• 141(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
@ Daavid, Indy_star, that kind of mod would require rewriting the overlay completely. Unfortunately I don't have the time to commit to a project of that size.

Donor exclusive "internet" commercials is almost finished.
PTVL will parse two commercial databases and return recent videos...

Also next update will include various tweaks...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-01-07, 18:54)Indy_star Wrote: I would also love the start-up channel. My wife just called me at work to yell at me that she can't get the TV working and it keeps starting and exiting which probably means the channel that was last on is not working. The sorted Guide by Genre also sounds like a great idea as well as page up and down to jump through the Guide.

I would still love to have the option to jump around the guide as well as previously mentioned. I have all my Live TV channels bunched together and if I don't know what I want to watch, instead of scrolling through the Guide (mine continues to grow and is getting quite long to navigate), I can jump to that section and then scroll through what I want. I workaround this by first jumping to the first channel in that section and then opening the guide which has the same results but I have to leave my current program just to see what else might be on. Not huge, but would love the feature as we were use to it. If your working on the Page UP/Down hopefully this could get implemented as well.

I like the start-up channel idea, this would be a neat way to have a "local" channel and it could either be security cameras, or maybe a channel where you have detail weather (5 day outlook or radar or both in a revolving function) then maybe setup a RSS stream at the bottom to scroll family / household news like "Soccer practice M-W-F at 5pm" "Pay the Power Bill" "Jane Doe's B-Day January 7th" etc...
(2014-01-07, 19:10)Justin9 Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 18:54)Indy_star Wrote: I would also love the start-up channel. My wife just called me at work to yell at me that she can't get the TV working and it keeps starting and exiting which probably means the channel that was last on is not working. The sorted Guide by Genre also sounds like a great idea as well as page up and down to jump through the Guide.

I would still love to have the option to jump around the guide as well as previously mentioned. I have all my Live TV channels bunched together and if I don't know what I want to watch, instead of scrolling through the Guide (mine continues to grow and is getting quite long to navigate), I can jump to that section and then scroll through what I want. I workaround this by first jumping to the first channel in that section and then opening the guide which has the same results but I have to leave my current program just to see what else might be on. Not huge, but would love the feature as we were use to it. If your working on the Page UP/Down hopefully this could get implemented as well.

I like the start-up channel idea, this would be a neat way to have a "local" channel and it could either be security cameras, or maybe a channel where you have detail weather (5 day outlook or radar or both in a revolving function) then maybe setup a RSS stream at the bottom to scroll family / household news like "Soccer practice M-W-F at 5pm" "Pay the Power Bill" "Jane Doe's B-Day January 7th" etc...

I could possibly turn channel 1 into a TV Guide that shows the channel logo, name of channel and channel number.

::Update::

V.0.2.7 Posted, Donors please make sure you enter USERTongueASS under Misc settings, and then click "Update Donor Features"
This will activate new features that were added, when I add to the features. I will remind you to "update".
Pushed a mistake, wait till v.0.2.8
Awesome, great job.

I recently purchased an IP camera as well. The videostream is .cgi,
is it possible to include that as a channel? Couldn't find this info on page 1.
(2014-01-07, 19:45)MovieJunky Wrote: Awesome, great job.

I recently purchased an IP camera as well. The videostream is .cgi,
is it possible to include that as a channel? Couldn't find this info on page 1.

yeah, I have my foscam working as a channel
(2014-01-07, 19:06)Lunatixz Wrote: @ Daavid, Indy_star, that kind of mod would require rewriting the overlay completely. Unfortunately I don't have the time to commit to a project of that size.

Donor exclusive "internet" commercials is almost finished.
PTVL will parse two commercial databases and return recent videos...

Also next update will include various tweaks...

Understood, thanks for looking into it.
Quote:I could possibly turn channel 1 into a TV Guide that shows the channel logo, name of channel and channel number.

Love this idea...always wanted a TV guide style channel.
I would like to know if anyone has a preference on which TV Backend works best with PTVL. Currently i am using MythTV and have about a 5 second delay with each channel switch and I am wondering if it could be improved. thanks.
Is there anyway to edit the font size in the epg? My wife insists it is too small for her to read from the couch.

@Indy_star why in gods name would you leave beta software setup for a woman that is not familiar on how to get things working on her own? You are just asking to get bitched at.
(2014-01-07, 21:45)bry- Wrote: @Indy_star why in gods name would you leave beta software setup for a woman that is not familiar on how to get things working on her own? You are just asking to get bitched at.

HAHAHA, your so right. It works 90% of the time it's just this dead channel problem that she can't deal with. I can't believe she refuses to learn to edit XML, I don't get it! Wink Cool

(2014-01-07, 21:37)chrisny9 Wrote: Is there anyway to edit the font size in the epg? My wife insists it is too small for her to read from the couch.

I told my wife the only way to fix it is a bigger TV.
(2014-01-07, 19:15)Lunatixz Wrote: Your missing poster.jpg... which is the standard name in frodo. Not MovieTitle-poster.jpg. That's why posters aren't working... The rest look named correctly.

You were absolutely right. I have changed my artwork naming and everything is now showing up as intended. Thanks for shedding light on that.

(2014-01-07, 19:15)Lunatixz Wrote: I could possibly turn channel 1 into a TV Guide that shows the channel logo, name of channel and channel number.

..Will that be optional? I ask because I already have channel 1 as a guide channel and would'nt want to change that.

I see from a few posts back that you are also working on writing a windows and android companion tool for PTVL. That is great news! I hope there will be something that will help in rearranging channels. I have a lot of channels with a lot of rules on each. Its more or less impossible to rearrange them manually due to the complexity. Maybe you're tool will have a simplified way?

Thanks for all you hard work, help and time Lunatixz. All that coding and following this thread, whilst keeping your sanity is a very special gift indeed. Nod
(2014-01-07, 22:06)Indy_star Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 21:45)bry- Wrote: @Indy_star why in gods name would you leave beta software setup for a woman that is not familiar on how to get things working on her own? You are just asking to get bitched at.

HAHAHA, your so right. It works 90% of the time it's just this dead channel problem that she can't deal with. I can't believe she refuses to learn to edit XML, I don't get it! Wink Cool

(2014-01-07, 21:37)chrisny9 Wrote: Is there anyway to edit the font size in the epg? My wife insists it is too small for her to read from the couch.

I told my wife the only way to fix it is a bigger TV.

lol I could try that but doubt she will go for it.
(2014-01-07, 21:31)ylafont Wrote: I would like to know if anyone has a preference on which TV Backend works best with PTVL. Currently i am using MythTV and have about a 5 second delay with each channel switch and I am wondering if it could be improved. thanks.

I am using Media Portal (backend and plugin) and I see about an 8 second delay when changing channels. I think someone said something about this earlier in this thread,
but I cannot find it anymore. Something about a new Frodo version that has dramatically faster channel switching times. Maybe someone can elaborate.
  • 141(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45