• 144(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I've been working for days now trying to get this set up and I have finally figured it out! Love it! I have a few questions though.

1. I use scrapped Hulu content in a lot of the channels so when switching between channels there's this loading screen for opening up the stream. Is there a way around this? Or any way to make it a little smoother? Does the delay between channel switches option have anything to do with this?

2. How can I get my channels to mix my content a bit more? For example, I have a channel with ABC content and a lot of the time there's 3-4 Grey's Anatomy episodes in a row. I guess that's because I have the most episodes of that show. Is there a way to have PsedueTV mix everything so there's never a time where the same show comes up two times in a row?

Thanks!
(2014-01-08, 23:17)Elixxen Wrote: I've been working for days now trying to get this set up and I have finally figured it out! Love it! I have a few questions though.

1. I use scrapped Hulu content in a lot of the channels so when switching between channels there's this loading screen for opening up the stream. Is there a way around this? Or any way to make it a little smoother? Does the delay between channel switches option have anything to do with this?

2. How can I get my channels to mix my content a bit more? For example, I have a channel with ABC content and a lot of the time there's 3-4 Grey's Anatomy episodes in a row. I guess that's because I have the most episodes of that show. Is there a way to have PsedueTV mix everything so there's never a time where the same show comes up two times in a row?

Thanks!

1. No... Its from the hulu plugin, not PTVL. Yes, delay would prolong channel change which would worsen your case.

2. Use the in app channel manager, advanced rules and custom playlists to create anything u want.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-01-09, 00:39)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-08, 23:17)Elixxen Wrote: I've been working for days now trying to get this set up and I have finally figured it out! Love it! I have a few questions though.

Thanks!

1. No... Its from the hulu plugin, not PTVL. Yes, delay would prolong channel change which would worsen your case.

2. Use the in app channel manager, advanced rules and custom playlists to create anything u want.

Thanks a bunch! One more question, I can't seem to get Posters for my TV shows showing. I've added the TVDB API in the settings but nothing happens. Why doesn't it just use the scrapped images btw?
(2014-01-09, 01:21)Elixxen Wrote:
(2014-01-09, 00:39)Lunatixz Wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks a bunch! One more question, I can't seem to get Posters for my TV shows showing. I've added the TVDB API in the settings but nothing happens. Why doesn't it just use the scrapped images btw?

It does, tvdb is needed for livetv... Read post 2 to learn about dynamic artwork. In order for you to understand why its not working.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-01-08, 21:53)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-08, 21:22)styler12345 Wrote: I tried now the playlist + PTVL on my raspberry pi (raspbmc), without any problems. All 32 "horror" movie items were added to the channel. I only have this problem on Win7 XBMC + PTVL (tried it on 2 windows 7 PC's).
I also noticed in the log (on the windows pc)

19:24:12 T:5860 DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileAccess: copying special://profile/playlists/video/Horror_movies.xsp to C:\Users\BB\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv.live\cache/stored/Horror_movies.xsp
why is there a "slash" instead of a "backslash" after cache?

It looks like the script is reading the xsp file correct, cause in the xbmc.log after: "script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList"
he shows all movies + plot description. It ends with "end":32,"start":0,"total":32, so all 32 movies with the genre Horror were recognized. Here is the fullpart off that xbmc log: http://paste.chimho.de/s3GEvTVs
So maybe the script has a problem in generating m3u file?
I try to find the method + python file where m3u files are generating.

greetings styler12345

EDIT: i replaced now the method "buildFileList" in Channellist.py with the old one from PseudoTV 2.1.0. Now PTVL adds all 32 movies to the Channel. So the next step is to find the difference between this 2 methods Wink

Yeah, thanks... let me know what you find... when I glanced at the two versions... Obviously I noticed my new editions... but I didn't notice anything that could cause the problem described.
Just post your findings and I'll make the changes to my master code.
Τhis replacement "buildFileList" from the pseudo tv 2.1.0 worked for me and all my movies+plots are now shown in pseudo tv live.The only thing now is the "directory" channels.I have the same problem with the "non english"characters.Any ideas?

Thanks styler12345,Luna for the answers
(2014-01-09, 01:35)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-09, 01:21)Elixxen Wrote:
(2014-01-09, 00:39)Lunatixz Wrote: 1. No... Its from the hulu plugin, not PTVL. Yes, delay would prolong channel change which would worsen your case.

It does, tvdb is needed for livetv... Read post 2 to learn about dynamic artwork. In order for you to understand why its not working.

I have read that part but I still don't quite get what I'm doing wrong. I feel like a pain right now but could you please explain with a bit more detail? I'm a complete noob when it comes to this stuff.

Also I'm trying to add a smart playlist as a channel but whenever I go into the channel configuration and choose smart playlist there's no way to select which playlist I want. When I jump down it automatically goes to advanced rules and then I can't go up anymore.
Bug! i was able to reproduce it with the latest master.

When PTVL starts on an audio channel, the XMBC menu remains in view even after changing a channel. At times when you change the channel to Live tv channel you only get audio. One needs to select another channel and exit PTVL in order to remove the XBMC menu

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58850968/xbmc.log
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5885...hot012.png

I think a saw an response on the playlist not also not working. Are you aware of that?

Forgot to mention - can you add page-up and page-down controls when viewing the guide?
(2014-01-07, 22:47)MovieJunky Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 21:31)ylafont Wrote: I would like to know if anyone has a preference on which TV Backend works best with PTVL. Currently i am using MythTV and have about a 5 second delay with each channel switch and I am wondering if it could be improved. thanks.

I am using Media Portal (backend and plugin) and I see about an 8 second delay when changing channels. I think someone said something about this earlier in this thread,
but I cannot find it anymore. Something about a new Frodo version that has dramatically faster channel switching times. Maybe someone can elaborate.
Yeah, I wrote on here a few weeks back that there is unofficial XBMC 12.2 release by margro for folk currently using Media Portal as their backend. This release is excellent for live TV. Channel changing is between 2-3 seconds. That's a huge improvement on the official XBMC 12.2 release which as you said is painfully slow. I wouldn't bother upgrading to the current 12.3 version either, released on Christmas Eve. I tried that, thinking the channel changing improvements on margro's release would have been implemented, but they obviously haven't as yet since channel changing using MP as the backend is still hellish. So, I reverted back margro's release. Makes the whole PTVL experience far more enjoyable, especially when you don't have to wait like 8 seconds to change from one live TV channel to another! :Smile
Looks his link for this release is down at the moment, but fortunately I saved a copy. You can get it on my dropbox, using the below link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlsfuvz96ivyuk...margro.rar

As this is un-official release of XBMC, so I don't know if all plugin's will work. That being said, I've been using it for a good few weeks now with no real issues. All the plug-in's I use certainly work with no bother.
(2014-01-09, 03:25)Dumyat Wrote: Yeah, I wrote on here a few weeks back that there is unofficial XBMC 12.2 release by margro for folk currently using Media Portal as their backend. This release is excellent for live TV. Channel changing is between 2-3 seconds. That's a huge improvement on the official XBMC 12.2 release which as you said is painfully slow. I wouldn't bother upgrading to the current 12.3 version either, released on Christmas Eve. I tried that, thinking the channel changing improvements on margro's release would have been implemented, but they obviously haven't as yet since channel changing using MP as the backend is still hellish. So, I reverted back margro's release. Makes the whole PTVL experience far more enjoyable, especially when you don't have to wait like 8 seconds to change from one live TV channel to another! :Smile
Looks his link for this release is down at the moment, but fortunately I saved a copy. You can get it on my dropbox, using the below link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlsfuvz96ivyuk...margro.rar

As this is un-official release of XBMC, so I don't know if all plugin's will work. That being said, I've been using it for a good few weeks now with no real issues. All the plug-in's I use certainly work with no bother.

If am not mistaken, I read somewhere that LiveTV Changes to XBMC are only available on V13, they have purposely left them out in previous version. I was also wanted to know if different backend's are faster than others. I have been using MythTv for a few years and never really experimented with anything else and was thinking of changing.

I took a copy of your version. will experiment. Thank you.

This is what it looks like when I select playlist. I can't pick a playlist no matter what I press. It's just blank. Anyone else having the same problem?
I have a quick question regarding BCTs if nobody minds.

What’s the best way to go about setting up commercials using a local source? I downloaded a batch of old 80s and 90s ads and public service announcements and they came with all manner of names and file types.

What works best as far as naming conventions go?
Do they need separate network folders like the bumpers did?

I felt I should ask after just directing the settings menu toward the folder they’re stored in had them not showing up at all.
I am not sure whether I am experiencing a bug, but PTV has been unwilling so far to create a channel with Game of Thrones playign from 1x01 - to the end.
I used the exact same rules as for my "The Wire" channel, which works without a hitch there. PTV keeps on starting the GoT channel with episode 1x06,
then skips to 1x08, even though i have all episodes of season 1.

"Only play unwatched items"
"Play in order"
"Pause when not watching"

I thought perhaps the watched flag is set for some of the episodes of GoT, but those are all unwatched and I even removed the show from XBMC and
added it again, but to no avail. I am unsure whether my database is corrupted or this is PTVs "fault".
I looked through the logs but I was unable to find any information.
(2014-01-09, 08:21)Elixxen Wrote: Image

This is what it looks like when I select playlist. I can't pick a playlist no matter what I press. It's just blank. Anyone else having the same problem?

I'm having this issue too. I can navigate through all the buttons, but it skips the playlist entry field.
(2014-01-09, 12:47)deletedpenguin Wrote:

I'm having this issue too. I can navigate through all the buttons, but it skips the playlist entry field.
Ditto - Same here. Using a build that I downloaded last Saturday. Will try and download latest master today to see if the problem still occurs.
(2014-01-09, 12:47)deletedpenguin Wrote:

This issue could be related to the skins you guys are using. Have you tried changing to a different skin?

Mark
  • 144(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45