• 152(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I have been trying to update PTL on my one machine and it continues to say that I am on 0.1.9 where as on my other machine updating PTL works just fine. Almost to the point of just reinstalling XBMC to give that a whirl.

Update: I reinstalled XBMC and now my PTL is on the current update. I dont mind a clean install. Just still unsure what the problem is, I deleted the folder and cache folder and it would not update and just stay on 0.1.9
(2014-01-13, 09:48)Dignam Wrote:
(2014-01-13, 03:29)Lunatixz Wrote: You know about the other three youtube types right? (chtype 10)
channel, playlist, user subscription?

Will any of those just play random videos a specific user has posted? Or would I need to make a playlist of them first

You can create a random rule for the channel and it will play random videos.
(2014-01-10, 21:00)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-10, 20:39)pünktchen Wrote:
(2014-01-10, 00:05)Lunatixz Wrote: Not sure I can... I looked into it, and its relatively easy coding wise. But I believe this isn't allowed by XBMC. Plugin access to XBMC system files and db, from what I understand isn't allowed (ie won't be added to official repo).
The XBMC wiki says it is allowed to query the databases. Read only access of course:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_databases

Interesting... guess I misinterpreted...
this option might be added down the road, but not right now...

I know you have already addressed this and I really do appreciate it. For those of us using serverWMC as a pvr backend we do not need xmltv for epg. I have worked with xmltv as you know but for new users there is no possible way to autotune channels as serverWMC info does not match xmltv info so you must manually install each channel. It seems that serverWMC is a rising star (because you in fact do not have to mess with the whole xmltv thing) in the PVR backend area so just wanted to point this out for your further consideration. Thanks again for the best plugin on XBMC.
Hey there,

fist of all I played a few hours with PLTV and I must say that it is very promising. I tried a few web link here and there and thanks to this "huge" thread, I grabbed a few tips.

I also tried to put a HDHomerun link which I'm using without any EPG for now. I can't get it to work. here is what I put in the settings2.xml file:

<setting id="Channel_5_type" value="9" />
<setting id="Channel_5_1" value="5400" />
<setting id="Channel_5_2" value="hdhomerun://10396891-0/tuner0?channel=8vsb:479000000&program=3" />
<setting id="Channel_5_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_5_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_5_rule_1_opt_1" value="My Sport TV" />
<setting id="Channel_5_time" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_5_changed" value="False" />

What Am I doing wrong ?

Regards,

-Eric
(2014-01-13, 21:15)estarna Wrote: Hey there,

fist of all I played a few hours with PLTV and I must say that it is very promising. I tried a few web link here and there and thanks to this "huge" thread, I grabbed a few tips.

I also tried to put a HDHomerun link which I'm using without any EPG for now. I can't get it to work. here is what I put in the settings2.xml file:

<setting id="Channel_5_2" value="hdhomerun://10396891-0/tuner0?channel=8vsb:479000000&program=3" />

What Am I doing wrong ?

Regards,

-Eric

Follow chtype 9 example in post 2.
Your missing switch _3 and _4.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-01-13, 20:21)cybeard Wrote:
(2014-01-13, 09:48)Dignam Wrote:
(2014-01-13, 03:29)Lunatixz Wrote: You know about the other three youtube types right? (chtype 10)
channel, playlist, user subscription?

Will any of those just play random videos a specific user has posted? Or would I need to make a playlist of them first

You can create a random rule for the channel and it will play random videos.

That's not quite true. The random rule plays from a random spot on the time line, but the order will be the same.
I looked at it a few times already... I must be missing a logical step...

Here is my updated data

<setting id="Channel_5_3" value="My Sport TV" />
<setting id="Channel_5_4" value="Sit back and enjoy a 24/7 stream of music videos on VEVO TV." />

Thanks again!

-Eric
(2014-01-13, 21:29)estarna Wrote: I looked at it a few times already... I must be missing a logical step...

Here is my updated data

<setting id="Channel_5_4" value="Sit back and enjoy a 24/7 stream of music videos on VEVO TV." />

Thanks again!

-Eric

Looks good except you're missing the chtype at the top... use 9, also make sure the link plays in xbmc b4 trying in ptvl. also set changed to "true"
(2014-01-13, 21:27)redhalo Wrote: That's not quite true. The random rule plays from a random spot on the time line, but the order will be the same.

Is there a reference website for all the Advanced Rules for PTVL or PTV? I was under the assumption that it was randomized video order as well and not spot on timeline. Instead of assuming I know what the rules are doing, it would be nice to see exactly what every option does. I read Milkman's guide, I'm looking for more indepth info for the channel advanced rules. Anyone know a good website?
(2014-01-13, 21:45)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-13, 21:29)estarna Wrote: I looked at it a few times already... I must be missing a logical step...

Here is my updated data

Thanks again!

-Eric

Looks good except you're missing the chtype at the top... use 9, also make sure the link plays in xbmc b4 trying in ptvl. also set changed to "true"

Hey Lunatixz, thanks for the quick response!

I made the last changes and nada... I also tested the strm file directly in XBMC, plays good...

<setting id="Channel_5_changed" value="True" />

Your guide is quite simple and straighforward...

I don't see why it is not workin' here...

Thanks for any imput.

-Eric
(2014-01-13, 21:55)estarna Wrote:
(2014-01-13, 21:45)Lunatixz Wrote:

Here is my updated data

Thanks again!

-Eric

I made the last changes and nada... I also tested the strm file directly in XBMC, plays good...

Thanks for any imput.

-Eric

Looks correct, have you been clearing the cache or forcing channel reset after each change?
(2014-01-13, 21:54)Indy_star Wrote: Is there a reference website for all the Advanced Rules for PTVL or PTV? I was under the assumption that it was randomized video order as well and not spot on timeline. Instead of assuming I know what the rules are doing, it would be nice to see exactly what every option does. I read Milkman's guide, I'm looking for more indepth info for the channel advanced rules. Anyone know a good website?

This is the closest thing I've found to info on the rules aside from Milkman's guide and experimentation.
http://pseudo-tv.blogspot.com/2011/10/ve...eased.html

The original PTVL didn't handle these new channel types so if random ordering was needed then it was expected to handle that in the smart playlist. With the new streaming channel types no new rules were made for ordering.
(2014-01-13, 22:00)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-13, 21:55)estarna Wrote:
(2014-01-13, 21:45)Lunatixz Wrote: Looks good except you're missing the chtype at the top... use 9, also make sure the link plays in xbmc b4 trying in ptvl. also set changed to "true"

Thanks for any imput.

-Eric

Looks correct, have you been clearing the cache or forcing channel reset after each change?

Cleared cache in ...AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv.live\cache. Also forced a channel reset. I wrote the information directly in into settings2.xml with Notepad++. In the setting UI could have Imesseup with a specific config ? Huh

Regards,

-Eric
(2014-01-13, 22:05)redhalo Wrote:
(2014-01-13, 21:54)Indy_star Wrote: Is there a reference website for all the Advanced Rules for PTVL or PTV? I was under the assumption that it was randomized video order as well and not spot on timeline. Instead of assuming I know what the rules are doing, it would be nice to see exactly what every option does. I read Milkman's guide, I'm looking for more indepth info for the channel advanced rules. Anyone know a good website?

This is the closest thing I've found to info on the rules aside from Milkman's guide and experimentation.
http://pseudo-tv.blogspot.com/2011/10/ve...eased.html

The original PTVL didn't handle these new channel types so if random ordering was needed then it was expected to handle that in the smart playlist. With the new streaming channel types no new rules were made for ordering.

Thanks, that's a good explanation for some of the rules. I was hoping to use this with Youtube Playlists, I'm guessing it can't be randomized with an Advanced Rule? I think YouTube removed that functionality as well a while back.
(2014-01-13, 22:31)Indy_star Wrote: Thanks, that's a good explanation for some of the rules. I was hoping to use this with Youtube Playlists, I'm guessing it can't be randomized with an Advanced Rule? I think YouTube removed that functionality as well a while back.

Yeah...I'm in the same boat, Youtube doesn't seem to have the ability to do reverse chronological ordering either, which would help with multipart videos being played second video first in PTVL. I've asked about including ordering rules, but haven't heard anything.
  • 152(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45