatixz Wrote: PVR will include:

@Redkiller223, set a channel rule to random Smile now its shuffled...
As for scheduling...

Pause and rewind depends on your XBMC PVR backend, no backend... no PVR features for LiveTV (except for queuing to sickbeard/couchpotato).
As for scheduling via EPG, it would be very basic scheduling (no repeat or weekly functions)...

referring to "not as elegant" for channel setup...
There won't ever be an elegant solution; I can't began to assume all the infinite channel combinations users would want... So I could never write code to automate it.
All I can do is make sure the rules in place work, and hope that users share their experiences to help assist others who want to create complex lineups...

@Redkiller223, set a "random" channel rule for the youtube channel, now its shuffled Smile

As far as elegance for scheduling and the idea I had. It was actually BCTs from the old TVTime that made me think of the rating setting. Its similar in that BCTs are doable using interleaving rules, but your latest solution knocks it out of the park. It becomes so much easier to setup something that could be otherwise hellishly time consuming.
(2014-01-06, 20:28)pünktchen Wrote:

Possibility to use/parse epgdatabase instead of xmltv for channels that use a pvr backend!

The EPG data from the backend to XBMC isn't universal and is plugin specific. I would have to write code for each backend... its easier to use the universal xmltv file that you already have... since most backends require one.

Hate shooting all these ideas down, lol.
But i'm sure you can agree my answers validate the reason.
Ooooh - I saw someone had an idea a few weeks back (sorry I can't credit the person, can't remember who they were) to introduce a categories screen on the EPG. So when EPG opens you could select the LiveTV category, or the Sports category, or Kids etc. and then it would being you to the matching channels list. Not sure how possible that is, but with a growing number of channels it could be a useful feature.
(2014-01-06, 20:25)Lunatixz Wrote: @Redkiller223, set a "random" channel rule for the youtube channel, now its shuffled Smile

Wow. I just figured out that you have to press enter in order for the channel rules to show up. Sleepy I kept clicking on the 1. line and nothing ever happened.
(2014-01-06, 20:57)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 20:28)pünktchen Wrote:

The EPG data from the backend to XBMC isn't universal and is plugin specific. I would have to write code for each backend... its easier to use the universal xmltv file that you already have... since most backends require one.

No i didn't meant to directly access the backend but the xbmc sqlite database "epg7.db"
So we can use DVBEPG which every backend can provide and the backend specific plugins like "TVMovie Clickfinder" in MediaPortal.
(2014-01-06, 21:29)pünktchen Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 20:57)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 20:28)pünktchen Wrote: Possibility to use/parse epgdatabase instead of xmltv for channels that use a pvr backend!

No i didn't meant to directly access the backend but the xbmc sqlite database "epg7.db"
So we can use DVBEPG which every backend can provide and the backend specific plugins like "TVMovie Clickfinder" in MediaPortal.

I'll look into it...

Not sure if you are planning on fully integrating audio stream, I found some difference between them.

As i was playing with adding local radio station. i think i found a bug.

When enter PTVL and selecting a radio station, everything works as expected. However when i exit and re-enter, the XBMC hone screen does not change. leaving the XBMC menu in view.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5885...hot009.png

If one changes to a LIveTV channel, only audio is available., so you have to exit and re-enter.

Feature. - (I think i know the answer but,) Can their be an entry point to the configuration menu from withing PSTL?
Feature. - capture Streaming Information from Audio track (Song Name, Artist) capture to text file and send to Headphones option.
Feature - incorporate mc2xml or read guide data from the TV backend.
Feature - have you thought about using a MySql DB for the guide data?
Feature - option to have PTVL send all working streams to a centralize location to share links with everyone.

Is the WIP Skin Ready?

I can send you a list of local radio station to test with.
Also very interested in the service you had mentioned before that would run in the background in order to build guide data even if PTVL wasn't running
Any feedback on BCT's and Coming up artwork? is it working, any tweaks needed? , etc...
(2014-01-04, 20:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-04, 20:38)Dumyat Wrote: When you switch channels does the dynamic artwork option need to be enabled to get the poster and logo to show up for local movie files?

Dynamic artwork means that while you scroll through the EPG the infocus (highlighted) media's artwork is displayed and changes. Instead of just displaying the artwork for what is playing.

So Yes it needs to be enabled to work, but if you don't have the artwork stored locally it won't display, you need to run artwork downloader script.

for LiveTV you don't need the artwork stored locally, but you need to enable api's inorder to parse and store show data.

Hi Lunatixz, My movie posters are still not showing up. I have enabled dynamic artwork. All other artwork shows up fine. Do I need to get a TMDB API to get the posters to show? I was under the impression that the API key was needed for streamed content which has no local artwork, or is there something else wrong?

I am puzzled as to why my movie posters are effected and for other users shows fine (as far as the lack of questions/complaints int the forum goes.)
My movie collection is scraped and tagged with Media Companion. Then scanned into XBMC with the IMDB scraper.

The artwork Downloader addon downloads all the rest of the artwork for me in the respective movie folders. All my shows and movies have all the artwork and everything shows fine within normal XBMC. I have run out of ideas Sad
  • 139(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45