• 147(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-01-10, 12:10)MrsAngelD Wrote: Hi there Luna Just a small suggestion. I mentioned it before but I think it got lost in support Wink

When watching YouTube channels if you hit the info button it's great that you get the videos description. However it doesn't say the channel name where the video is from. I would like to suggest that if possible the channels name is be added somewhere on the info screen. This would be very helpful when creating interleaved YouTube channels.

For example I have a YouTube PSTVL channel called documentaries which is actually 3 different YouTube channels interleaved together. When I hit info it shows me the current videos description, however I'm left guessing as to which channel actually has the video. Is it 1001Documentaries, AllHistories or SubscriptionFreeTV I'm unsure and left guessing.

I understand this might be out of your control as you may have no way to grab this information but I thought in case you could it might be worth suggesting.

Anyway thank you for all your hard work and thank you for such an amazing addon, PSTVL alone makes XBMC amazing Smile

I will include this feature in my next update...

(2014-01-10, 14:02)tromy Wrote:
(2014-01-09, 23:37)Lunatixz Wrote: ::Update::

Git updated... Various tweaks, and fixes... (Playlist setting box fix?, PTVL not generating channels with non English characters fix?)
WIP Skin was improved, and ARYEZ's Aurora skin was added...
Version bump
Luna,with the last update RTVL generates non english channels and see all my library.Thanks!
Now that channels generated I have two issues.
1.In movie genre channels,at the epg, I can see the title of the movie but can't see the plot.It's empty.When I make new nfo in english I can see both(plot+title).
2.In directory channels PTVL freezes and have to exit xbmc e.g.Channel 4 is movie channel and channel 5 is directory channel.When I change from 4 to 5 PTVL returns to 4 and freezes.
To remind you all issues in non english channels and PTVL V 1.9 and PTV V 2.1 works great.

Log?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-01-07, 19:15)Lunatixz Wrote: I could possibly turn channel 1 into a TV Guide that shows the channel logo, name of channel and channel number.

Is this still a possibility to get implemented an an option to start on it by default when PTVL is started? I had to write a little batch script to edit the settings.xml to change the last channel number to always be on channel 1 when PTVL starts to satisfy my wife. I much prefer your suggested solution as it serves multiple purposes and prevents the last channel offline crash.
(2014-01-10, 00:05)Lunatixz Wrote: Not sure I can... I looked into it, and its relatively easy coding wise. But I believe this isn't allowed by XBMC. Plugin access to XBMC system files and db, from what I understand isn't allowed (ie won't be added to official repo).
The XBMC wiki says it is allowed to query the databases. Read only access of course:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_databases
(2014-01-10, 20:23)Indy_star Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 19:15)Lunatixz Wrote: I could possibly turn channel 1 into a TV Guide that shows the channel logo, name of channel and channel number.

Is this still a possibility to get implemented an an option to start on it by default when PTVL is started? I had to write a little batch script to edit the settings.xml to change the last channel number to always be on channel 1 when PTVL starts to satisfy my wife. I much prefer your suggested solution as it serves multiple purposes and prevents the last channel offline crash.

I could make a start-up channel option, to either be last channel or a preset channel... but I much rather, if you experience a crash, you send me a log... So I could find out what crashed it... and right code to prevent it from happening...
This addon can't and won't improve without your logs and feedback!!
(2014-01-10, 19:20)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-10, 12:10)MrsAngelD Wrote: Hi there Luna Just a small suggestion. I mentioned it before but I think it got lost in support Wink

When watching YouTube channels if you hit the info button it's great that you get the videos description. However it doesn't say the channel name where the video is from. I would like to suggest that if possible the channels name is be added somewhere on the info screen. This would be very helpful when creating interleaved YouTube channels.

For example I have a YouTube PSTVL channel called documentaries which is actually 3 different YouTube channels interleaved together. When I hit info it shows me the current videos description, however I'm left guessing as to which channel actually has the video. Is it 1001Documentaries, AllHistories or SubscriptionFreeTV I'm unsure and left guessing.

I understand this might be out of your control as you may have no way to grab this information but I thought in case you could it might be worth suggesting.

Anyway thank you for all your hard work and thank you for such an amazing addon, PSTVL alone makes XBMC amazing Smile

I will include this feature in my next update...

(2014-01-10, 14:02)tromy Wrote: [quote='Lunatixz' pid='1595627' dateline='1389303451']
::Update::

Git updated... Various tweaks, and fixes... (Playlist setting box fix?, PTVL not generating channels with non English characters fix?)
WIP Skin was improved, and ARYEZ's Aurora skin was added...
Version bump
Luna,with the last update RTVL generates non english channels and see all my library.Thanks!
Now that channels generated I have two issues.
1.In movie genre channels,at the epg, I can see the title of the movie but can't see the plot.It's empty.When I make new nfo in english I can see both(plot+title).
2.In directory channels PTVL freezes and have to exit xbmc e.g.Channel 4 is movie channel and channel 5 is directory channel.When I change from 4 to 5 PTVL returns to 4 and freezes.
To remind you all issues in non english channels and PTVL V 1.9 and PTV V 2.1 works great.

Log?
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=108617.
Hope u find something
(2014-01-10, 20:39)pünktchen Wrote:
(2014-01-10, 00:05)Lunatixz Wrote: Not sure I can... I looked into it, and its relatively easy coding wise. But I believe this isn't allowed by XBMC. Plugin access to XBMC system files and db, from what I understand isn't allowed (ie won't be added to official repo).
The XBMC wiki says it is allowed to query the databases. Read only access of course:

Interesting... guess I misinterpreted...
this option might be added down the road, but not right now...
(2014-01-10, 21:00)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-10, 20:39)pünktchen Wrote:

Interesting... guess I misinterpreted...
this option might be added down the road, but not right now...
Better later than never Smile

Git Updated with some fixes for missing plot info, youtube channel information, PTVL skin improvements, and a few other tweaks...
I feel like I must be missing something insanely simple but gotta ask. I made some smart play list to use as channels. I set the channel to playlist but then there is no way to tell it which list to use. I see where the field is for it but it will not allow input into it.
XBMC System:
Windows 7, E8400, 2GB Ram, 8800GTS, 12.3 “Frodo”, Aeon Nox 4.1.9

Gaming Rig:
Windows 7, i72600k, 8GB Ram, Radeon HD 6950 2 GB, 128GB SSD.
@Lunatixz

So far I have only installed it, followed your instructions, but without success. I have read it works with Free Cable, Hulu and VEVO. Very interesting.
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
Hi,

All my media has <moviename>-poster.jpg for the posters files.

Using the default skin in PTVL, I do not see any posters on the info overlay screen. If I change a local poster files to poster.jpg, the default skin will show it for the changed item, but I don't want to change my entire library. When I first start PTVL, sometimes the poster flashes for .1 seconds, but then goes back to the fallback blank poster image.

When using the Aurora skin, the posters appear correctly on the overlay screen, without having to change anything. It's too bad, because I much prefer the default PTVL skin.

I've poked around the default skin script.pseudotv.live.TVOverlay.xml, but can't seem to find the setting to make it handle <moviename>-poster.jpg over poster.jpg.

Thanks for any ideas.

Also, secondly,

When pressing up or down to change channels, the overlay screen pops up each time which is nice, however when typing in numbers and hitting enter, (ex, type 21 then Enter to skip straight to channel 21), the overlay screen does not appear upon channel change. Is there anyway to change this? Cheers.
(2014-01-11, 14:09)moneymaker Wrote: @Lunatixz

So far I have only installed it, followed your instructions, but without success. I have read it works with Free Cable, Hulu and VEVO. Very interesting.

What's not working? Did you install plugin dependencies?
(2014-01-11, 16:02)Tate Wrote: Hi,

All my media has <moviename>-poster.jpg for the posters files.

Using the default skin in PTVL, I do not see any posters on the info overlay screen. If I change a local poster files to poster.jpg, the default skin will show it for the changed item, but I don't want to change my entire library. When I first start PTVL, sometimes the poster flashes for .1 seconds, but then goes back to the fallback blank poster image.

When using the Aurora skin, the posters appear correctly on the overlay screen, without having to change anything. It's too bad, because I much prefer the default PTVL skin.

I've poked around the default skin script.pseudotv.live.TVOverlay.xml, but can't seem to find the setting to make it handle <moviename>-poster.jpg over poster.jpg.

Sorry, Only conventional names (poster, fanart, logo, clearlogo, landscape) work with dynamic artwork. The flash you are seeing is the static image of what is currently playing.
Disable dynamic artwork and it will stay on.

(2014-01-11, 16:02)Tate Wrote: Also, secondly,

When pressing up or down to change channels, the overlay screen pops up each time which is nice, however when typing in numbers and hitting enter, (ex, type 21 then Enter to skip straight to channel 21), the overlay screen does not appear upon channel change. Is there anyway to change this? Cheers.

Not without writing code for it...

Donor exclusive "Superbowl" commercials will be added today...
Just sent you a little donation Luna, this is by far the most used plugin we have at our house....keep up the good work.

-Chris
  • 147(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45